Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Just like the equally vocal equally minority sloth/greedy will explain that there should never be an appropriate reward for effort/faith/dedication?

Yeah, pot, this is kettle. Its about that whole color thing...
I'm sick of your side's strawman arguments, I'm not even going to bother repeating myself because you'll just ignore reality and substitute your own.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
I choose you! Go, Nine-Tails Enterprise of Doomly Gloom!

So are you using a Ninetails or a Gloom? Make up your mind!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
Do some tribble breeding, it's great fun...

And Dabo soon too!
Dabo must have Dabo girls... it's CANON!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
So are you using a Ninetails or a Gloom? Make up your mind!
I thought it'd be an unholy trinity of a cross between a Federation ship, Ninetails AND Gloom!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Honestly, I don't see the appeal. It's not a very good ship design. It's clearly just a studio model with an extra nacelle glued on by the FX guy, in order to save cash. The new "power" is going to cost a weapon slot.

Just give me a regular tier 5 Galaxy some day soon, and I'll be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Rewards are going a bit too far.

Tiles - Great! Give them out like candy.

Non-combat Pets - Awesome! Sure, I'd like them but don't let that stop you! Give them out!

Uniforms - Just don't push it. The vast majority of uniforms should be free! I'm okay with this.

Functionality items - Really it matters if they're end-game viable. Even then most people don't really care because items remain basically invisible compared to very visible stuff like ships. Just don't make them too good and as an alternate to end-game items.

Ships - It matters how viable they are. The original Connie doesn't cause much issue because it's a tier 1 ship. You'll spend a few hours in it then move on. The Galaxy-X is a tier 5 ship which you can use FOREVER and it even has it's own functional awesome unique WEAPON.
The Galaxy-X pushes too far. The Connie was neat but never crossed the line (my line lol).

Extra stats, experience - This is fine if it's small. Like rewarding with 5% damage if teamed with someone you referred. That's fine (with the day limit). A small experience buff is fine too however I don't believe it should be so big as to make crazy fast leveling possible. WoW had an experience reward for referrals that went insane, gave huge boosts to experience and made it possible to level up from 1 to max level within a matter of minutes with enough referrals. That was way too far.

Species - Okay this one is iffy. Most people won't give a crap about most species released thus far. However please stop AWESOME species from being exclusive like the Hologram. Lets us all get a Hologram.... Please don't do the same with Androids or other AWESOME species.

Also for every certain portion of "Fun-items" (all that I listed) you should release some "Fun-items" on the open server that everyone has a chance to get (from a boss, as a mission reward, random drop, whatever).
Every reward should have a viable alternative way to getting it available to everyone without spending real life cash or referring someone or something crazy like that.

I'm not totally against the Cryptic Store either. I still have over 1000 points I got for free I'm waiting to spend on something really good. Just keep the things cheap and don't put EVERYTHING in there. Maybe give us a free race once in a while or free ship parts, etc. It seems like everything is going into that store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't hold any particular love for the C-Store. I feel you there; I'm not a fan of microtransactions and have never liked these kinds of things. A lot of these items should be included in the subscription fee... paying for things like Bridge packs or extra emotes-- I could never justify.

Little perks is nothing to get worked up over. But I also agree some of these things that are unobtainable... like pre-order bonuses... should eventually be added, possibly as Veteran rewards or (*shudder*) C-store items, or even mission rewards. Like the Original Series Constitution.

The Galaxy-X is a different matter because it's completely obtainable. It's not something like a pre-order bonus or promotion that's done and gone. All you have to do is recruit some friends to play the game with you. Heck, you may have some fun with them! Make a new character and play on a harder difficulty with them, group up, and eventually tackle the STFs or do PVP together.

I'd rather recruit some friends to play STO with me, and get some rewards on the side, than buy a mess of C-Store points. A lot of people here complaining about the Galaxy-X and how this RAF promotion is a "marketing ploy" and a "money grab", yet they want this item included in the C-Store... is something I don't understand.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
i wants it my precious but no the trixy cryptic takes it from me makes me guide them to mount doom err i mean enslave five hobbbitsus but i wants it my preciooosus kahhhh
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I thought you were already gone...

I need a new avatar...

Something fitting...

I trust you...
Closed Thread