Lt. Commander
# 251
12-18-2010, 02:09 AM
I play fed and klingon and I just don't do FvK any more. It just is nothing more than piles of carriers spamming fighters and whatnot so it becomes a PvE match with some players on the other side as well. It is just getting pointless.

There is a reason that KvK is not so desirable... they don't want to deal with all the spam they pump out...

By the time you kill their fighers/drones/bombers/poptarts they have all respawned again anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 252
12-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I play fed and klingon and I just don't do FvK any more. It just is nothing more than piles of carriers spamming fighters and whatnot so it becomes a PvE match with some players on the other side as well. It is just getting pointless.

There is a reason that KvK is not so desirable... they don't want to deal with all the spam they pump out...

By the time you kill their fighers/drones/bombers/poptarts they have all respawned again anyway.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Tell me where the bad carrier touched you.
Lt. Commander
# 253
12-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
KvK was dead* since many patches before Carriers became useful.

*) For certain definitions of dead.
Lt. Commander
# 254
12-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

Perhaps, he could show us on the doll?... :p

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 255
12-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

Mature,.. but I would expect no less from the internet.

Truth is not always welcomed here.
Lt. Commander
# 256
12-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:

You don't come off as very familiar with KvK queues. As I said - they were "dead" before the Carriers got their super-pet-spam. So the Carrier cannot be the cause of it. It might not help change it, either, but the cause was earlier.

I still maintain the reasons for the slow KvK queues is not really related to strength, but to the following factors:
  • Low Klingon Population. It's a lot easier to get an FvF match then to get an FvK match. It's easier to get a FvK match then to get a KvK match. Just because there are potential players on the Federation side. Some play casual, some play focused. On the Klingon side, most play focused, and the casuals are rare - a causal PvP player on the KLingon side is a casual player as a whole, considering the lack of continual other motivations (storyline missions.)
  • The dreaded CLoak. The bane of PuGs with inexperienced or at least "solo"-players. Good teamwork can make cloak lose its advantage (and eventually, all the cost for getting cloak many ships get turn the ships less effective). But the average Starfleet PuG won't be that good, while Klingon players probably already mastered the skill of selecting a target while cloaked and then shoot eversthing they got at it.
    Hence, FvK feels easy to Klingons and hard for Feds most of the time, and things easily reserve at Premade level. Klingons naturally prefer FvK because it's easy most of the time. Feds naturally avoid FvK because it's hard most of the time. As a Klingon you are basically guranteed to find people that know how to focus fire and wait until everyone is in position. As Fed player, sometimes you're happy when no one is ignoring team invites and someone healt you once.
  • Story motivation. The idea of the Klingon Empire and the Federation fighting each other is just more compelling then Klingons fighting each other. There is a sense of really being a "Klingon" when you actually fight one of their greatest rivals.
Lt. Commander
# 257
12-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:

Heres the truth Feds spam twice as much junk as klinks. Fed tactic #1 Ball up drop a crap load of mines everyone hit photo fleet the min we engage. That has been life for a klink for 4-6 months now. 75% of klinks are still in bops and not dropping mines all over. In all honesty a carrier or 2 doesn't do much but even out the spam.
Lt. Commander
# 258
12-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Heres the truth Feds spam twice as much junk as klinks. Fed tactic #1 Ball up drop a crap load of mines everyone hit photo fleet the min we engage. That has been life for a klink for 4-6 months now. 75% of klinks are still in bops and not dropping mines all over. In all honesty a carrier or 2 doesn't do much but even out the spam.
Amen brother. preach it Preach it!!
Lt. Commander
# 259 so says you
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I do not see that tactic at ALL any more.

I cannot recall the last time i saw a group of fed players ball up and cast endless amounts of mines. Most often they go their own ways and are cut up piecemeal or group loosely and die quickly.

It does happen but not as much as the endless supply of super pets that see beyond 25km and continue to follow you no matter what. THAT I do see on a daily basis.
Lt. Commander
# 260
12-19-2010, 07:42 PM
It still happens plenty. And if it doesn't happen enough to your liking then why not join in and spam away yourself?