Lt. Commander
# 281
04-20-2012, 01:26 PM
thanks for your quickly answer. That explain me sometings about it.
Lt. Commander
# 282
04-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo
thanks for your quickly answer. That explain me sometings about it.
No problem. Happy to help.
Lt. Commander
# 283
04-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Wrong Topic.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I have a few questions that I cant exactly figure out and I want to be as accurate as possible on testing...
Hello Milner62. Uhm... Those questions don't really apply to my Ship Power Calculator. Were your questions perhaps meant for Nagorak's DPS Calculator (here)?

Lt. Commander
# 285
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Hello Milner62. Uhm... Those questions don't really apply to my Ship Power Calculator. Were your questions perhaps meant for Nagorak's DPS Calculator (here)?

They were, the webpage said couldnt be found hit refresh and this came up. So far I sent a message but I dont know if it went through to one of the mods asking if the topic could be moved.

It appears that my message didnt go through so I will do this. I will erase my post and make a post on the weapons calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 286
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
No problem. Happy to help.
Hi, i do that is very soon but... i want ask you: Would you can include the new Caitan Carrier?

Thanks for all
Lt. Commander
# 287
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo
...Would you can include the new Caitan Carrier?

Thanks for all
Of course! Here ya go:
STOPowerCalc.xls v5.1.06 is now available.

Release Notes:
- Added Caitian Atrox (Carrier) Starship (+5 Shields, +10 Aux)
Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 288
05-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya View Post
...Also on the power levels calculator, would be really neat if you could include how many shield modifiing consoles people have on their ships. You know the ones for more shield capacity and more shield regen. ..just saying..
This was a comment to me from another thread on another topic, but I wanted to answer it here:

The chief purpose of the Ship Power Calculator is to calculate ship's power levels based mainly on skills and "gear". I made it at first for myself because skill effects were nebulous (moreso back in the day), and it was costly to respec. I wanted to know where my XP were going. Once I got it all working, I put it up for others, and I'm honored/proud of the response.

That being said, the Power Calc is not meant to be a full "virtual ship". It's just about power (ok... mostly).

Regen is affected by power. It is not visible in the UI (at least not a dynamically accurate display), and requires a "magic formula" to calculate. Long ago there were threads/discussions about shield power/regeneration, including various Dev posts showing the formulas for the basic regen rate. I added it more as a lark. Adding regen consoles? It's been requested before (I even said then, that I'd add it). The problem is that their effects are based on more "Cryptic magic", and I don't know the forumla. I'm none too keen to test/figure it out for myself - again - I actually did some testing with them before (see post 55 in this thread), but my results were inconclusive.

Provide me with a workable formula and I'll see if I can add it in.

As for the capacity consoles... First, power doesn't affect capacity. And, afaik, those cap consoles are straight forward additive. If it's +20%, you get 20% more cap. Easy math is easy. Doesn't need a calculator. I could throw those fields in and add 'em together for you... I suppose, if there was enough "demand" for it...
Lt. Commander
# 289
05-10-2012, 07:45 AM
I just downloaded the latest version and it seems to have a formula error on the Ships sheet, in line 16 that is related to your last change (Catian carrier).
Lt. Commander
# 290
05-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
I just downloaded the latest version and it seems to have a formula error on the Ships sheet, in line 16 that is related to your last change (Catian carrier).
Confirmed, tried using it for both KDF and special ships and it broke it immediatly, (didn't need to select a ship, came up with the #REF error)
Closed Thread