Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Well.. i was thinking to myself with all the Keep the Galaxy not posts I thought it was time for something abit more realistic. Keep it exclusive Cryptic, its a great idea, I love it. All ready have my buddys in on this and there ready to go and try the game out. Im sure there are many many others out there like me that were able to find 5 people they know and get them to try your game. Here here for the exclusive item you have put into the mix, cant wait to fly it around with everyone else who managed to get one.

I hope to see more things like this in the future, that are Exclusive. Love yah Cryptic *hugs and kisses from all your fans* <3

Locutus

*flame shield ON!*
Yes your Five Friends your favorite fingers for late night marathon STO sessions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
Yes your Five Friends your favorite fingers for late night marathon STO sessions.
Thats all you could come up with...pathetic... as like most scratch and win tickets say PLEASE TRY AGAIN
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
05-08-2010, 09:54 PM
American!

Not enough letters
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
05-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It seems you dont understand what an IN GAME poll is, so let me explain it to you: its a poll that you can vote on IN GAME, not on the forums. If you think their the same thing, just look how many people voted on the last poll: 11k. There are supposedly "well over 100k" people who play STO, so just linking to a forum poll on the launcher obviously doesnt catch many folks attention.
Or, maybe the majority of the playerbase is content letting Cryptic run their own business, and doesn't feel the need that some on the forums do to try and run it for them?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Or, maybe the majority of the playerbase is content letting Cryptic run their own business, and doesn't feel the need that some on the forums do to try and run it for them?
Really? All that time and that was your reply? But since thats all you were able to come up with, I'll respond. There is an obvious difference between feeling the need to come on the forums and tell Cryptic what their doing wrong and voting in a poll you are asked by Cryptic to vote in. Be serious
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Really? All that time and that was your reply? But since thats all you were able to come up with, I'll respond. There is an obvious difference between feeling the need to come on the forums and tell Cryptic what their doing wrong and voting in a poll you are asked by Cryptic to vote in. Be serious
Sorry, I was at work, working, not making it a priority to respond to you. I'll see about adjusting my schedule so i can respond to you as fast as you'd like

Cryptic has already asked the entire player base to take a survey, the one they awarded Cryptic points for taking. Obviously not everyone participated. Believe it or not, some people just want to log in, play, and have fun. They don't do the surveys/polls, and have no interest in trying to tell the game designer how to design the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
05-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Sorry, I was at work, working, not making it a priority to respond to you. I'll see about adjusting my schedule so i can respond to you as fast as you'd like
Dont worry, it wasnt the time that it took that I was really commenting on, but the lameness of the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Cryptic has already asked the entire player base to take a survey, the one they awarded Cryptic points for taking. Obviously not everyone participated. Believe it or not, some people just want to log in, play, and have fun. They don't do the surveys/polls, and have no interest in trying to tell the game designer how to design the game.
I'm not even sure if you remember what we're discussing anymore, because you seem to have gone off on some kind of tangent about people not wanting to tell Cryptic how to design the game. But to remind you of what we were actually discussing, you trying to find something wrong with the wording of one of my earlier posts, but failing because you didnt actually understand what I wrote.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
05-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Dont worry, it wasnt the time that it took that I was really commenting on, but the lameness of the argument.



I'm not even sure if you remember what we're discussing anymore, because you seem to have gone off on some kind of tangent about people not wanting to tell Cryptic how to design the game. But to remind you of what we were actually discussing, you trying to find something wrong with the wording of one of my earlier posts, but failing because you didnt actually understand what I wrote.
And you seem to be failing to grasp that the majority of the player base doesn't want their game play interrupted, to tell the dev teams how to do their jobs. If Cryptic puts things in game, it will annoy people. The launcher links are adequate for getting things to the entire player base's attention. So, you claiming that your poll, on a third party site, that is easily spoofable to manipulate results, is valid, simply because Cryptic only does launcher based polls and doesn't actually interfere with their player bases' play time, is... still wrong.


edit: and here's advance warning... it's Mother's Day, I'll be spending the day with the wife and kids, so expect a long delay in reply to anything you're going to post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
And you seem to be failing to grasp that the majority of the player base doesn't want their game play interrupted, to tell the dev teams how to do their jobs.
Exaggerate much? An in game poll wouldnt "interrupt" anyone's gameplay. I never said it should block their screen or keep them from playing until they vote; it could be attached to the drop down menu for that matter. And when the Devs ASK you for your feedback, thats not "telling them how to do their jobs", its letting them know what their customers want so they can design the product to please the most people. Please, for the sake of anyone reading this thread, come up with a better argument in your next reply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
All my friends use macs so so this doesn't work for me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.