Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Cryptic: Take a stand now please!
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Cryptic Devs/Mods,

In response to the huge amount of controversy over the AGT Galaxy, I am posting this thread urging you to take a stand against this kind of immature behavior. In preface, I am currently a sales manager for Sprint, and I have been in sales management for over 7 years. I know how to motivate people to sell!

YOU Crypitc, must make a statement letting everyone know that rewards like the AGT Galaxy are ONLY attainable through the referral program. This will have the following effect:

1) Continue to provide motivation for the sales men and women of STO to recruit people to the game.

2) Not undermine the hard work that some have already done, and if in the future if new incentives are added, people will actually work to get them, instead of waiting for them to be added to the C-Store for $6.

3) Give you justification to delete/lock all the polls/threads full of fail and whine, thus reducing the amount of negative energy on the forums. Negative energy is bad for business! If a stand is taken I guarentee 9/10 of the nay sayers will actually get off thier rears and recruit people, and that is GOOD for business!

And keep in mind a few other things also:

- Many people are citing the fact that "cryptic has done a good job of listening to the community so far, and should also listen to the community about this blah blah blah" THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY AND GIVING IN TO DISSENT! Don't give in the the manupulation!!!

-EVERY customer is important and valued, but you cannot do something that will negativly impact your business based on feedback from 1% of your customer base.

In conclusion, to anyone who would want to try to make a counter to this post, don't try for the following reasons:

A) You probably are not close to qualified.

B) But more importantly, all this time you spend postnig nonsense on the forums, you could have been out recruiting people TO KEEP TE GAME YOU LOVE SO MUCH ALIVE!

I would like to thank you all for your time.

Best Reguards,

Barry
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
In response to the huge amount of controversy over the AGT Galaxy, I am posting this thread urging you to take a stand against this kind of immature behavior.
Every paying customer has a right to tell Cryptic what they would like. Cryptic has the right to listen, or not to listen. Maturity is not involved in either of those factors, and bringing it up only demeans yourself and your argument rather than helping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
delete/lock all the polls/threads full of fail and whine
Ironically, that would require this thread be deleted as well. Posting a thread complaining about other people complaining is still complaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
2) Not undermine the hard work that some have already done, and if in the future if new incentives are added, people will actually work to get them, instead of waiting for them to be added to the C-Store for $6.
Those choosing to do the "hard work" will get;
  1. The AGT Galaxy X (or whatever incentive) for free instead of buying it in the C-Store
  2. In the case of the AGT Galaxy, 5 friends to play the game with

Don't see how allowing others to purchase the ship in the C-Store diminishes that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Those choosing to do the "hard work" will get;
  1. The AGT Galaxy X (or whatever incentive) for free instead of buying it in the C-Store
  2. In the case of the AGT Galaxy, 5 friends to play the game with

Don't see how allowing others to purchase the ship in the C-Store diminishes that.
Neither do I. I have benn pushing this game on friends and family whenever I can, and it is in spite of the Galaxy X not because of it. IMHO the only thinbg uglier than a Galaxy class is the Galaxy X (shudder of revulsion).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Cryptic has already made their decision - if they can cash in on an "exclusive", it'll be in the C-Store.

Their FAQ states that they reserve the right to do so, and past practice indicates they will, and soon.

Making a definitive statement one way or the other doesn't help their bottom line, so you won't get one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
Cryptic Devs/Mods,

In response to the huge amount of controversy over the AGT Galaxy, I am posting this thread urging you to take a stand against this kind of immature behavior.
I say "Bravo!" I agree, & as I've stated on an earlier thread, I don't want to see a Galaxy-X everytime I leave Earth Spacedock. Don't misunderstand me, I'd love to have one too, but it's a rareity and should remain so.

Personally, I want Cryptic to make as much coin as possible off of all of us in order to keep this kickin' game ... well, kickin'.

To all the folks who will be throwing various produce & dairy products @ this thread:

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." -- Cdr. Spock, "Amok Time"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
In conclusion, to anyone who would want to try to make a counter to this post, don't try for the following reasons:

A) You probably are not close to qualified.
I was willing to listen and observe quietly until you said this.

The fact is, I don't care who you are or what you do in meatspace. Here, you are a player, just like the rest of us. The only time your occupation applies at all is if Cryptic pays you as a consultant of some kind... and you are not, else you would have said so. Your voice carries no more* weight than any other players' voice.

By all means, voice your opinion. It may be quite well-thought-out and indeed be based on your real-life experience. I for one am glad to see rational debate on pretty much any topic; nobody gets anywhere worthwhile and sustainable without reasoned discourse. And in fact I can grok much of where you're coming from. But unless you actually are in a position of authority -- in this case, employed by Cryptic as a sales consultant and therefore privy to sales research, deliberations, and executive goals -- you cannot make an argument from authority.

Here in these forums, you are a player like the rest of us tribbles. To praraphrase the Slashdot vernacular, you may be a salesman, but you are not Cryptic's salesman.

* - and no less, I hasten to add.

ETA: In retrospect, this perhaps comes off harsher than I intended. Such is unfortunately the way of Internet communications. So I do apologize if rudeness is perceived since that was not my intention. 'Argument from authority' is a bit of a push-button for me, and so I came off somewhat more direct than I needed to. I do hope, though, that my core point is made despite the harshness of my tone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherPower
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." -- Cdr. Spock, "Amok Time"
Ironically, that quote applies equally to ANYONE who wants the Gal-X, whether they want it in the C-store or want it through the referral program. So that quote is more of an argument against having the ship in game at all than it is against any specific means of getting it. But speaking of Spock quotes, heres another:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

And according to this, the many want the Gal-X in the C-store
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beringer
A) You probably are not close to qualified.
LMAO! Its always funny when demeaning statements are misspelled
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ironically, your quote applies equally to ANYONE who wants the Gal-X, whether they want it in the C-store or want it through the referral program. But speaking of Spock quotes, heres another:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

And according to this, the many want the Gal-X in the C-store
Speaking as a fellow human being, and as I'm sure you're aware, there's a lot of stuff "the many" WANTS but doesn't really NEED. Ask any smoker, heroin addict, or family wherein the children outnumber the parents. And therein lies the rub....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM.