Lt. Commander
# 261
03-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneCabal View Post
...EDIT: Never mind. I was in Sector Space not actually on in a system. I apologize. But the values are still off by 1 . But very nice work. Keep it coming!
Please tell me what you're stats are, what you're typing into the Calc, and which values specifically are off by one. This will help me fine-tune the formulas.
Lt. Commander
# 262
03-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Nice work, my Lord.

Also, I can really appreciate your new signature.
Lt. Commander
# 263
03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Nice work, my Lord.

Also, I can really appreciate your new signature.
Thank you, Archancellor. Your opinions are most appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 264
03-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Awesome work. Thank you for your time in creating this invaluable tool for the community.
Lt. Commander
# 265
03-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Awesome work. Thank you for your time in creating this invaluable tool for the community.
You're welcome Maximus.

I expect to have the Flagships added and the update available by Monday.
Lt. Commander
# 266
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
STOPowerCalc.xls v5.0.10 Beta is now available.

Release Notes:
- Added New Federation and KDF Flagship C-Store Variants.
- Added Jem'Hadar Engines (Base +2.5 Weapons, with "Efficiency"-based bonus up to +5)
- Updated Engineering Console Tooltips. (Thanks for the reminder JolleyRogers!)
- Alphabatized KDF Specific Classes ship names.
- Restored function to Neodymium Deflector Dish selection.
- Updated Shield Stat Link. (New Link)
- Various other minor formatting edits/updates.
Known Issues:
- The Breen Engine, Efficient Engine, and the Transwarp Computer stats have not be properly updated/tested post-Season 5.
- The Calculator may be missing several new Consoles/Set pieces to be added later.

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 267 i can read, and do ...
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
"What does God need with a starship?"
Lt. Commander
# 268
03-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superphat View Post
"What does God need with a starship?"
Congrats to Superphat for winning my little Secret Easter Egg hunt. I'll get that Rare-Quality GQ Resolve-traited DOff mailed to you this weekend when next I'm in game.

Thanks for using my Power Calc and taking the time to read the About Page.

Lt. Commander
# 269
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats to the winner and Awesome work !!! I can't wait to unzip it and use it.
Lt. Commander
STOPowerCalc.xls v5.1.00 is now available.

No longer in Beta, as I think this latest calc provides all the features of the Pre-S5 Calc, and the formulas all seem to hold up. I also retested and made new calculations for the Efficient & Breen Engines (which, like the Jem'Hadar Engine, do not provide flat buffs, rather their buffs vary on your power settings), so these are now functional options.

The nice thing about doing all these formulations myself (instead of depending on others as I did with my original calcuator) is that I understand things more clearly. I can also better control the output. For example, I think I was able to tweak one of the numbers that caused a "rounding" issue, but really was a "calculation" issue (in the fourth decimal! ).

So yeah, if you guys ever notice the calculator being off, please, please give me your relevant info (what you typed into the green fields, what the Calc showed in the blue, and what you saw in-game), and I should be able to fine-tune things on the next update.

Release Notes:
- Added Transwarp Computer (VA50, +23 Starship Warp Core Efficiency).
- Rebuilt calculations for, and restored function to, the Efficient Impulse Engine.
- Rebuilt calculations for, and restored function to, the Breen Supercooled Combat Impulse Engine.
- Rearranged the display on the Shields tab.
- Removed "Beta" designation.
- Various other minor spelling, grammar, formatting edits/updates.

Known Issue:
Based on what I read in Transwarp Computer's tooltip its skill level scales with the character's level. I only have access to a Level 50 (VA) Transwarp Computer, so only know that grants a +23 to Startship Warp Core Efficiency. If anyone has a lower leveled one can tell me their level and the associated buffs, I can add that to the Calc. Until then it will be hard-coded in at L50.

Enjoy!
Closed Thread