Lt. Commander
# 1 Honestly, I'm p'd off.
05-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I haven't played for a while just because of the lack of endgame. I don't want to complain about that though (though probably will lol). I'm complaining about the ENDLESS freakin' rewards that go out which I have absolutely no chance of getting.

Galaxy-X? I WANT ONE! Oh wait, I have to recruit 5 people... not happening...
Oh those other rewards look nice! Wait... lifetimers only? Us Year subs don't get anything special?
Oh look I'd love that! I have to spend Cryptic Points?

The problem here is that nearly EVERYTHING I see that I want CANNOT be obtained for free through an update (via in-game work or currency or something). Instead nearly EVERYTHING I want is obtained through some stupid reward. I literally see more stuff I'm interested in going places I can't go then going in the open game.

A while back I was unsure about rewards and microtransactions. I thought if they were only bling I might not care. Well, really I care. Bling is my FAVORITE thing in MMO. I'm the guy who would spend forever in WoW getting an Orb of Deception over the end game gear.

Give me alternative ways to earn this stuff. I do believe the vast majority of rewards should be offered through multiple means. Give me another way to earn a Galaxy-X! I'm pretty angry at this game...

And even the bling isn't so much bling. Galaxy-X gets it's own stats and a special weapon. That's more than bling. Pure Bling is stuff like vanity pets or a special crappy uniform or a title or whatever. Not a whole end-game ship with a unique ability and stuff!

Bleh... I want to return. But every time I see more news I just get more angry at the state of this game. I couldn't even refer anyone without feeling a sense of guilt because they might experience what I am.

The endless rewards are stupid. The microtransactions are stupid because it seems we'll never get neat stuff like that unlocked FOR FREE. I thought they put every other thing in the story and every other one in an update but everything seems to be going into rewards and stuff.

Oh yeah. And there's still barely any endgame. ;P

I like this game a lot until I reach the end at which point there's little to do and all the neat items and stuff go places I can't follow. Really it's gameplay is good and unique. I'd like to see the updates do more and more "reward" fun-type items go to EVERYONE given the right about of in-game play (why don't bosses drop fun items like Orb or Deception?).

FUN-ITEMS are my FAV! Stop not letting me have them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Do some tribble breeding, it's great fun...

And Dabo soon too!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
this cant be about the galaxy x is it...ohh yeah it is

Hey you know what, when i get myn ill give yah a ride to earth dock itll be swell
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I'd rather breed Pokemon for good IVs (which I hate). Ditto is such a pimp.

Also Voltorb Flip the mini-game in Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver is stupidly addictive. I doubt Dabo will compare.

Yes. I'm comparing STO to Pokemon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Exclusive Rewards are being Exclusive.

While I get your resentment (There's this one 2010 GT-R in town I keep asking for the keys to, but the dude who owns it just calls the cops on me), I'm not sure why you don't see the non-exclusive things as desirable? Is it the exclusivity?

I will say however that anything on the C-Store really needs to be added in the game as achievable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I'd rather breed Pokemon for good IVs (which I hate). Ditto is such a pimp.

Also Voltorb Flip the mini-game in Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver is stupidly addictive. I doubt Dabo will compare.

Yes. I'm comparing STO to Pokemon.
I choose you! Go, Nine-Tails Enterprise of Doomly Gloom!

Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Exclusive Rewards are being Exclusive.

While I get your resentment (There's this one 2010 GT-R in town I keep asking for the keys to, but the dude who owns it just calls the cops on me), I'm not sure why you don't see the non-exclusive things as desirable? Is it the exclusivity?

I will say however that anything on the C-Store really needs to be added in the game as achievable.
Ummm are you talken about my 2010 GT-R cause ive been hearing some snotty nose brat keeps asking about my elitest car...how dare you...your just a scummy boy..keep away :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
If you really wanted those things you'd work for them.
You're just lazy. Cryptic doesn't owe you anything for your sub money.

Not what I'd say, but a vocal minority of elitists will tell you exactly that.
Just like the equally vocal equally minority sloth/greedy will explain that there should never be an appropriate reward for effort/faith/dedication?

Yeah, pot, this is kettle. Its about that whole color thing...

Face it, we're both extreme wingers. And to be honest, I've taken my extreme position specifically because of the likes of you. Kinda like batman/joker - you made me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I guess you didn't notice the veterans rewards:

http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards

Stop begging for things you don't deserve and learn how to earn or purchase the rewards you want.
Closed Thread