Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
If Cryptic have any regard for their players at all, they will change their decision on this.
I agree, there should be another way to get it...perhaps with the accolade system or something?
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Should be available via multiple avenues
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't see it happening.

Yes I went back and read it... and I stand corrected. Sounds uber. I still have no problem with it being a recruiter reward. Although, I think getting 5 people to BUY the game should be enough. I don't think they should have to also subscribe for another month minimum. Another idea... If a recruit goes LIFER, then BAM, Master Recruiter.

Wow, you are fast.. I could not even delete this post before it got quoted.... btw, how do you delete a post?
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicNewt View Post
Perhaps you should recheck your Star Trek Lore. Fed cloak breaks the Treaty of Algernon. It was allowed in the anti-time reality, because the Romulans had been defeated by the Klingons and nullified the treaty. OK, if it has a unique cannon, then yes, that makes it more than a skin. As far as this "hint" show me.... It'll never fly.
Being at war with the Romulans nullifies the treaty too.
Also, read what dstahl said.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I say yes, because that is the incentive for players to refer their friends. It may eventually be available in the C-Store, but not anytime soon. Right now it is a good incentive and it should stay that way. Just like pre-orders had their own incentives.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Voted

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I say yes, because that is the incentive for players to refer their friends. It may eventually be available in the C-Store, but not anytime soon. Right now it is a good incentive and it should stay that way. Just like pre-orders had their own incentives.
Do you seriously, honestly think having 5 people subscribe is fair? Really?
It shouldn't even be called referral. You are not referring if you do this! You are marketing the game for them.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Do you seriously, honestly think having 5 people subscribe is fair? Really?
It shouldn't even be called referral. You are not referring if you do this! You are marketing the game for them.
Of course its marketing, there are many forms of it. If you have friends that like Star Trek and/or MMOs I'm sure by now you've told them about STO, and that is definitely a form of marketing. At least through the referral program you are getting something in return.

Frankly I'll probably never get any of the referral rewards, but I'm fine with it. I have no problems with them offering incentives for it. Take away the incentives and very few people will do it. The less people that do it the less chance Cryptic has of making money. Lets face it, they are a company and their number 1 priority is making money, just like every other business. I don't have anything against them for that.

So to answer your question yes I do think its fair. Besides, who's to say that in a year from now they won't offer new incentives and put the current incentives into the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Should be available through other means. In a game with so few unique high-end items, making one of the biggest ones a referral item demonstrates an attitude of profits before player experience, pure and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
The phrase "too soon" comes to mind.
WoW gets away with referral programs due to being well established, and even WoW doesn't require FIVE SUBSCRIBERS.

STO is barely off the ground, at this point it should be attracting players on it's own merits, not through this kind of heavy-handed referral.