Lt. Commander
# 211
04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
My PC does not have excel. Any free downloads for it anywhere? I was able to use your calculator at work though and it rocks.
Excell might not be free but Open Office has a program that can open Excell files and that is free.
Hiya Roach, yes, as Dragarr (thanks!) pointed out you can use Open Office. I just double-checked my OP and it's in there under "Associated Programs" -

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
there is only one response worthy of this thread:

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...http://youtu.be/tZVdR19E5mU
Outstanding!!! :p

Quote:
...I spoke too soon!! Its "read-only"
I'm not sure what you mean about this... The last time I tried OO (granted it was version 3.1.1) it worked fine for the PowerCalc. Can you be more specific in describing the problem you're having?
Lt. Commander
# 212
04-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Running 3.3 and I have no trouble saving excel files, unless you refer to this file being read only in which case just use save-as to make your own personalised copy.
Lt. Commander
# 213
04-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

I'm not sure what you mean about this... The last time I tried OO (granted it was version 3.1.1) it worked fine for the PowerCalc. Can you be more specific in describing the problem you're having?
The version (openoffice) I downloaded only allowed one to view the Calculator, not input data into it.
No biggie, as I may be able to get a copy of excel from work. (if we have a free registerable copy)
Lt. Commander
# 214
05-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Just discovered this little gem of a calculator... And...

"Sokath, his eyes opened!"

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 215
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Just discovered this little gem of a calculator... And...

"Sokath, his eyes opened!"

Thank you!
You're welcome. "Temba, his arms wide/open"
Lt. Commander
# 216
05-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Has the calculator been updated to reflect changes that seem to have occured?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be, dare I say it, a nerf. I am an engineeer with the effcient trait, have the efficient engine, have two effcient BOs, etc. I would then mnimize both Aux and Eng (25 each) and make Weapons and Shield at 75 each. I used to get 105 or so on both my shield and weapons and around 45 or so on both Aux and Engine.

Now I only get 96 on Weapons and Shield so what happened???
Lt. Commander
# 217
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_R
Has the calculator been updated to reflect changes that seem to have occured?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be, dare I say it, a nerf. I am an engineeer with the effcient trait, have the efficient engine, have two effcient BOs, etc. I would then mnimize both Aux and Eng (25 each) and make Weapons and Shield at 75 each. I used to get 105 or so on both my shield and weapons and around 45 or so on both Aux and Engine.

Now I only get 96 on Weapons and Shield so what happened???
The Efficient Engine got Nerfed, big time. I remember seeing notes on Tribble about "upcoming changes", but I must have missed anything in the release notes for Holodeck.

The Efficient Engine no longer gives a direct +5 to Weapon, Shield, and Aux powers. Now it follows some kind of curve similar to the efficiency skills. I haven't had the chance to do much testing/figure out a formula, but from what little I've seen, it now it looks like if your Power is set to above 75 you get no bonus, if at 50 you get +1, if at 25 you get +2.

But again, I haven't tested this extensively, and the Calc has not yet been updated.
Lt. Commander
# 218
05-24-2011, 05:57 AM
PatricianVetinari,

I think that has to be it. I remember my numbers being above 100 (thought it was 105 or 6) so with engine doing nothing above 75 that makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 219
05-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Ship power level? ... It must be OVER 9000!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
I checked the Release Notes on both Tribble and Holodeck, and nothing was mentioned about the Efficient Impulse Engines "coming soon" changes going live. None-the-less they are here. More's the pity. It appears now the engine that once gave +5 Power to each Weapons, Shield, and Auxiliary now gives a variable amount based on a formula similar to the one used with the Efficiency skills.

The item description says it gives +3.8 Power Setting. This is misleading. Based on that display, my observations, and some basic testing, I believe the formula to be: Power Bonus = 0.038 * Max(75-Power Level,0). This is still open to investigation/confirmation, so please feel free to comment if you find different results.

Also, I haven't actually used the new Breen Engines, so I'm taking their stats from the STOWiki Page. Let me know if there are any problems.

Otherwise, here are the complete release notes for the new version:

Version 4.3.0 Updates include:
- Added Light Science Vessel (Oberth) (+5 Aux Power)
- Added Prometheus MVAM (+15 Power), and MVAM Alpha, Beta, Gamma (Varies)
- Added Captain's Yacht, Duj'hod, and Class F Shuttlecrafts (+0 Power)
- Added Peregrine and Tu'Duj Fighters (+0 Power)
- Corrected existing Shuttle power settings (+0 Power)
- Corrected error in Vo'Quv Carrier ship formula.
- Separated Shuttles/Fighters in the drop-list.
- Made some minor formatting changes.
- Noted rounding variance in the Instructions.
- Changed stats for Efficient Impulse Engine Mk IV: Bonus = 0.038*Max(75-Power,0)
-- Note that the EIE formula is still in testing.
- Added the Breen Supercooled Combat Impulse Engine (+7.5 Engine Power)
-- The Breen Engine data is unconfirmed.
>snip<

Your feedback is appreciated.
Closed Thread