Lt. Commander
# 21
05-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Yes AGT was a too parter... the Enterprise from the future timeline was only in part 2 though.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Honestly, with this much buzz now, does anyone really think they're going to make this ship easier for anyone to obtain?
Indeed, they should clarify it: you only get one nacelle per 5 people recruited. All 3 requires recruiting 15...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
..."alternate timeleine that did non happen", uhm the 2 Negh'Var Klingon Ships seen there the first time did not happen? Strange, they are pretty much everywhere now.
Even stranger ... Data's in the future timeline of that episode.

And yet ... dead in the current canon timeline.

Nah ... Q's Anti-Time was a probable future. That will not happen the way it did in the show. There's no warp 13. Data does not leave starfleet to become a professor.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
To be honest, I was unaware of the recruit thing with the TAG Enterprise, I was just talking about a way to make the ship work balanced in-game.

No, they should definitely let this be gotten from recruiting, c-store and as STF reward. Let people get it the way they want to.

As for the other two classes getting a ship, how about offering the Deploy-able Armored Intrepid for Science and a Multi-Vector assault mode Prometheus for Tactical. Have all three for sale from the C-Store for 2000 a piece for those who don't want to wait, A reward for STF and a choice of one of the 3 for part of the reward for recruitment.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
As for the other two classes getting a ship, how about offering the Deploy-able Armored Intrepid for Science and a Multi-Vector assault mode Prometheus for Tactical. Have all three for sale from the C-Store for 2000 a piece for those who don't want to wait, A reward for STF and a choice of one of the 3 for part of the reward for recruitment.
They already said what they're going to do with the "tier" of ships that the AGT Enterprise fits into ...

A T5 Galaxy (regular galaxy), Defiant and Intrepid.

This is probably the easiest route for them to take ... and it is something a ton of fans have asked for. Far more than have asked for the AGT Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I agree with what you are saying, but LTS customers may still make purchases via the C-Store and expansion packs, so they do continue to bring funds into the game.
Oh, absolutely. That's certainly a good point. I was referring only to the subs. =)

Though we'll never see the numbers, it'd be interesting to see how much income is gained from the C-Store and similar MTs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post

Thoughts?

Ice cream on a jelly sandwich seems to be an odd pairing.....
how did it end up in the place where your brain is supposed to be?!

Baffling... oh yes....
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They already said what they're going to do with the "tier" of ships that the AGT Enterprise fits into ...

A T5 Galaxy (regular galaxy), Defiant and Intrepid.

This is probably the easiest route for them to take ... and it is something a ton of fans have asked for. Far more than have asked for the AGT Enterprise.
True, but my idea is cooler.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Even stranger ... Data's in the future timeline of that episode.

And yet ... dead in the current canon timeline.

Nah ... Q's Anti-Time was a probable future. That will not happen the way it did in the show. There's no warp 13. Data does not leave starfleet to become a professor.
Data is alive in the game, mind you.

Though he's commanding the Enterprise.

Which was first suggested as a possible future in Peter David's novel Imzadi (set in 2405). (I hope they use Data's crew from Imzadi as the templates for the Enterprise Bridge crew, in part.)

And what did Imzadi do? It inspired All Good Things, particularly the Worf/Riker dynamic there.

I think Imzadi is arguably the most important Trek novel ever written in terms of its influence on subsequent works, both canon and otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Shard-Warrior here. Cryptic still expects money to be made from C-Store and future Expansion Packs. It appears the Romulan EP will be out sometime this year. Cryptic's going to want the LTS's $29.99 just as much as the monthly subscriber's. And with 4-9 C-Store items going in every month they want the money from that too. LTSs still vote with their dollars, though maybe not as loudly as monthers.
As above, yes, that's a very good point. I hadn't taken the C-Store into account in my statement.

In theory, all players have an equal voice; in practice, some are a bit louder than others. =) The argument can be made, too, that LTS would have more immediately disposable income and would be more inclined to make C-Store purchases but that is information that's WAY above my paygrade, let alone my ability to analyze; it's just raw speculation on my part.