Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Thats something I actually hate and do not understand.

After starting a PvP game we usually Group, i'm starting to invite at once usually. (By the way there are Idiots who do not accept Team invites, wich is a bad thing for PvP)

So we fight together.... and even before we can leave the map, almost the complete Group leaves, just to give me MORE work, because i usually have to invite the EXACT SAME PLAYERS in the next game again.

I can understand that if you want to do another PvP game, make exploration or do anything diffrent, but usually, if you are in a group, the will do the exact same game again and you will meet the same players anyway. So why leaving?

Its also a disadvantage, because if you enter as group the chance to be outnumbered is much smaller! Also you get a feeling wich player can do what and wich player has wich weakness, it improves the the Skill of the Group, even if you just make 3 games for the daily.

There is no logical reason for that. So please, if you are in a group and want to do the same PvP game again, get used on staying in the group.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 03:18 AM
simple math's...

if there is just 1 in the queue in front of you, your 5 team will miss a slot.

So, if I solo queue up on 3 queues, I do have a lower "wait time" for the next game to pop up, then to jump
1 spot (or maybe more), because off already queue player in a group.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
simple math's...

So, if I solo queue up on 3 queues, I do have a lower "wait time" for the next game to pop up, then to jump
Exactly.

In addition, I want to be outnumbered when PUGing...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Because some people don't play to win.

Queuing in a pre-made team often gives a higher chance of winning a match than queuing solo. However, some people don't care about winning or losing a match, and so they solo queue to get into a match more quickly.

Others, like myself, find winning to be fun. So, we team up with friends and fleet mates before queuing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiGraus View Post
simple math's...

No. Klingons did behave that way before season 1, and there were games available ALWAYS at once.
And I'm sure if there is a querie with 3 players and a 5 man team enters the querie, the team gets a game sooner. Anything else, beside ripping the team appart automaticly wouldnt work, since that game would never start althogh 8 people are in the querie and 5 are needet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
No. Klingons did behave that way before season 1, and there were games available ALWAYS at once.
Before Season 1, there was no FvF. Before 1.1, you could join games half way through. It made perfect sense, especially if you were levelling, to queue solo, since you got instant games if you did so.

Quote:
And I'm sure if there is a querie with 3 players and a 5 man team enters the querie, the team gets a game sooner. Anything else, beside ripping the team appart automaticly wouldnt work, since that game would never start althogh 8 people are in the querie and 5 are needet.
Ever seen a queue with 5 Klinks and 8 Feds, but the game takes forever to begin?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Before Season 1, there was no FvF. Before 1.1, you could join games half way through. It made perfect sense, especially if you were levelling, to queue solo, since you got instant games if you did so.
You got instant games as team, too. And also after season 1, IF i have a team and querie I never had to wait longer then without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Ever seen a queue with 5 Klinks and 8 Feds, but the game takes forever to begin?
Thats why i thing teams get priviliged before solo players in the queries.
I also saw a lot of times when I queried alone as the third or even second, that suddelny the number of Klingons raised by 5 (obviously a team joined the querie), and then the numbers on both teams decreased rapidly (wich obviously means a game startet) and didnt get an invite.

So im kind of sure you even have a chance to get the games FASTER as team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 04:03 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean the game started -- it could be that they also queued for another PvP, and got into that.

Really though this is all speculation. Ultimately I'd just rather join a game by myself, because I'm British and I am uncomfortable with overly personal "team" games :p Honestly, I think you could do a Curb Your Enthusiasm (or Seinfeld) skit based on the uncomfortableness a Brit experiences when playing in a PUG that decided to rejoin together.

FWIW, I'm usually the one sending out team invites every game to the same people.......
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 04:28 AM
You want us to stay? Say so.
If I remember to, as soon as the match ends, everyone should disband. In normal situations, that is.
It never occured to me that someone may want me to stay.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 04:52 AM
The main reason for me is that I'm still struggling with just keeping my BoP lined up with the right target in my firing arc. I wouldn't wish myself on any group for more than absolutely necessary. Also, my graphics card can't handle Solar Wind, I won't do ground matches, and sometimes I'm more inclined to want to play arena over cap and hold (or the other way around). At any rate, I'd rather my "skill" or personal preference not impact too many others while queuing up so unless asked I'm less likely to hang out.