Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
05-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I can't imagine haveing the kind of free time it would take to max out a Charcater in STO, or any other MMO for that matter, much less be sitting on multiple high level toons and complaing about nothing to do on the forums. Maye after the kids are grown, the house is paid for and I retire I can have that...till then I'll just look on in envy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
05-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn

But i live in a country where we have freedom of speech and if we dont voice our opinions the game will never reach its full potential

I was almost with you up until this statement.

Check your countries "rights" at the door please. The Internet is a global community, and while Cryptic may be an American company, they are not obligated to follow America's Bill of Rights.

I'm all for voicing an opinion, hell we lambaste the game weekly in a podcast but that doesn't mean you QQ over it "like omg u gaiz, the game iznt finizhed, viva revolution!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Saving this in Missions Feedback.

I would recommend you check out the Engineering Reports - there's a lot of information there about upcoming content that might interest you. I would also recommend joining a discussion on the UI and Interface boards to discuss your suggestions for making the camera work better for you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
05-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
Yes im prepared for all the trolls spouting here (you dont know how to use bo your $%$ etc etc)

All i have left is dailys and raid missions.

Now daily pvp great except the 4/15 ones all update the daily 0/3 ones dont tried doing every pvp get credit for the 15 ones but not dailys(tried dropping them etc etc) filled ticket got sto is a mmo (yeah never when did this happen i never new)

Raid at last section of infected (yeah been told 100000000000 times how easy it is)
1 struggle to even asemble a team
2 even harder find a team to play as a team (im a sci officer in sci ship so you really need to be team member-but due cryptics design eng and tacs have just tanked there way through game mostly solo)

spent 20 minuites watching 3 amazing tacs killing borg in queens room while me and someone else sat outside forcefield watching them. after umpteen atempts tell them what to do. i whent to space doc they where still there. (they could be fighting on even now)

3 fleet missions are just tedious respawning hell i dont want to kill 150 romulans turn round and kill 150 more big dig more like a big bore

4 raid missions game makes majority of it space then get to supposed end game and its a mario platform game with trash camera and controls that wouldnt look out of place on an atari jaguar.

And before you go on how easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy infected is and ce etc how come no one does them again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. (probally same people that got starbase 24 lvl capped)

go on trolls tell me how rubbish i am

away to play mario practice for new sto
i hate to break it to you, but this is how all mmorpg's are

although sto still lacks end game content in terms of amount, they do have 3 of the big 4 - dailies, raids, pvp, playing the economy

i dont count playing the economy atm due to the total lack of a viable crafting system

heck when you hit max level in everquest and the MUD it's based on, all you had were raids (we called it 'zoning' back then) and alts to keep you busy.

now if they were to bring in the mission architect system from city of heroes here, that would add a literal ton of new content on a daily basis and i'm sure many of the RP frenzied trekkies who play this game would eat up the chance to re-enact various EU book scenarios and what not
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narial View Post
i hate to break it to you, but this is how all mmorpg's are

although sto still lacks end game content in terms of amount, they do have 3 of the big 4 - dailies, raids, pvp, playing the economy

i dont count playing the economy atm due to the total lack of a viable crafting system

heck when you hit max level in everquest and the MUD it's based on, all you had were raids (we called it 'zoning' back then) and alts to keep you busy.

now if they were to bring in the mission architect system from city of heroes here, that would add a literal ton of new content on a daily basis and i'm sure many of the RP frenzied trekkies who play this game would eat up the chance to re-enact various EU book scenarios and what not
I pray WE NEVER see the Mission Architect system from CoX here in the manner it was implemented in that MMO EVER (and I did use it and create a story based 5 mission arc that maintain 4 stars through 60 or so plays). Paragon implemented it HORRIBLY and CoX was virtually a ghost town within 3 months bcause of how it was iom plemented there.

If Cryptic does add a UGC system to STO; I PRAY they learn from the MASSIVE mistakes Paragon made in implementing it for CoX.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
I can't imagine haveing the kind of free time it would take to max out a Charcater in STO, or any other MMO for that matter, much less be sitting on multiple high level toons and complaing about nothing to do on the forums. Maye after the kids are grown, the house is paid for and I retire I can have that...till then I'll just look on in envy
Well, you are a lifer. So you've got the time to wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
05-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
I was almost with you up until this statement.

Check your countries "rights" at the door please. The Internet is a global community, and while Cryptic may be an American company, they are not obligated to follow America's Bill of Rights.

I'm all for voicing an opinion, hell we lambaste the game weekly in a podcast but that doesn't mean you QQ over it "like omg u gaiz, the game iznt finizhed, viva revolution!"


For one im not american 2 i dont live in america

3 its not just america that has freedom of speech
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Start an alt. They're *gasp* fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
Yes im prepared for all the trolls spouting here (you dont know how to use bo your $%$ etc etc)

All i have left is dailys and raid missions.

Now daily pvp great except the 4/15 ones all update the daily 0/3 ones dont tried doing every pvp get credit for the 15 ones but not dailys(tried dropping them etc etc) filled ticket got sto is a mmo (yeah never when did this happen i never new)

Raid at last section of infected (yeah been told 100000000000 times how easy it is)
1 struggle to even asemble a team
2 even harder find a team to play as a team (im a sci officer in sci ship so you really need to be team member-but due cryptics design eng and tacs have just tanked there way through game mostly solo)

spent 20 minuites watching 3 amazing tacs killing borg in queens room while me and someone else sat outside forcefield watching them. after umpteen atempts tell them what to do. i whent to space doc they where still there. (they could be fighting on even now)

3 fleet missions are just tedious respawning hell i dont want to kill 150 romulans turn round and kill 150 more big dig more like a big bore

4 raid missions game makes majority of it space then get to supposed end game and its a mario platform game with trash camera and controls that wouldnt look out of place on an atari jaguar.

And before you go on how easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy infected is and ce etc how come no one does them again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. (probally same people that got starbase 24 lvl capped)

go on trolls tell me how rubbish i am

away to play mario practice for new sto
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
05-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They've heard the players on that. And have responded that they are working on more storyline missions. They know that we prefer City on the Edge of Never and Taris and the Cracked MIrror very much over STF's. They know this. We know this.

The caveat is ...

That content takes a lot more time to create.

And gets finished far more quickly.

I don't think a lot of us making these criticisms keep that in perspective. I'm prepared to wait for new story arc missions. They say they're working on new story arc missions. So ... what's left to do about that? Complain that it's taking too long? I see no real point to that. We know that content takes the longest to make.
Perhaps someone already responded to this, so I may be repeating others sentiments:

1. Launch a game that is part-way done is not really a good business practice. That's what STO feels like to me - I don't get to visit Betazed, there is nothing on Vulcan, I can't beam down to Earth, not even Starfleet HQ (San Francisco), Andoria has something nice - vendors with merchandize not available in Spacedock (medium hypo & large hypo, for example). Is that logical? You mean we don't "keep the best stuffs available at home"?
Maybe there aren't a lot of exciting things happening within Federation-controlled regions, but what about piracies? There is a large patch of "blue" space on the Galaxy Map (the bulk of Alpha Quadrant) that are inaccessible. Are all these areas "crime-free"? Member "states" (or systems) have no minor quarrel and war? Consortium and enterprises (read: Trade Federation) all working with each other harmoniously all the time?

2. Perhaps budget is running out before a more comprehensive "universe" can be designed and created, and so the game much launch to quickly generate revenue and recover lost. Fine. (it's just my guess work.) Launch an incomplete product. Well, there are more people subscribing, money is flowing in. So start hiring more people for the job, outsource some other parts, etc. Shift to a higher gear.

3. Chicken or the egg - does Cryptic has enough creative people to design these game contents? Or creativity is much limited by what the programmers can code? I just listed possible storyline scenarios above. Much to explore, and not enough manpower to do it. The cashflow will be steady and increasing, if enough of it is diverted to creating stuffs.

A case in point is the poll for starship interior, or which other faction to start on. These are the stuffs that should already be in place, partially (if not almost finishing) on the development cycle. If we just hear about "ah which faction to start next", by the time the dev cycle goes one round, it would be 3 months later. It's just too long to wait for Romulans to be ready. So in the mean time, people will unsubscribe and lo - cashflow problem.

Perhaps what is really needed is a good CEO for Cryptic, with a better business plan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40 All hand on Deck
02-27-2011, 11:00 AM
It would be nice to manuver around your ship on the inside, to have a state room, captains quarters, sick bay, engineering facality, and the whole nine yards. To sit at the captians station and watch the action on the view screen. I waited over 13 years for STO to come out, I would have waited one more year to have these items available.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.