Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 121
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Hey Everyone,

I've placed this discussion in the feedback forums we just created for C-Store items and Promotions.

Thanks!

-Destra
IE, you want to "ghetto" off discussion of your RMT stuff so that they don't appear in the most read forums.

The Smed is strong in this one.
Lt. Commander
# 122
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I disagree on both of the OP's points. I have a friend who is a long-time MMO player. Last month, I sent him my buddy key, he gave the game a shot, and he liked it. Quite a lot, and the game at that time certainly lacked even a lot of the features it has now. He has some financial considerations which have preventing from puchasing a sub just yet, but he intends to.

As for the All Good Things Galaxy...I think it's a fine reward for the referral program. It's not "exclusive" to anybody in that we all have a chance to earn it. Sure, it's hard to get 5 friends to try the game - I don't have a hope in hell, personally - but it's a highly desirable reward for a very difficult task.

Would I be opposed to Cryptic lowering the referral requirement to, say, 3 friends? No, that would be fine. But if they want to leave it as-is, that's cool to. It's certainly not what I would call a "folly," though you're free to disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
I've placed this discussion in the feedback forums we just created for C-Store items and Promotions.
GM_Destra, I sent you a PM, please get back to me as soon as posible, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 124
05-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
IE, you want to "ghetto" off discussion of your RMT stuff so that they don't appear in the most read forums.

The Smed is strong in this one.
Yeah that was my first thought as well.
Lt. Commander
Hey GM_Destra.

I’m personally sad to hear that, since I have already “recruited” two people to join the game. I know your system doesn’t work with the other system, but how about you make it work or some other way arrange people to get “credit” for the people they already have recruited.

For example, I got one friend to play, buy and pay for the game and playtime through my Collectors Edition “Friends trail” card. Now I have the card still and the code he used from it, so I could in theory easily point out his @handler and what code he used for starting the trail. So that would be one way to do those.

Now onto the other friends that I used your “Buddy Codes” where we got a code from the website by selecting that service and then it send of a code to me that I then forwarded to him, whereas he also played, bought and played for subscription time. Once again I can point you to his @handler and also provide the code he started the trail on.

So both these ways we could prove to have recruited people already through your own options/services.

I know your system wasn’t made for retroactive perspective, but that does not mean that it cannot be altered for it to work in the fairness of people recruiting friends early so that we can have a wider player basis.

So I personally would really appreciate if you would be as kind and take this up with whomever it might concern.

Kind Regards
Adfectio
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-07-2010, 04:01 AM
This is (yet another) step in the wrong direction. *** has a new expansion coming out next week, I'm seriously considering giving that game another try.
Lt. Commander
GM_Destra, I've been looking over the "refer a friend" program and thinking about the consequences. I've come to the conclusion that the player who is referred to STO should also get something special to keep, such as a Tribble or a Uniform Code, which will give people who are not playing the game the incentive to give STO a chance for a month.

At present the current system does not really give anything special to the potential new player and if I was the player being referred, I would definitely give it a go if I was going to get something special.

The ability to travel to your new friend for 30 days and the bonuses when teamed up are just not incentive enough in my opinion, but just a suggestion, although it may be to late.
Lt. Commander
# 128
05-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Where is your proof of this? Please link to actual data that can show this is what will happen with STO.
I don't need proof I've actually entertained the notion, but my income is too thin and I have a '56 Ford F-100 that demands that money for an engine/trans swap and a paint job. What's more important in life having that cool virtual uber ship that will eventually be obsolete or driving an already obsolete pickup that's PINK! Why did the previous owner have to paint it PINK!!!
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTareq View Post
This is (yet another) step in the wrong direction. *** has a new expansion coming out next week, I'm seriously considering giving that game another try.
Why did you stop playing that game in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
GM_Destra, I've been looking over the "refer a friend" program and thinking about the consequences. I've come to the conclusion that the player who is referred to STO should also get something special to keep, such as a Tribble or a Uniform Code, which will give people who are not playing the game the incentive to give STO a chance for a month.

At present the current system does not really give anything special to the potential new player and if I was the player being referred, I would definitely give it a go if I was going to get something special.

The ability to travel to your new friend for 30 days and the bonuses when teamed up are just not incentive enough in my opinion, but just a suggestion, although it may be to late.
I agree. There has to be an incentive for a friend to join up. If the game were more polished, then no incentive would be neccessary. But then the RAF program wouldn't be neccessary either.