Lt. Commander
# 101
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston209 View Post
Good posting.Thanks
You're welcome.

It's been a while, I thought I'd bump this up to the top. There might be some new/returning players here for the Weekly Missions that could use some help with their Power Settings.
Lt. Commander
It seems for the last few days I can't download the power calculator. I hit the link and it goes to a page where nothing downloads. Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-18-2010, 02:38 PM
So your shields perform way beyond the projected norms ( as advertised on the items description) when you run with higher or full power to your shields?
Example if i have 240 regen on my array and commonly run with 30% power to shields they are performing at slightly lower than the projected norm?
And if i goose the power sliders to take roughly 70% of my power this array will be running at more than double effectiveness?
I can really have a regen rate running at or around 500?
Lt. Commander
# 104
09-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedinightblade View Post
It seems for the last few days I can't download the power calculator. I hit the link and it goes to a page where nothing downloads. Any ideas?
Stange. I'm busy for the rest of today, but will look into it tonight/tomorrow and get that fixed. Thanks Jedi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William-Shatner
So your shields perform way beyond the projected norms ( as advertised on the items description) when you run with higher or full power to your shields?
Example if i have 240 regen on my array and commonly run with 30% power to shields they are performing at slightly lower than the projected norm?
And if i goose the power sliders to take roughly 70% of my power this array will be running at more than double effectiveness?
I can really have a regen rate running at or around 500?
That's right. There used to be a UI stat that showed your dynamic regeneration rate, but they took it out for some unknown reason, but the fact remains, the higher your Shield Power is, the faster it regens.

Want to test it? During an easy battle, try to let your shields get really busted. Afterwards, press U, click on your ship, then click on Defense. Scroll down a bit until you see your shield points. Write down the number. At 50 power you'll see that every six seconds each of your shield facings will recover 240 points. Raise your shield power to 100 and you'll get 720 points per tick!
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
wow that means one could effectively ignore a tier 1 ship entirely with a shield set up like this on max defense.
That is sick........I love it. LOL
thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-21-2010, 04:46 AM
[quote=PatricianVetinari]Stange. I'm busy for the rest of today, but will look into it tonight/tomorrow and get that fixed. Thanks Jedi!

Hey I am really interested in trying this tool, but the download still does not appear to function?
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedinightblade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadejtx View Post
Hey I am really interested in trying this tool, but the download still does not appear to function?
Sorry about the delay. It really was a busy weekend. Real Life. Bah! Haha

Anyway, I've fixed the links (I hope). I'm trying something new in the way I've hosted the file.

Please post here let me know if you are able to download the file now.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
It's fixed and I have downloaded it! Thanks a TON; this looks awseome.... I'm at work now and don't know my stats by heart, so this will have to wait 45 minutes.

I KNOW, I KNOW... where's my efficient Saurian to remind me?!
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
First, thanks for the OP and the upkeep Pat...

Just a couple questions:
  1. Do Efficient BO's still stack? Just started an alt and was blessed enough to get an efficient Saurian. My Captain is efficient, and I have the Borg BO...so?
  2. Are you saying the BO trait does not contribute to the commander powers? Once one surpasses the BO trait value with efficient power skills , is the BO value null?

Thanks again, great work!
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadejtx View Post
It's fixed and I have downloaded it! Thanks a TON; this looks awseome.... I'm at work now and don't know my stats by heart, so this will have to wait 45 minutes.

I KNOW, I KNOW... where's my efficient Saurian to remind me?!
Whew! Thanks for letting me know it's working now. And glad you're spending your company's time/money on STO

Yeah, your ES doesn't sound that efficient, now does he? hahaha :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeeyes View Post
First, thanks for the OP and the upkeep Pat...

Just a couple questions:
  1. Do Efficient BO's still stack? Just started an alt and was blessed enough to get an efficient Saurian. My Captain is efficient, and I have the Borg BO...so?
  2. Are you saying the BO trait does not contribute to the commander powers? Once one surpasses the BO trait value with efficient power skills , is the BO value null?

Thanks again, great work!
You're welcome!

Yes, Efficient BOs (whether "Amazon" (C-Store) or Saurian) do stack with Efficient Captain. The skill bonuses provided by BOs and Captain add to whatever Captain skill points you put into the Starship {Subsystem} Efficiency Skills regardless of your rank.

Proof: Go into system space. Press U. Click on your Captain, Status tab, and then the Skill-Based Stats: Space accordian. Scroll down to Engineering Stats. You will see (possibly amongst other skills):

Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency:
Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency:
Starship Engine Efficiency:
Starship Shield Efficiency:

Captain Efficiency Trait adds +10 to all four skills.
Each Efficient BO adds +5 to all four skills.

If your not yet a Commander you can't invest any points in those skills. But even if you spend zero points (either because you are not a Cmdr + or you choose to spend zero), you'll see a skill rating in there if you're an E Captain and/or have E BOs. When you invest Captain skills points you'll see a number based on the level in that skill:

Level 1 = +10
Level 2 = +18
Level 3 = +24
Level 4 = +30
Level 5 = +36
Level 6 = +40
Level 7 = +44
Level 8 = +48
Level 9 = +52

Say you have the first skill (Aux) at level 2, the Energy Weap at 0, Eng at 7, and Shields at 9, you're Efficient and you have 1 E BO. You're skills will show:

Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency: 33
Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency: 15
Starship Engine Efficiency: 59
Starship Shield Efficiency: 67

These skills help various Captain/BO powers, but also increase your Ship's Power Settings when they are set below 75 (the lower the better). Hope that helps explain it.
Closed Thread