Lt. Commander
# 291
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
I just downloaded the latest version and it seems to have a formula error on the Ships sheet, in line 16 that is related to your last change (Catian carrier).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
Confirmed, tried using it for both KDF and special ships and it broke it immediatly, (didn't need to select a ship, came up with the #REF error)
Sorry guys. Fixed.
STOPowerCalc.xls v5.1.07 is now available.

Release Notes:
- Fixed broken formula in Ship Selector.
Lt. Commander
# 292 Happy Annivesary!
05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Hey! I just realized my STO Ship Power Calculator has been around for (just over) two years.

I just took a trip down memory lane and re-read this thread. That was neat! Some fun facts:
My original post, and the calc itself, were put up May 6, 2010. There wasn't much to that first post, it wasn't really a guide or anything (I kept it here, if you care to see.).

The first Calc didn't include KDF ships (I didn't have a KDF character at the time, didn't know there was anything different about their ships). I should try to find the first version on my home computer and post it so we can point and laugh at it. lol

It took seven months and 145 posts before I got stickied. That was (and still is) quite an honor.

I've been updating the Calc ever since.
Good times, good times... Thanks everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 293
05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Working perfectly now. Thank you for this amazing spreadsheet!
Lt. Commander
# 294
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
Working perfectly now. Thank you for this amazing spreadsheet!
You're most welcome. Thank you for the feedback and kind words!
Lt. Commander
# 295
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Good times, good times... Thanks everyone!
Thanks for making this, and for keeping it updated.
It's been very helpful.

I've been using a slightly tweaked version that includes extra power from Emergency Power to Shields and the Plasmonic Leech console (both of which are hard to predict as they're affected by gear and skillpoints...) plus the buffs from the KHG engine and two-piece KHG set bonus. It's been invaluable in letting me see where I should put extra subsystem "performance" skillpoints for maximum benefit on my Klingon Sci officer.

Can I offer a slight correction to the power bonuses for the Klingon Guramba Siege Destroyer?

In "Normal" mode they should be:
Weapons: 10, Shields: 0, Engines: 5, Aux: 0

In "Siege" mode (which adds 10 Weapons + 5 Shields but subtracts 10 Engine Power) they should be:
Weapons: 20, Shields: 5, Engines: -5, Aux: 0
Lt. Commander
# 296
05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Probably easiest just to have 2 ship entires for the Gurumba. Siege Mode and Normal Mode.
Lt. Commander
# 297
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Probably easiest just to have 2 ship entires for the Gurumba. Siege Mode and Normal Mode.
It has this already, but the values for siege mode are incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 298
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
It has this already, but the values for siege mode are incorrect.
Maelwys is right, there are two entries for the Guramba.

I have the G on one of my KDF toons. I used the Calc while leveling/building him, and the Calc was right then. I wonder if Cryptic snuck in a change to the G's power settings...

>shrug<

Thanks for the info. Next time* I'm in game I'll load up that character and verify what's-what and get an updated Calc out to you.

* Please note that it might be a while before I really play again. I've been "taking a break" from STO. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm rather bored with the game of late. I expect to get on this weekend to get the 3rd Lobi Accolade on my main toon. I'll try to remember to log in my KDF Guramba Captain then too.
Lt. Commander
# 299
05-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Patrician,

i look and verified, for Ferengi D`kora Marauder in Defensive Mode the values in the spreadsheet are correct, but in Attack Mode (i choose this when i go for any stf or similar), these are the values change:

+10 weapon power, +5 engine power, -5 auxiliary power

if you wish please verify, if i am in the correct setting in Attack Mode please include these in the spreadsheet

Thanks a lot for your work

Lt. Commander
# 300
06-12-2012, 07:43 AM
There is a little bug with jem'hadar attack ship, the energy bonus is +10 weapons and +5 engines, no +15 weapons
Closed Thread