06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Nice effort
Thanks. Glad you liked it.
Lt. Commander
# 223
06-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Is it already intended for damage type consoles to be added?
Lt. Commander
# 224
06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Is it already intended for damage type consoles to be added?
No. The Power Calculator only calculates Ship's Power. For DPS calculation I would recommend Nagorak's Starship Weapons Calculator:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929
Lt. Commander
# 225
06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Regular Carrier bonus was changed to +10 Aux in the big Carrier nerf a couple of months back. Please update that.

Also would be nice to know how Aux affects pet launch in detail, as per that nerf/change.

Just noticed the Efficient Impulse Engine nerf, and I also hate this out of left field change that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes when it did go live. 51 pages and not one post by Gecko saying he might rescind that after his page 9 post. Come on the power levels are great but as soooooooooooooooo many people stated, we give up speed and turn for those power levels. When that item was designed, this was clearly the intent. If you want power levels you have to be a slowie. It's not OP simply because of this fact. Why change it now?

Great thread.
Lt. Commander
# 226
06-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
Regular Carrier bonus was changed to +10 Aux in the big Carrier nerf a couple of months back. Please update that.

Also would be nice to know how Aux affects pet launch in detail, as per that nerf/change.

Just noticed the Efficient Impulse Engine nerf....
They changed the carrier Aux? Hmm... Ok, I'll get that fixed. I don't have any specs on Aux affecting pet launch, other than I know it does. What are the stats?

Yeah, that EIE nerf was annoying on so many levels.

That reminds me, I also found out that the Breen Impulse Engine's power buff is not a flat 7.5, but rather like the EIE it is on some kind of curve. I'll need to do testing to confirm... But I'll get that fixed eventually too.

Thanks for the update/info. Nice to know someone still uses the Calc.
Lt. Commander
# 227
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Just plus ten to Auxiliary unless it was changed again and I'm not aware. Nothing else. Also any idea what having a power level of over 100 really does and is it worth getting 125 in say, weapons, over just having 100? What about shields 100 versus 125? This is effective of course, not base.

[rant=start]

Made the Carrier more sciencey and pets depend on Auxiliary, but called it "not a true science ship" and didn't give it Sensor Analysis like the other Science ships. What next, they planning to take away the subsystem targeting in a future patch? Why am I even typing this possibility? Carriers are the only unique ship in the game and that nerf was a travesty in IMHO. Just continue to neuter the thing, and they might as well just take carriers out of the game at that point. How much you wanna bet there's no new one being developed for level 61? I see it as a low chance. Unless the ships at the max rank would still all be comparable to tier 5 (VA/LG are already called tier 5.1 aren't they?), if they don't make a new Science Carrier at 61 it will basically force all Carrier pilots to either abandon ship, fly an inferior ship statswise, or use Varanus/Battle which are slightly less outdated. Carriers already get one less officer slot. Wasn't that enough?

[/rant]

The EIE is showing up as 3.8 on my KDF who still uses it. She has efficiency skills already and is a Joined Trill so I can't give exact stats, but I'm sure it is less than 3.8 actual. Only Commander 7 currently, so I see it as still worth using until a suitable Mark 10 later regardless.

I wanna give the calculator a whirl on my PC, bit unless you have an apk I honestly haven't tried it on my Android yet, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 228
06-24-2011, 11:51 AM
[url=http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3306371&postcount=1]Here[/url is the post by snix about Carrier Hanger Efficiency. The summary is that hanger recharge is now tied to AUX power levels. To regain the old recharge times AUX subsystem power has to be at 100. Aux down to 25 will adds +1/3 to the recharge time and 125 AUX power shaves around 8% off of the charge time (from old recharge values). And if you knock AUX offline, carriers can't launch at all.
Lt. Commander
# 229
07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
Regular Carrier bonus was changed to +10 Aux in the big Carrier nerf a couple of months back. Please update that...
Thanks, I tested and confirmed the Carrier settings. The Calc was actually already correct, but my OP hadn't been updated. It has now been corrected:

- KDF Vo'Quv Carriers get +10 to Aux power.
- KDF Kar'fi Carriers get +10 to Weapons and +5 Aux power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 230
08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I updated the OP with the Season 4 Changes that make the Efficient BO trait available to not only the Uncommon Saurians, but also Rare and Very Rare Saurians.

And for those that don't know, in the near future the KDF will be able to get Efficient Lethean BOs. This isn't in game yet, but expected to be a part of the DOff System (scheduled to be released at the end of October).
Closed Thread