Lt. Commander
# 251
02-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox4adm
I'm sorry if I misunderstand your work, but I am not seeing the same results... My power levels are 106/56/30/30...
Make sure you're looking at your settings while in System Space. If you're on the ground or in Sector Space the UI doesn't properly report the boosts from your traits, skills, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 252
02-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Looking forward to your new calc. It is one of my must have files. Thanks for your hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 253
02-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Indeed it is in invaluable tool I look forward to seeing it back in action
Lt. Commander
# 254
02-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Looking forward to your new calc. It is one of my must have files. Thanks for your hard work.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Indeed it is in invaluable tool I look forward to seeing it back in action
and this also!
Lt. Commander
# 255
03-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Very soon a new Calculator should be posted.
WOOT WOOT!! I can not wait.
Lt. Commander
# 256
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey guys, I really wanted to have it up this last weekend, but I fell victim to some "flu" (aka The Plague of Doom, apparently) that had me down for most the week (Yeah, no kidding!). I now hope to get something up this upcoming weekend (by 03/04). Worse case, I'll get it up "as-is" in a sort of "Beta" version. It's 95% done/functional, it's just missing some devices/equipment (there are so many new items/consoles, etc.).

I also need to re-write the OP...

...Oi.

Thanks for the patience and support.
Lt. Commander
STOPowerCalc.xls v5.0.01 Beta for Season 5 is (finally) here. Sorry for the delay/inconvenience. I've also re-written the OP to be compatible with Season 5.

Release Notes:
- Evaluated and tested all new power skills. Calculated a new "Unified Power Formula."
Rebuilt the entire calculator around this new formula:
((WCE/533.33)*max(75-Power,0))+(WCP/20)+(XP/9.99)
- Completely rebuilt the Skill list to conform to Season 5 skill changes.
- Completely rebuilt the Ship list:
- Added many new Fed, KDF, and Special ships.
- Split ships by specific Faction.
- Ships can now be selected by specific class.
- Rewrote tooltips to conform to new skill system.
- Various other formatting edits/updates.

Known Issues:
- The Breen Engine, Efficient Engine, Neodymium Deflector Dish, and the Transwarp Computer stats have not be properly updated/tested post-Season 5.
- The Calculator may be missing several new Consoles/Set pieces to be added later.
- Some of the tooltips (like for consoles) still need updating.
I hope you like the new ship selection process. I would appreciate any feedback you may on have on that, any of the other updates/changes, or if you find any problems/bugs. Also posts confirming the sheet reflects what you're seeing in game would be welcomed.

Thanks and as alway, Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 258
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
The numbers are all working out so far. Good job as always. I've been dying for this tool to be finished. IMO this is the most important tool for character builds. Looking forward to you adding the new items into the mix. I know that a lot of this work involved fixing old, outdated, and conflicting text. You've done a good job here too. However, the Excel comments for the ship equipment section suggest that's it's still possible to get plasma distrubution manifolds and such that offer bonuses over 3.5. That's a quick edit for the next version. Thanks again for all your work. I hope you're feeling better.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see how many respecs are performed now that this calculator is up-to-date.

Let the respecs begin
Lt. Commander
# 259
03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words JolleyRogers, it pleases me you find it so useful!

What do you think of the new ship-selection "interface"?

I'd forgot the console tooltips. Thanks for the reminder. I've added it to the "known issues" area in the post above and made note to udpate it the next go. As for some of the other gear, I've also worked out how the Jem'Hadar Engine bonus functions, so that'll be on the next update too.

And yeah, I'm feelin' great. Just had the Flu from Hades last week... whew... :p

I wonder how many, if any, respecs I "cause" -- That would be an interesting thing to know...
Lt. Commander
# 260
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Hmm that is really weird. I filled in everything and when I balance it in the game (in space) its

55/50
50/50
55/50
55/50

but the calculator tells me it should be this:

90/50
70/50
75/50
65/50

Can someone tell me whats going on? I checked every entry I made 5 times.

EDIT: Never mind. I was in Sector Space not actually on in a system. I apologize. But the values are still off by 1 . But very nice work. Keep it coming!

-KaneCabal
Closed Thread