Lt. Commander
# 1 New Melee weapons Combos
02-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I haven't seen a thread which discusses combos for the new melee weapons. So, I'd like to make one for the lirpa and sword.

I haven't done any testing, but can make some observations on the sword (I haven't used the lurpa much).

1. Only one of the swords attacks lists expose chance 1 , the other, 2, does more damage/hit and strikes slower (lower base damage & same dps).
2. The sword attacks faster than the bat'leth and lirpa (lower base damage & same dps).
3. The sword doesn't seem to have an alpha against a single target as good as the bat'leth. (with enough SD hyposprays on you this won't matter)
4. The sword does seem to have better AoE attack(s?) which is quicker to get off than the Bat'leth combo.
5. The sword doesn't seem to have a knockback effect with "3" attack. It says it's knockback, I've not seen it happen. Correction this is an AoE knockback.
6. I didn't notice any stuns nor roots w/the sword. Still not confirmed one way or the other.

Please feel free to post any details, corrections, info you may have on the knew melee weapons you've observed.

Edited for Typo a litle more detail.

Update: I checked with a GM to clarify to #1 below make sure it wasn't a bug or exploit. They said it wasn't so I'll remark a couple of observations on the sword.

1. Unlike the Lirpa or Bat'leth, you can use the attack of a sword and it will run up and hit an enemy. This will work while you're rooted (at least versus a NPC).

2. Most sword combos do AoE damage.

3. The 121 combo can be 5 attacks, 1 for the 1st strike, two for the second (the 2) and 2 more for the 3rd (the jumping double strike I forget what it's called).

4. The combo timing is rhythm sensitive. (I'd suggest using a stun pistol hold/expose on a creep which likes to back up alot).

5. The jumping Cleave strike is an exploit which as an AoE (I've killed 3 NPCs with 1 combo anda flanking exposed crit).

Edit: I haven't found anyone who would like to 1v1 PvP to hash this all out, so no detailed testing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Saved space for potentional later use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Went through the combos for the Tsunkatse Falchion:

(It should be noted that this is a MK XI common version, plus I have any skills that affect melee damage maxed out.)
12 - Sword Spin
21 - Sword Backslash

111, 221 - Sword Double Strike
112, 222, 212 - Sword Cleave (Even though it doesn't say so, I'm pretty sure this attack Exploits. Not sure about the others yet.)
121, 122, 211 - Sword Spinning Jump
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 07:21 AM
im curius on the melee weapon damage, it feels less powerfull then normal weapons.
but might just be a feeling thing then actuall fact.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
im curius on the melee weapon damage, it feels less powerfull then normal weapons.
Even with combos, allot of times the exploit hit doesn't seem to do as much when compared to a sniper rifle. However, this is physical damage which bypasses the shields which can freaking hurt! Recent STF with my whole team carrying Lirpas ended up with an Elite Tactical Drone on the ground, not being able to anything as its health dropped like a rock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
There's a lot a variables to consider. Tacs can get boosts from putting SP into melee skills. Scis can use hypo sprays (+75% damage boost form tier 3 version). Scis can hypo a Tac Boff, a Tac captain can recieve hypo sprays from Sci Boffs. If i remember right the base dps is 43 for melee weapons, with hypos et al you can get it over 100 dps. If you add in crits, exposes/exploit combos, flankings, +exploit damage, +%crit damage, and resistance debuffs you can get over 1k damage to health which is usaually enough to kill.

One thing I'm working on leveling a Nausican (+30% exploit damage trait) and w/Sci Boffs w/hypos 1-3 tiers on each to see what I can max it out at. But, this will be awhile.