Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Blackjack actually left the match the other day when he was asked not to leave the group after the match LOL. After having to reinvite him 4 times LOL. It's Probably the same reason people refuse to join fleets I guess LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
It doesn't necessarily mean the game started -- it could be that they also queued for another PvP, and got into that.
If the same number on both sides disapear i'm pretty sure that means EXACTLY that a game starts. Espacially when this almost every time happens when the number increases by 5 at one side before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
You want us to stay? Say so.
If I remember to, as soon as the match ends, everyone should disband. In normal situations, that is.
It never occured to me that someone may want me to stay.
I sometimes do that, but since in the most cases the others ignore that and leave anyway i gave up to do that regulary. Sometimes I have luck and people stay, and qiete yesterday it actually happened that the payers even startet to comunicate. Hilarious isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
The main reason for me is that I'm still struggling with just keeping my BoP lined up with the right target in my firing arc. I wouldn't wish myself on any group for more than absolutely necessary.
Thats a sad attitude for a playing a game that reqieres teamwork...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Also, my graphics card can't handle Solar Wind, I won't do ground matches, and sometimes I'm more inclined to want to play arena over cap and hold (or the other way around). At any rate, I'd rather my "skill" or personal preference not impact too many others while queuing up so unless asked I'm less likely to hang out.
A lot of people dont like ground, including myself. And some people have lag issues on solar wind.
Thats why I said in the OP that a group should at last stay together if it wants to make THE SAME map again, or... try that wonderfull thing we are doing now: Comunicating.

I personaly have not that much luck with my fleet; i did build one and there were a couple of palyers; most were either higher or lower ranked so in couldnt group with then.
Now, most got bored with Klingon play and left or are leveling very very slow, so I dont have people to group with regulary.

I simetimes found groups just by staying in Group and for me the game was much more fun then.
Even now, im BG for a while, and I ususally just make my daily. The energy credits and BO skillpoints do not really motivate for pvp. But when I found groups who stood together and even comunicatet, it was ALWAYS MUCH more fun, and with those groups im doing much more PVP although i dont have a daily, last weekend I was with a pvp group until 4 in the morning, although i did just log in an 8 to qickly do the daily.
THAT was the kind of fun i'm paying for. Even if i like doing some pve alone now and then, I bought this MMO to play WITH OTHERS.

Somewhere in somone wrote a thread wich compared STO with a public restroom, and there he exactly expressed what i'm always feeling when people enter and leave teams without a word. Nobody even says "Thanks for the team" or stuff like that any more (including me, because i dont like talking to walls.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Thats something I actually hate and do not understand.

After starting a PvP game we usually Group, i'm starting to invite at once usually. (By the way there are Idiots who do not accept Team invites, wich is a bad thing for PvP)

So we fight together.... and even before we can leave the map, almost the complete Group leaves, just to give me MORE work, because i usually have to invite the EXACT SAME PLAYERS in the next game again.

I can understand that if you want to do another PvP game, make exploration or do anything diffrent, but usually, if you are in a group, the will do the exact same game again and you will meet the same players anyway. So why leaving?

Its also a disadvantage, because if you enter as group the chance to be outnumbered is much smaller! Also you get a feeling wich player can do what and wich player has wich weakness, it improves the the Skill of the Group, even if you just make 3 games for the daily.

There is no logical reason for that. So please, if you are in a group and want to do the same PvP game again, get used on staying in the group.
because there is no point to pvp except for 1)daily or 2) fun. If it's 2)fun and somethings interfers with it, bailing is the only option. if the players are known fools, the balance screwed or whatever, if it is not fun, why6 stay? the rewards are 100% USELESS otherwise. there is no real motivation to stay if it is not fun, that is why the crappy STO managers stopped people from leaving matches haha....BTW Lord of the Rings online has been great, resubbed and stopped playing sto until i see the worst crap fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
because there is no point to pvp except for 1)daily or 2) fun. If it's 2)fun and somethings interfers with it, bailing is the only option. if the players are known fools, the balance screwed or whatever, if it is not fun, why6 stay? the rewards are 100% USELESS otherwise. there is no real motivation to stay if it is not fun, that is why the crappy STO managers stopped people from leaving matches haha....BTW Lord of the Rings online has been great, resubbed and stopped playing sto until i see the worst crap fixed.
I actually listet a couple of reason why it is better to stay beside fun.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Errors and mishaps aside... if you queue up as a 5-person group, and there is enough Feds on the opposite end for a game-- so long as there's 4 or less people queue'd up infront of you-- Your team will get the next match. The game will never break your group.

Example; there's 2 Klings and 5 Feds in queue, and my group of 5 Klings queue's up. The game is not going to wait for 3 more random people to queue up before starting the next match. My team will have precedence because it allows a 5v5 immediately.

Staying grouped is the quickest way to get into the next match.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
So we fight together.... and even before we can leave the map, almost the complete Group leaves, just to give me MORE work, because i usually have to invite the EXACT SAME PLAYERS in the next game again.

I can understand that if you want to do another PvP game, make exploration or do anything diffrent, but usually, if you are in a group, the will do the exact same game again and you will meet the same players anyway. So why leaving?
Because I'm flaky and don't want to commit to even another match. I mean, if someone else is team queing, it might be another 10 minute cracked planetoid, or it might be a #@%! hour long capture and hold. I like capture and hold, don't get me wrong, but I might not have a frigg'n hour to spare at the moment.

Also, several times, I've quit the team because I didn't want to play another match, and right after I leave the queue pops because the team leader had already queued it, and I figure the team will be down by 1 and I might as well not-screw them and join the match instead of looking at the exchange/messing with the ship customize/whatever it was I was planning to do. ^_^

But yeah, if I join a team and no one even asks me if I want to queue up for the next match, I'm pretty much gonna assume it's not gonna hurt their feelings if I leave.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
Because I'm flaky and don't want to commit to even another match. I mean, if someone else is team queing, it might be another 10 minute cracked planetoid, or it might be a #@%! hour long capture and hold. I like capture and hold, don't get me wrong, but I might not have a frigg'n hour to spare at the moment.

Also, several times, I've quit the team because I didn't want to play another match, and right after I leave the queue pops because the team leader had already queued it, and I figure the team will be down by 1 and I might as well not-screw them and join the match instead of looking at the exchange/messing with the ship customize/whatever it was I was planning to do. ^_^

But yeah, if I join a team and no one even asks me if I want to queue up for the next match, I'm pretty much gonna assume it's not gonna hurt their feelings if I leave.
I you dont want to play again you SHOULD leave. But the people querie the same games again and do leave anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
Errors and mishaps aside... if you queue up as a 5-person group, and there is enough Feds on the opposite end for a game-- so long as there's 4 or less people queue'd up infront of you-- Your team will get the next match. The game will never break your group.

Example; there's 2 Klings and 5 Feds in queue, and my group of 5 Klings queue's up. The game is not going to wait for 3 more random people to queue up before starting the next match. My team will have precedence because it allows a 5v5 immediately.

Staying grouped is the quickest way to get into the next match.
Exactly, thats what i was trying to say before.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Because some people don't play to win.

Queuing in a pre-made team often gives a higher chance of winning a match than queuing solo. However, some people don't care about winning or losing a match, and so they solo queue to get into a match more quickly.

Others, like myself, find winning to be fun. So, we team up with friends and fleet mates before queuing.
Exactly. Only reason I bother with PvP is to get my dailies done. Means I don't stress myself to win in any PvP match because I find them to be boring. But if I want them nice purplies I need badges and to get those badges you need to do the PvP missions... see where I'm going?

If you're taking PvP seriously then you're probably better off by grouping with members of your Fleet or friends you've picked up here and there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Seriously? I can't believe European Klingons are saying this. Do you play the same times as me? Because the only time I seem to have a problem winning in PvP is when we're very outnumbered. In my experience, Klingons win 95% of games, seemingly without even trying. Are you really struggling to beat Feds without forming a group?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Seriously? I can't believe European Klingons are saying this. Do you play the same times as me? Because the only time I seem to have a problem winning in PvP is when we're very outnumbered. In my experience, Klingons win 95% of games, seemingly without even trying. Are you really struggling to beat Feds without forming a group?
Seriously? Are you uncapable of reading? Or understanding? Where did I talk about "strugling"?

And by the way, im not in there for the 95% of easy winns. I'm there for the 5% who give me a fight, and with people like you in the group, of course we loose that.

A game won with 1200 influence left isnt a good game.
A game won with 13 influence left (thats the record now^^) IS a good game.

You obviously didnt run into a fed PvP-Fleet wich knows what to do yet, because they are out there and that "Random Basic teamwork" of Klingons may be better then the "non-existant" Teamwork of fed Randoms, but its by far not enough for a good fed Group. But thats not even the topic.

The topic is that the few of us who invite have a lot of more work then the leechers among you who let us do that again and again.

I just decidet: I wont do it anymore. From now on I'll enter the game and wait for invites. If I dont get one I'll stay cloaked and let you do the game and wont move a finger.