Lt. Commander
# 21
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
It seems like most of your argument is just the standard "I hate the idea of MTs" arguement I have been reading on a dozen different MMO forums for several years now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
To the OP:

1. Agreed that lack of endgame content needs to be fixed, whether by missions, more fleet activities, an exploration system that isn't just copy-pasta, etc. There's no way someone should be paying $15 dollars a month for nothing. A lot of people are hanging on right now waiting for content, but eventually everyone will cancel their subs if they have nothing to do. An STF every two weeks isn't going to cut it.

2. Agreed that everything in the C-store should be available in-game with enough effort. Being triple-dipped by Cryptic (just the thought that they are putting development time into micro transactions when they need to be hammering out content) plus having nothing to do is sure to peeve a lot of people off. If people could grind c-store items, then at least it gives them something to do for that $15/month.

3. Disagree that the galaxy-x should be available to everyone. If it was, then almost every cruiser captain might fly the galaxy-x. Diversity is nice, especially in PvP. Just hopefully they make it balanced, and weigh it's advantages with equal disadvantages.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I'd rather breed Pokemon for good IVs (which I hate). Ditto is such a pimp.

Also Voltorb Flip the mini-game in Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver is stupidly addictive. I doubt Dabo will compare.

Yes. I'm comparing STO to Pokemon.
Question would would play a Pokemon MMO? if it could connect to your HG SS games.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
I'm sick of your side's strawman arguments, I'm not even going to bother repeating myself because you'll just ignore reality and substitute your own.
Well, at least we agree on the exact same impression of the other person...

Lt. Commander
# 25
05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
I imagine the scene will be very different in game.
i.e. masses of Klingon ships ganking the rich boy in the Galaxy X he bought with 5 subs.
If I'm still around, I'll let them do it too.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
I imagine the scene will be very different in game.
i.e. masses of Klingon ships ganking the rich boy in the Galaxy X he bought with 5 subs.
If I'm still around, I'll let them do it too.
who says iam buying 5 subs...tss called friends my dear

well how they gonna kill me when iam cloaked OHHHHH SNAP
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Rewards are going a bit too far.

I'm not totally against the Cryptic Store either. I still have over 1000 points I got for free I'm waiting to spend on something really good. Just keep the things cheap and don't put EVERYTHING in there. Maybe give us a free race once in a while or free ship parts, etc. It seems like everything is going into that store.
(trimmed for quoting)

These are the two I agree with most! C-Store items are fine...in moderation. A lot of what is being added to the C-Store would be better used for in-game rewards/incentive to play or as new quest rewards.

$15.00/mo > $2.50 in C-Store credits.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Question would would play a Pokemon MMO? if it could connect to your HG SS games.
I don't think you should be able to connect your games to a Pokemon MMO. There would be cheating. I've love a Pokemon MMO though. It would be a WoW killer and the best MMO ever however Nintendo is a bunch of internet-phobe stupids so it'll never happen (see Friend Codes...).

All those free Pokemon MMO fanmade things are crap too. I used to volunteer to sprite for one. I didn't actually play it much at all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Lol... my favorite comment on that clip~

Yo dawg, I herd you like warp, so we put a nacelle on your nacelle so you can warp while you warp

:p
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
Lol... my favorite comment on that clip~

Yo dawg, I herd you like warp, so we put a nacelle on your nacelle so you can warp while you warp

:p
lol :p
Closed Thread