Lt. Commander
# 81
08-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyghtstorm
Cannot get file to open...opened in my excel and i get gobblygook strange char.
Hmm... What program/version did you use to unzip the file? Were you able to successfully unzip the file? Also, what verson of Excel are you using?
Lt. Commander
# 82
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Cannot get file to open...opened in my excel and i get gobblygook strange char.
Upload it to google docs, it'll work just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 83
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalsgt View Post
Upload it to google docs, it'll work just fine.
As I've said in earlier posts, I don't like the way the document looks in Google Docs and some of the features (for example the cell comments) do not work correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 84
08-18-2010, 06:28 AM
I never noticed this before... What an outstanding resource! Kudos!
Lt. Commander
# 85
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I never noticed this before... What an outstanding resource! Kudos!
Thanks eHip. I appreciate the comment.
Lt. Commander
# 86
08-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I have Excel 07 I think?? or Office 07 and how do you unzip it?

it just says open w/ what prog. and I open it w/ excel
Lt. Commander
# 87
08-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
I have Excel 07 I think?? or Office 07 and how do you unzip it?

it just says open w/ what prog. and I open it w/ excel
I believe Windows from at least XP forward (XP, Vista, Win7) should all be able to open the zip file. When you download the zip, just click the "Open Folder" or "View File" button after it download, or browse to the file in your Windows Explorer. Double-click the zip file and it should open right up. If for some reason your flavor of Windows won't open the archive, you can get the free 7zip program to unzip it (http://www.7-zip.org/). Contained within will be the XLS file for Excel.

Office 2007 will include Excel 2007, so if you have either, you're good to go!
Lt. Commander
# 88
08-24-2010, 06:44 AM
If you cannot get PV's file to open, why mess around with expensive Microsoft crap when you can just download the bloatware free OpenOffice for free?
Lt. Commander
# 89
08-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Someone in another thread asked the purpose of Aux power, how it affected their abilities. I wrote up this little test, and thought it would be good to quote/add here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari View Post
If you want to know exactly how Aux is affecting the powers you have, do this:
  1. Go to System Space. Orbitting in your ship outside Earth Space Dock will be fine.
  2. On your ability tray, locate the ability you want to see affected. For instance, Tractor Beam (TB). Hover your mouse pointer over TB and you'll get a pop-up window that shows you the effects at your current Aux settings. Write these down on a scratch paper, or type them into Notepad or something.
  3. Now, locate your Ship's Power Settings, you'll see a little box in the upper right that let's you change the Power Settings UI. Click that and change your setting to option 3. This will give you slide bars that you can use to adjust each power level manually.
  4. Slide your Aux Power all the way to the top.
  5. Again, hover your mouse over TB, you'll see your settings at your strongest possible Aux Power. Write/type this.
  6. Slide your Aux Power as far to the bottom as you can go.
  7. Hover your mouse over TB again, and you'll see your effects at your lowest setting. Write/type this as above.
  8. Now compare your settings and you'll see how much altering Aux power affects your Ability's effects.
  9. Repeat the above for all your Abilities to see what is affected by Aux, and by how much.
Other things you can try are to trigger Emergency Power to Aux and/or pop an Aux battery, and then see the results.

You can do the above tests with Weapons, Shield, and Engine power levels. For example you can see how your speed and turn rate are changed when you change Engine Power, or your damage is altered with Weapons Power, etc.

Play around with your Power Settings until you find that Happy Medium. Before you make any respec or change in skills though, I'd recommend trying my Calculator to see how your skill levels would affect your power settings.

Good Luck!
Lt. Commander
# 90 Great Work...
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Great Work... We have shared your Forum thread with everyone in our Guild (on both factions). It has met rounds of applause. Well Done, and thanks for all your effort.

QAPLA!!!
Closed Thread