Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
During the first CoH Valentine's Day Event (2005) you could only get the Wreath and Sandals (account wide) if you recruited another player and they subscribed. Otherwise you were out of luck. The year after they added the Wreath and Sandals as a reward for doing the Valentine's Day missions, where they have been achievable ever since on a character by character basis.

There was a huge backlash on the forums and many players just bought second accounts in order to get the goodies. Cryptic swore they would never do in game rewards in such a way again. And what are they doing now? Ship Variants, pets, BOffs as rewards for recruiting? Yeah, same thing but this time you have recruit or buy even more accounts to get them. Yay!

i know =/ it was a retorichal question pointing out that the event was fixed in later years, and that has an extreme player bases and has survived such things as WoW (which took away some players only to have them come back) and even more close to home, champions online, which is just a better graphic version of coh with crappyer content.... the real cohers spotted the difference, didn't much like it and came back.

cryptic is a crappy marketing and they have admitted that, which honestly,i think is complete B.S. they are excellent marketers, letting thier actions speak louder they thier worlds and letting the product speak for it's self ( i know it doesn't seem like that with sto and it's downfalls but its like a marriage, gets better as time passes ) and they rely more on "word of mouth" as opose to fancy commercials and tv adds, it's also a good way to see how well the game is doing, if more people keep joining, then they are doing something good, if people keep leaving, stop playing, or cancelling subscriptions (like i keep telling people that are disatisfied with the game, to do) they'll clue in and then look at the forums, polls, and player feed back to find out why people are leaving or not playing, and correct the problem...
as it stands, people keep playing even though they are complaining and more people keep subscribing so the problem isn't nearly as big as you would think... the forums are just a tiny foot note of player feed back at the corperate level that atari looks at, and as such is probably the slowest and hardest way to get any type of real changes made..
like ****ing in the ocean to try and change the water level....
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
/agree to the OP!

Don't make canon ships from Star Trek exclusive items!
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I think they need an in-game way to get all special items. I really hate it when games add in "elite" stuff to reward only certain people. Sure give those people easy access to them, but make them available to all.

I honestly can't see the reason behind adding content that only some people can get. It's like being in a large family where only one child gets the new toys. Fosters long term resentment.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
When WoW did the referal program for the Zebra mount, almosy everyone I knew that had one bought the secound account and referred themselves to get it. The same with Earth and Beyond when they offered skill points as rewards for refering people, players just bought accounts for the referrals, infact gold sellers started selling the referrels ingame for ingame credits.

All in all, I have to aggree with you Jacobflowers, you raise some pretty valid points.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-05-2010, 01:25 PM
If they need money that badly, like others have said, add it to the C-Store.

I have said before, my friends had played, now they have quit
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-05-2010, 01:25 PM
The Galaxy 5 should not be a part of the RAF
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I disagree with the OP Cryptic should always try to bring in in players. It's good sign they are trying to bring in new players. It means they are committed to improving the game and want more to play it. They should never stop trying to bring in more players.

Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean all players here don't like it. Just because there is no crafting. You believe game is unfinished is no reason for them not to try and increase the player base. A lot of people see crafting as a task to improve their character and not real game play. They don't like it but do it for the reward. Improving their character.

A lot of peoples expectations for STO were to great. I had the expectations I probably wouldn't like it. I was surprised when I did. A lot of the complainers are really unrealistic in their demands for STO. It's not enough like EVE. Star Fleet is killing people in a war. I don't like Fleet actions, STF's, PVP or the ground game there is nothing to do. This type of stuff.

In no way should Cryptic ever not try to bring in new players. Because a few people bought lifetime accounts to a game they don't like. Or some of their players don't like the game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I just cancelled my account but pvping in a tier 5 galaxy would make me change my mind as captain was my favourite rank.

I am married with kids and I dont know 5 people willing to play this game, yet I want that ship.

If this item available by 25th May I will resub but once I leave a game I dont go back.

WOW 1yr FFXI 4months SWG 1&1/2yrs LOTRO 4months WAR 6months

STO 2months
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
i remember a similar thread as this that spark lots of people to put demands in their signatures and sparked lots of ...well i can't really say debate, it boiled down to just alot of whining.... and sparked lots and lots of threads concerning the issue, and nothing was ever done...well...thats a lie
eventually something was done, 2 months later when update 2.0 was released and the level cap was raised from ra5 to ra 10 but techinicly that didn't raise/remove the skill cap, just increase the levels ergo the skill points required to reach the levels....
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmanandy View Post
I just cancelled my account but pvping in a tier 5 galaxy would make me change my mind as captain was my favourite rank.

I am married with kids and I dont know 5 people willing to play this game, yet I want that ship.

If this item available by 25th May I will resub but once I leave a game I dont go back.

WOW 1yr FFXI 4months SWG 1&1/2yrs LOTRO 4months WAR 6months

STO 2months
if you cancelled your account how are you still able to post? you can't post if your account is susspended/cancelled...