Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Klingon Advancement Commentary
05-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Hello, I believe that a lot of us have noticed something, regardless of what faction we play for: That there are little to no players aligned with the Klingon Empire, compared to those aligned with the Galactic Federation. I believe the reason for this is thus: That instead of creating a fully functioning secondary faction, that cryptic has created a faction that is an accessory to the main game. I've also seen this result in sparse "Other" faction player presence in games like Lord of the Rings Online. Therefore, I request that the Klingon faction be fleshed out, starting with giving them no level advantages, and allowing them to be created as soon as you enter the game, perhaps with some information upon what makes them different.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I compliment you on your post's polite tone. Many of the hundreds of other post/threads asking for the same thing have not been so polite.
But, from the beginning Cryptic stated the Klingons were put in as a "compliment to the Federation".
Thus, Klingons have been regarded as less important and will probably always be that way, meaning to really enjoy the "World of Star Trek" as promised by Cryptic means you must play as a Fed.

I am reminded of the conversation over dinner in ST VI:Undiscovered Country.
Chekov: We believe all species have certain inalienable human rights...
Chancellor's daughter : Inalienable human rights...Even the very name is racist.
Chancellor: Well...I see we have a long way to go...

It'll been a long uphill battle for the Klingons for content to be equal to the Feds, we may never get it.
But, we will not stop fighting for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
It'll been a long uphill battle for the Klingons for content to be equal to the Feds, we may never get it.
But, we will not stop fighting for it.
That's pretty much it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Cryptic insults Klingon players every time it gives the Federation additional content without matching Klingon content. They appear to have no regard for Klingon players whatsoever, only providing table scraps and the occasional bone.

Just to name a few of the latest, where are the Klingon -

- Mirrior Universe uniforms?
- off-duty clothes?
- C-store playable species?
- Galaxy X equivalent?

When Cryptic decides to create new things for the federation do they even consider giving the Klingons access? Is anyone at those meetings asking "But what about the Klingons?"

Since release the Federation faction has consistently receive 3 to 5 TIMES the additional content that Klingons received. This is dispite the fact that Klingons were released as a bare bones faction.

What is cryptic's "vision" for Klingons? The silence coming from Cryptic is very telling - they have none.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I think this fight for more content should extend to future factions as well, am not going to level my Klingon entell season 2 and see what that brings. They need to make the Klingons a viable faction and hopefuly when the Romulans do come out, the devs will learned that limiting other factions to monster-play will hurt this game more then anything else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I compliment you on your post's polite tone. Many of the hundreds of other post/threads asking for the same thing have not been so polite.
But, from the beginning Cryptic stated the Klingons were put in as a "compliment to the Federation".
Thus, Klingons have been regarded as less important and will probably always be that way, meaning to really enjoy the "World of Star Trek" as promised by Cryptic means you must play as a Fed.

I am reminded of the conversation over dinner in ST VI:Undiscovered Country.
Chekov: We believe all species have certain inalienable human rights...
Chancellor's daughter : Inalienable human rights...Even the very name is racist.
Chancellor: Well...I see we have a long way to go...

It'll been a long uphill battle for the Klingons for content to be equal to the Feds, we may never get it.
But, we will not stop fighting for it.

Cryptic originally said they'd make the Federation and Klingon Empire have full PvE and PvP.
Jump to 1:50 for the question asking "What factions are in at launch?" and Emmert does his thing.

The video was uploaded Aug 2008. Somewhere between then and the game going live, Cryptic then came out and said, "F**k it" to the Klingons and gave up.

The Klingons will never, ever be of comparable level of content, customizations, or just plain things to do compared to the Feds. Because the devs gave up on it.

And they have the gall on looking into what faction the playerbase would like to see next.

Ha... as if they are really going to finish making the Klingons making a full experience, just like the Feds.

It will be funny to hear about how the later factions get implemented. How they'd be implemented in the same, half-a**ed, sorry state they did with the Klingons when the game went live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post

Cryptic originally said they'd make the Federation and Klingon Empire have full PvE and PvP.
Jump to 1:50 for the question asking "What factions are in at launch?" and Emmert does his thing.

The video was uploaded Aug 2008. Somewhere between then and the game going live, Cryptic then came out and said, "F**k it" to the Klingons and gave up.

The Klingons will never, ever be of comparable level of content, customizations, or just plain things to do compared to the Feds. Because the devs gave up on it.

And they have the gall on looking into what faction the playerbase would like to see next.

Ha... as if they are really going to finish making the Klingons making a full experience, just like the Feds.

It will be funny to hear about how the later factions get implemented. How they'd be implemented in the same, half-a**ed, sorry state they did with the Klingons when the game went live.
It really is in Cryptic's best interest to get the Klingon's up and functioning (for faction PvP and subscription numbers if nothing else), and they may be starting to see that what with the Klingon love coming in Season 2. Let's just hope that is the foundation of a solid update schedule to bring Klingons up to date.

If I see Romulans actually enter the game scene before Klingons are at least fleshed out enough to PvE properly with I'll be one disappointed cookie.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 season two is no klingon fix
05-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
It really is in Cryptic's best interest to get the Klingon's up and functioning (for faction PvP and subscription numbers if nothing else), and they may be starting to see that what with the Klingon love coming in Season 2. Let's just hope that is the foundation of a solid update schedule to bring Klingons up to date.

If I see Romulans actually enter the game scene before Klingons are at least fleshed out enough to PvE properly with I'll be one disappointed cookie.
For more information about Engineering Reports, see the "What are Engineering Reports?" thread at the top of the Forum.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Greetings!

The team is very excited that Season 1.1 is live and want to thank everyone who continues to take the time to check out changes on Tribble for themselves and post comments and feedback. Aftter the last release, we realized that there were some bugs and changes that you had commented on that went live without changes. We are working to improve the release process and to keep features on Tribble longer to work out kinks and react to your feedback and comments.

This is one reason why STF: Undine Terradome and Memory Alpha are still on Tribble and have not gone live yet. We have just made another round of changes for this weekend for you to check out and will hopefully get these features worked out so that they can go to Holodeck next week.

You've also heard that some of our long time team members (like Gozer) are moving off to pursue other opportunities and we wish them all the best. While turn-over is common once titles ship, their impact on the game will be missed. There are a few items on the schedule that are shifting due to the transfer or loss of a few team members which is allowing us to bring several new team members up to speed on their work in progress. The STF Into the Hive (which is being rescoped to work with the upcoming new level cap) and the Caitians are the two things most impacted and have shifted as necessary.

The new items appearing on the list are related to our desire to work on the concept of "weekly episodes". We agree that the game could always use more mission content and instead of having to wait until Season 2 launches - we are considering releasing the episodes in this new Hub as a Series where there would be a new episode every week until the Series completed. Its an interesting and fun concept and we're going to go for it. If it turns out to be a hit, then you can be assured we'll continue this concept moving forward.

Thanks to all the great feature ideas and bug reports that get posted in these threads. We have several team members combing through these replies (other than just myself) looking for hot topics and feedback. The concept of adding injury removal mini-games to your ship interior was a single example of player ideas in this thread turning into reality. So keep it coming!

Now on to the latest report!

In Testing
•STF – “Undine: Terra Dome”
•Fed Cruiser Tier 5 – Emissary Variant “Nomad”
•Memory Alpha Progression Update
•DPS/Global Cooldown/EPS revamp
•Accolade System (Perks and Unlocks)
•Weapons Locking up in space (Beam Overload)
•Displaying player class in more UI locations
•Away team issue with forcefield during Hunting the Hunters episode
•Veteran Rewards
•Galaxy X Referral Reward
•Warp to Buddy Fixes

Under Investigation
•Dual Pistol Bolt Spray
•Bulk Healing
•Older Science Consoles
•Chat and other UI usability improvements
•PVP Match and Balance Bugs
•Ability to set a private instance for Fleet Actions (so Fleets can do Fleet Actions)
•Metreon Gas and Other Destructibles having too many HP
•Chase Masterson as Leeta
•Fleet Action Level Banding
•Daily Mission Scoping

In Development
Season 1.2 Update - May
•Global Help Chat Channel (1.2)
•Fleet Mail Improvements (1.2)
•Fed Playable Species: "Rigelian" (1.2)
•Squad System (Sidekicking) (1.2)
•Episode Replay (1.2)
•Fed Bridge Pack “Prometheus” (1.2)
•Fed Science Tier 4 – Luna Variant “Comet” (1.2)
•Playable Fed Species: "Caitian" (1.2 or 1.3)
•Social System Improvements (1.2 or 1.3)

Season 1.3 Update - June
•Weekly Episodes - Series 1 (1.3 or 2.0)
•Bridge Officer Trading (1.3)
•Random Bridge Officer Requisition (1.3)
•Sitting in Chairs tech (1.3)
•Klingon Bridge Pack “Raptor” (1.3)
•New Emotes (1.3)
•Dabo MiniGame (1.3)

Season 2.0 - July
•STF – “Into the Hive”
•Random BOFF Stores
•Curved Federation Ship Hallways
•Smaller Federation Hallways (non-combat versions)
•Player Ship Interiors
•New Skillpoint Level Cap
•Klingon Episodes
•High End Episode Sector
•Multi-Faction Episode Sector
•Federation Diplomatic Corps
•New Enemy Ship Designs
•New Enemy Group to the Klingon Faction
•New Global Enemy Group for Series 1
•Wildlife Creatures
•New Off-Duty Costumes Types
•Klingon Costume Customization Updates
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
*snipped for space.*
going by the title of your post (since for some reason you felt like copying the entire engineering report for may 7), I didn't say it was a fix, I said there was "some" klingon love. I also said I hoped that it was the foundation for an update schedule to start bringing Klingons up to date. kthanx.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Gotta love that the first mention of anything Klingon falls in June and it's minimal . Then you get content in July . Anyone want to speculate how much content ? I'll bet they 'll add Fed content as well. So the teams will be splitting time between Fed an Klingon content.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.