Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree with OP. Bad timing as usual. Should have done this after season 2(assuming that it fixes anything anyway).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
A canon ship that was in a few minutes of one episode out of 28 seasons and 11 movies over a 43 year period.
Well obviously it made an impact.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
05-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post
Civil? You can't keep this civil. It's no more civil than my 2 year old falling on the floor crying because she isn't getting what she wants.

Same thing here. WAH WAH I want the ship how dare you make me have to recruit people to your game!

People cried in the same way about the stupid zebra in WoW too. If you can't spend the time or effort to get the awesome ship, you don't deserve it. I mean, they obviously don't want everyone and their mom flying it. So it's tied to a hard task.
These comments are very crude, cruel and uncaring.

Some people like myself don't have friends who are into computers. Getting the Galaxy X is impossible for some. All I ask is Cryptic make it available via some other means and/or at a later date. Those who can meet the 5 sub requirements should get this ship first.

Also a lot of anger stems from the fact that lots of star trek fans are only interested in canon ships (me included). It's extremely disappointing to see ship after ship update in the C-Store be non-canon Cryptic ships and the first canon one since TOS Connie is out of my reach.

Go ahead and flame some more. I think I've been civil and have not gone off the deep end. It's not the end of the world but this RAF offer is very disappointing to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
Flame bait? You'd have much more credibility if instead of replying in vague and sweeping arguments, you actually tackled specific things I said. And I never said anything about it all being about "me", you are making it as such. :p

So, I made comments about why I think your opinion isn't valid, and I backed up everything I said with reasons. Where is your rational response other than making the debate about me personally? Give me a break man.

All in all, if Cryptic had taken the time to make a game that a majority of gamers and reviewers feel is a great game to begin with, we wouldn't have the landslide of failing confidences in Cryptic and Atari to begin wtih.





I'd like to believe that Zinc is more genuine and sincere than trying to employ such elaborate methodology. Secondly, it just adds to the list of guffaws to their name, so I don't think it is probable. However if it is, then I tip my hat at their marketing department for being clever devils.

In any case, whats interesting is that they SHOULD be aware of this issue by now, and yet have chosen not to respond thus far. But, i won't say its not possible.

Things like the death penalty and the difficulty slider are band-aids which they used as marketing fodder to convey an image that "they listen to us"... when in actuality... the progression rate of the game was ridiculously fast. They would have had to have done something to remedy this even if we didn't speak out about it.

What Engelbert refuses to acknowledge, and a few others... are that I have been on these forums and active since I joined at the end of 2008. They don't realize that I came in to this community GUNS BLAZING with excitement, and support for Cryptic and STO. Then, slowly as time went on, I started noticing those tell tale signs that not everything was as healthy for STO as could be.

Long story short, I turned into a critic. I try to think of myself as a reasonable person. This notion is enforced by the fact that I have seen so many "fanboys" turn into skeptics, haters, critics, or simply become disenchanted. You are one of those squidheadx, since I remember even you in the past disagreeing on things that I've brought up. But now look. Its not because of my words either, you came to these conclusions and become disheartened yourself and due to Cryptic's actions/decisions. And YOU, are not the only one. I can name plenty of names here. Plenty. But I won't, cause this isn't an ego trip for me and it pains me that I wasn't wrong in the first place. Believe me, I would have liked to have been.

Oh well.

A MMO should always try to get it's players to recruit their friends at all times. Not when Jacob feels the game is ready to start a recruitment program. Don't try to question my credibility. You advertised for a different MMO for weeks. I do appreciate that you have stopped. Thank you.

There is no way can prove my point is isn't vaild. Nothing you said was grounded in reason. A MMO should always try to have it's players recruit their friends, family or more people. At all times after launch three months after launch isn't to soon. By the time a player reaches level cap there will be even more content.

It's you and a few others claiming landslides in loss of confidence. There are plenty of others who see that Cryptic is working hard to make the game better. Have great confidence in them. Just because of some poor reviews on some gaming blogs aren't good it's not the death of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
1. People complaining that Cryptic is just looking for a "cash grab" is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it is.

Businesses exist to make money, they have to have money or they die. My body needs food, no one complains when I eat breakfast or when I look for more ways to get more food. My car needs gas, no one complains when I fill up the gas tank. No one complains when Walmart makes a profit, so why do we complain that Cryptic is searching for other ways to make money? Don't like microtransactions? Don't use them.


2. The Game is Painfully Unfinished, Why Invite People Now?

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I first read about the RaF program. They should have waited until after Season 2 to debut this new program. As it stands now, new people invited will just see a broken and half-finished game. Quitters invited back are going to see the same game they just left with a tiny amount of improvements. It's not going to keep them. And then when Season 2 does come out they are less likely to come back and try it for a third time.


3. Referring 5 friends gets you a Galaxy X

That's nice and all, but who among us hasn't already talked to all of their friends about STO? Well, those friends that are interested in Star Trek and/or video games that is. Most of a Trekkies friends are likely to also be Trekkies, and if one of them has heard about STO they all have. Same with video game players. The entire set up of this program shows me that whichever marketing genius (probably the same guy that tried to raffle off a seat on the advisory council) thought this program up has no friggin clue who we, the player base, are.

There needs to be an additional way for players to access the Galaxy X. And I'm sorry Jacob, I tried to remain civil, I really did.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
05-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
1. People complaining that Cryptic is just looking for a "cash grab" is just stupid. I'm sorry, but it is.

Businesses exist to make money, they have to have money or they die. My body needs food, no one complains when I eat breakfast or when I look for more ways to get more food. My car needs gas, no one complains when I fill up the gas tank. No one complains when Walmart makes a profit, so why do we complain that Cryptic is searching for other ways to make money? Don't like microtransactions? Don't use them.


2. The Game is Painfully Unfinished, Why Invite People Now?

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I first read about the RaF program. They should have waited until after Season 2 to debut this new program. As it stands now, new people invited will just see a broken and half-finished game. Quitters invited back are going to see the same game they just left with a tiny amount of improvements. It's not going to keep them. And then when Season 2 does come out they are less likely to come back and try it for a third time.


3. Referring 5 friends gets you a Galaxy X

That's nice and all, but who among us hasn't already talked to all of their friends about STO? Well, those friends that are interested in Star Trek and/or video games that is. Most of a Trekkies friends are likely to also be Trekkies, and if one of them has heard about STO they all have. Same with video game players. The entire set up of this program shows me that whichever marketing genius (probably the same guy that tried to raffle off a seat on the advisory council) thought this program up has no friggin clue who we, the player base, are.

There needs to be an additional way for players to access the Galaxy X. And I'm sorry Jacob, I tried to remain civil, I really did.

Actually you were quite civil, espescially in comparison to a few nameless others in the other thread ;-)

As to your second point. As you already know, I fully agree with your sentiments. I have even been trying to convey what you said to Engelbert, the person who posted directly above you, but to no avail. Perhaps you could elucidate better than I since you tend to be very clear and succint.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I have to agree with the OP. Bad idea. I've tried to get my guild and r/l friends to try STO. All left after their initial impression. Finish the game first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
As to your second point. As you already know, I fully agree with your sentiments. I have even been trying to convey what you said to Engelbert, the person who posted directly above you, but to no avail. Perhaps you could elucidate better than I since you tend to be very clear and succint.
I don't know what more I can say.

Yes, Cryptic should have bonuses for bringing more players to the game.

However, they should have waited until Season 2 was on the live server. Why? Because first impressions sell your product.

Right now the first impression that someone is going to get from STO is that of a buggy, broken game that's way too light on content. If these same people were invited to join after Season 2, they will presumably see an MMO that has more content, more races, and less bugs. Therefore they are more likely to stay.

Well, why not have a RaF now and later? The problem with that is that you're still limited to mostly the same people who'd be interested, and if they've already tried the game once or twice they'll be statistically less likely to want to give it yet another try.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
05-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I don't know what more I can say.

Yes, Cryptic should have bonuses for bringing more players to the game.

However, they should have waited until Season 2 was on the live server. Why? Because first impressions sell your product.

Right now the first impression that someone is going to get from STO is that of a buggy, broken game that's way too light on content. If these same people were invited to join after Season 2, they will presumably see an MMO that has more content, more races, and less bugs. Therefore they are more likely to stay.

Well, why not have a RaF now and later? The problem with that is that you're still limited to mostly the same people who'd be interested, and if they've already tried the game once or twice they'll be statistically less likely to want to give it yet another try.
CORRECT

10/chars

::sigh::
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
05-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree with the OP. The Galaxy X is a ship I really wanted and the friends I have just look at me funny say no way it us unfinished and there is not Bridge that is unusable in the game and you can not walk through any of your ship Ext.. So I will never get the ship I want. What is Wrong with you Cryptic, you know that we would all want this. So you try to play us into make us do your job for you. For what 5 friend for a full 2 months retention. There is no way any of us will get it and. That is it, isn't it you, have not made the ship yet. You know we can not achieve it so you say it is there, But it is not.

All just to Play us for the 5th time I am sorry but I guess I will never see the Galaxy X. I will not do your job. pay me in free time then we will talk. What you sould do is FIX THE GAME. Also GIVE US WHAT YOU PROMISED. then we could get five friends. But I for one, am tired of being scammed by you. it ends here THIS FAR NO FURTHER.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 PM.