Lt. Commander
# 61
07-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
...BTW I've sent you a PM with the URL to my SkyDrive storage so you can check out how your spreadsheet fares under OWA without having to do any work. I think you'll agree it looks way better than the Google Docs version.
I got the PM! Thanks for the info T. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stOfficer
EDIT : I apologize , the info i am asking is already posted and answered , i will remove this.
Well, um, it's good I/we were able to help. No need to apologize, I'm sure. Just for idle curiosity, do you mind saying what the question was that was already answered? (I'd like to know what bases we're covering for people.)
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the very handy tool. This spreadsheet provides a key build planning tool that has been missing from all the other resources out there. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
po vue
You once mentioned wanting to know.

The equation he gives still holds true and is used as part of the combat dammage computations.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=120349
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks RedShirt and Roach. I've been real busy with work (60hrs on the clock last week!), so haven't had the change to play around with the damage formula. When I do, I'll add it to the next Calculator version.
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Many thanks for this wonderful tool

I just became "aware" of efficiency thing with 75+ power setting... I'll be respecing accordingly, lol...

Thanks again, keep up with fine tuning!

P.S.

STICKY STICKY bump bump!
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks QS-ZiA! Yeah, I had the Efficiency skills "all wrong" when I first started, had to respec those, and was able to "recover" many skill points doing that.

To tritium4ever and Roach: I haven't forgot about you two. I've just been busy with lots of work overtime and then family and friends visiting from out of town (the last batch just left, but we have another set coming in a couple of days). My first priority when I get a chance will be to add the weapons damage formula, since that's based (in part) off power levels. I'll then check out that MS stuff.

Anyone notice any changes in Season 2.0 that affect what's already existing in the Calc? I've only played S2 a little, but from what I can tell, nothing's changed in regards to ship's power. The Engineering/Release Notes didn't say anything either.
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

To tritium4ever and Roach: I haven't forgot about you two. I've just been busy with lots of work overtime and then family and friends visiting from out of town (the last batch just left, but we have another set coming in a couple of days). My first priority when I get a chance will be to add the weapons damage formula, since that's based (in part) off power levels. I'll then check out that MS stuff.

No worries from me. R/L must come first.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-09-2010, 03:17 PM
HI great work but i have a little trouble in the enginering section of our character skill there is the starship shield msintentenance, starship weapon maintenance and so on wht is the use of thi maintenance ability?
efficiency is usefull only for setting under 70
performance add power to sebsistem setting
and maintenance?
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDriver
HI great work but i have a little trouble in the enginering section of our character skill there is the starship shield msintentenance, starship weapon maintenance and so on wht is the use of thi maintenance ability?
efficiency is usefull only for setting under 70
performance add power to sebsistem setting
and maintenance?
The Maintenance skills are like other skills in that they help certain abilities. Off the top of my head, for example: Starship Aux Maint. applies it's skill bonus to powers like Aux to Structural Integrity Field (SIF), and Starship Shield and Weapon Maints. improves the effect of Emergency Power to Shields and Weapons, respectively. I think (will have to double-check later), that the Engine Maint. helps with your ship's innate Hull Repair ability as well as Engineering Team.

Read each skill and it will tell you what it helps with. Also, in your captain's skill listing you can filter by a specific power to see what helps it... So you see, the Maintenance Skills have their uses, but they do not affect your ship's power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
thanks finally i understand :-)
i suspected that they only affect powers and not power levels and finally i have a confirmation now i can respec with clear ideas
Closed Thread