Lt. Commander
# 11
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
When you reach Rear Admiral 5, you resign your starfleet commission. You then hitch a ride on an Orion Freighter. Make your way to the Badlands. Visit Jake Riker, the same Jake Riker from an earlier mission. And you join the Mahquis. And level up through their system.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
When you reach Rear Admiral 5, you resign your starfleet commission. You then hitch a ride on an Orion Freighter. Make your way to the Badlands. Visit Jake Riker, the same Jake Riker from an earlier mission. And you join the Mahquis. And level up through their system.
I'd actually play that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm having the same problem. Dailys don't interest me at all, PvP isn't my thing, and the STFs are simply not that fun. I'm on the last section of Infected and getting one shotted by Rebecca isn't my idea of a good time

What would I prefer? Well, I don't know what I would want that is easily done. Maybe instead of creating nothing but STFs for end game they could do some more storyline missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'd actually play that.
Me too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree with the OP. I'm a RA with nothing to do but fly...Think I'm gonna go back to eve for a few months and then come back when more stuff is out.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil0812 View Post
Maybe instead of creating nothing but STFs for end game they could do some more storyline missions.
They've heard the players on that. And have responded that they are working on more storyline missions. They know that we prefer City on the Edge of Never and Taris and the Cracked MIrror very much over STF's. They know this. We know this.

The caveat is ...

That content takes a lot more time to create.

And gets finished far more quickly.

I don't think a lot of us making these criticisms keep that in perspective. I'm prepared to wait for new story arc missions. They say they're working on new story arc missions. So ... what's left to do about that? Complain that it's taking too long? I see no real point to that. We know that content takes the longest to make.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Complain that it's taking too long? I see no real point to that. We know that content takes the longest to make.
Ya but why keep paying a monthly subs. fee for content you don't like. Wait til the content is there and then come back...
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-05-2010, 02:49 PM
If they had a few elements like capturable sectors, that would never end. Seems like most of the Fed missions could be adapted to Klingon content, but I'd prefer the dynamic to be player/Fleet driven. Klingons obviously have great potential in that regard with House feuds that it's difficult to replicate for the Feds. A couple more Klingon sectors where House fights House, as well as purging Undine and Romulans and other undesirables.

Short answer: start a new character for now
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral911 View Post
Ya but why keep paying a monthly subs. fee for content you don't like. Wait til the content is there and then come back...
For me, personally?

They put Pakleds into the game. And now I'm levelling a Pakled on Elite difficulty. For the yuks. It's pretty entertaining.

And ... I roleplay. My Admiral. With his daily missions.

I'm pretty ok with the stuff that's at RA5 right now. I'm not a fan of the STFs. But I still get a lot of fun out of doing exploration missions. And the new difficulty has made them a bit more interesting. (The fact that Starlians and Phaonians are so brutal now has me thinking up a whole storyline for the B'Tran Cluster).

I know this does not work for everyone else. And I do not expect others to fall for this the way I do. I'm cool with that.

But I keep paying to play this game because I'm still getting something out of it. When that stops, yeah, I'll stop subscribing. It's why I don't buy lifetime subs. I don't think that works out mathematically. Because I am the type that will, when finally bored of a video game, put it down quietly and walk away.

But I don't hold a grudge over that. I put down a TON of single player and console games in my day. I don't hate them cause I got bored with them.

I think I'm getting my money's worth from this game. For what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-05-2010, 02:56 PM
So you are an RA5 and don't want to do what's available to you. Ok. Try this: step away for a few weeks. Go outside. Enjoy the spring weather (or fall weather for you from Oz) It's not like you are going to be surpassed. When you come back, create a new tactical character and put the difficulty on "Elite". Use only Science ships and use NO consoles.

Then when you get bored give us another complaint thread.