Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Wednesday, May 6 from 3:00am to 5:00am PDT (10:00am to 12:00pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance.
Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
sweet Star Trek Online should be up when I get home from work
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
wednesday the 6th may?

shouldn't it be the 5th?
or the Thursday?

but cool
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Armada View Post
wednesday the 6th may?

shouldn't it be the 5th?
or the Thursday?

but cool
Obviously if it was today then this maintenance would of already been done. So it's thursday.. just someone had a woopsie
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Obviously if it was today then this maintenance would of already been done. So it's thursday.. just someone had a woopsie
Well i wouldn't be worried if it was the first time someone at cryptic made that mistake.... but these are the people in charge of our game... not the first time one of 'those people' failed to match a correct date to it's corresponding weekday. (omg, he's rippin on the dude for getting a date wrong?) Yes.... in the professional world, you deserve to be laughed at and feel like a moron for something like that. Also, since i gave up criticizing the game, i'm all out of things to criticize.

It really scares me. I don't think it's 'that' hard to read a calendar do you? Oh wait... he probably can't tell the time without a digital watch either.

This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My opinion, without me, is useless. Without my opinion, I am useless. (not that i'm useful anyways...)

i'm taking bets.... what'll it be this time? an infraction or a warning? Stay tuned with the answer to this question.

BTW, those messages are automated. You think anyone at cryptic could be bothered to write something so well put together? You'll notice the date in the title is correct (not the first time).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
BTW, those messages are automated. You think anyone at cryptic could be bothered to write something so well put together? You'll notice the date in the title is correct (not the first time).
Actually, the date in title is wrong, as the maintenance will be done on the 6th, not the 5th
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
snipped for sanity...

They are mostly automated but not completely. And I'm sorry if you believe that the fact they put the wrong day is the sign that they are incompetent. They are human too and do make mistakes (GOD FORBID right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Actually, the date in title is wrong, as the maintenance will be done on the 6th, not the 5th
This has been stated now i think once every downtime thread -

The system automatically puts the current date in the title when they start the post in their system. They don't use the new thread system in vb it's some other thing (most likely so it posts in the launcher too). However, the main post is also wrong as it says wednesday may 6th. Not thursday may 6th which is what our little friend above was going on about.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Calm Down Everyone! We can just assume they are giving us 1 year's notice on the scheduled maintenance for May 6th, 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeismine View Post
Calm Down Everyone! We can just assume they are giving us 1 year's notice on the scheduled maintenance for May 6th, 2011.
hrm...no because the 6th lands on a friday not a wednesday :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
hrm...no because the 6th lands on a friday not a wednesday :p
Yeah I looked it up after I made the comment... Let that be a lesson to you all...
Closed Thread