Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2010, 04:43 AM
I agree with the OP... I think... or at least I agree with the first four lines, which was as far as I got.

I suspect the rest of the unreadable text block also discusses the weird fact that in explore missions and deep space encounters the enemy can be right on top of you when you zone in... But please, paragraphs would actually make your entire post readable.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
We tried to warn people this would happen but the crowd that wanted the Death Penalty and difficulty slider shouted us down and called us names. Well, you got what you wanted, now it's time to live with the consequenses.

I offer the same advice we were given by the Pro-DP crowd. Learn to play smarter and you won't die as much.
Not a germane issue really. And in any case the DP is as punishing as being polished with a damp tribble so I cannot see that really matters.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
We tried to warn people this would happen but the crowd that wanted the Death Penalty and difficulty slider shouted us down and called us names. Well, you got what you wanted, now it's time to live with the consequenses.

I offer the same advice we were given by the Pro-DP crowd. Learn to play smarter and you won't die as much.
This has nothing to do with the DP. It happens on all dificulty levels, and is simply annoying. You can not be 'smarter' than a massive mob that fires at you before you even get the chance to do *anything* because the moment they start firing, you get a text popup.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-06-2010, 06:35 AM
And yet people have only really started complaining about it after the DP and difficulty slider came into effect. Funny how it worked out that way.

Oh and just for clarification, When I use the word "you" in this thread I mean it in the generic uasage and addressing the forums in general. I'm not singling any one person out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Maybe meanwhile the spawn camping flagships simply got worse? I also can't remember these missions were around some weeks ago. They are very similar to 'kill 5 mobs', but all of them used to start with 'bla local alien asks for help' - the Tellarite tells you to kill them - you move to the first mob. These are still around, the one with the issue is kill *6* mobs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtiger View Post
I have yet to see a thread on this topic, so i thought i would start it since this really bugs me. The spawn points for enemy encounters, and certain exploration missions of the same nature as the enemy encounters need to be change, especially with the new difficulty sliders. Its not right to zone in to an exploratation map, to be blow appart the sec you're loaded into the zone, this happens quite alot in the b'tan exploration missions and almost every time you zone in to most enemy encounters, At least in my experance. We should be able to zone in and have a chance to get prepare before dealling with these kind of fight. Also respawn point should not be right in the mist of a fight, Had this problem today while doing some b'tran explorations with some of my fleet mates, we zone into a group of borg, and were wiped out, and we all kept trying to respawn it would put us right back in the middle of that group of borg, instead of being to the side so we had a chance to regroup after the defeat. it was just a loop of die respawn die, respawn, until one of use figure out how to get away from the borg group. It was like being the the tng episode cause and effect. Sure dev if you read this can we please get the spawn points relocated.
I am only going to point out that in the case of the B'tran exploration missions with a group, if you are not the first one to enter and someone else zips through the intital message windows that this will happen. Whoever is doing that is at fault. The point is suppose to be that you are being ambushed at the start of the encounter. However, the mechanic allows you to determine or trigger the ambush by going through the dialog messages. What everyone on your team needs to do is to WAIT until you are all in the instance and then trigger the ambush by closing that last dialog.

There actually are no B'tran exploration missions that actually has NPC's attacking you wihout some triggering the attack.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
It dpesn't matter if he had the confirmation window or not, his point is still valid in that on those maps, if you die, you spawn in the middle of the mobs (on the first group that is). Before the difficulty slider it wasn't asbig an issue as not as many people died on those spawns, now that they are it has brought this respawn issue to peoples attentions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Spawn areas being infested with NPC mobs has been complained about since official launch, as has the 'fired upon during popup' problem. Long before DP / injury system was implemented, I queried both problems as did others. See my post here for date evidence BTW.

For the most part it has nothing to do with how good a player you are! Even the best of us stands little chance against maybe three to five higher power mobs sitting on a spawn point and blasting us as soon as we arrive.

One solution or partial solution may be to have four or five well spaced out spawn points that are randomly chosen as your spawn point - though may not be good for teams as they could get split up!

This could also work against PVP spawn camping too - though I have not done much PVP lately so do not know how bad a n issue spawn camping is there!

No one likes the whole die, respawn, die, respawn cycle that can happen no matter what difficulty level you play at.

EDIT: The problems can occur solo or in team.

As metioned, the problem has been complained about. Unsure as to any action taken in regards to the problems by devs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Perhaps you should send out a request for help?

I know this goes against the "rugged Starship Captain" image, but a a message like "This is the USS Insert Name. We are unter attack. Request assistance from any Star Fleet vessels in the Name Sector. Please respond." You would probably get 5 to 10 ships in short order armed and ready to go in with you.

Maybe that's how this is supposed to work?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2010, 11:15 AM
You have 1 - 2 seconds before you explode. No time for distress calls. And bringing in more players only makes it worse in exploration.