Lt. Commander
# 91
05-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefra View Post
unique CO themed BO would have been more fitting.
Careful! "Unique" has no significance as a word! Something that is "unique" is clearly still able to be commonplace, by the interpretations of this forum.

At any rate, you know it would have been Defender... and then wed get nothing but "WE HAVE TO BLOW UP **ALL** THESE KLINGON SHIPS!!! THEY'RE WHATS CAUSING THE KLINGONS TO ATTACK!!!" every time we load into a kill 6 patrols or deep space encounter mission.

Or worse, Foxbat for the Klingons... That away team encounter wouldn't end well.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
It is well stated, and well founded, yes. A valid interpretation of the clues, despite the lack of an actual concrete statement. Lets call it a "circumstantially supported theory." I have a different interpretation, based on the same exact evidence, but including the lack of concrete evidence: That while brought into question and reviewed, the matter remains unsettled, not decided. That removing a phrase does not only indicate the opposing idea is now true, and that the final decision simply was never met. I feel both interpretations are valid - that the policy was reversed, and that the policy underwent review (and all wording was altered to reflect the policy was in question). (I agree with underlined)

Show me the decision itself, and I'll concede. The only decision so far in all this has, obviously, been to change the wording of the offer, repeatedly, and to state that the future status is unknown.

Sounds to me like backpedaling and spin, but not policy. (I would say the back peddling, was their policy statement.)

Shush you! Rekhans response was long overdue.
Sometimes it takes a while to get things right. My response wasn't as timely as it could've been, but I'd hope it's a step in the right direction nonetheless.

And

See my answer about the future availability of Mirror Universe stuff. We don't know yet. This is a new market for us, and these decisions will be made as we take more cues from the market. It's also why we're reading your feedback. Knowing what you guys like and don't like helps us make decisions for the future.
Follow me on Twitter!

Now, please take note, while I have my hopes on how this will turn out, I am continually debunking any decisive community statements specifically to call out the need for a decisive team statement. I want to know what they decided, in their words, on this forum. Not omission of a word, not "tbd" and not confusing things with new words. Back and white, simple statement defining the policy once and for all, and extending it to all "exclusive" rewards (to settle other debates).

Lets face it, the Schroeder's Cat experiment ultimately always ends with a dead cat if the box is never opened. The cause of death becomes the difference, assuming a limited supply of food is in the box. While a strange analogy, I think they expected the matter to be put to rest the same way - the matter would die down if they never reveal the result, eventually it would be a dead issue. Seems this time, they were wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Careful! "Unique" has no significance as a word! Something that is "unique" is clearly still able to be commonplace, by the interpretations of this forum.
( Agreed completely unique refers to type and not exclusivity )

At any rate, you know it would have been Defender... and then wed get nothing but "WE HAVE TO BLOW UP **ALL** THESE KLINGON SHIPS!!! THEY'RE WHATS CAUSING THE KLINGONS TO ATTACK!!!" every time we load into a kill 6 patrols or deep space encounter mission.

Or worse, Foxbat for the Klingons... That away team encounter wouldn't end well.
victory, victory, victory.......

Lt. Commander
# 93
05-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Please,

just concede so the para-legals can go back to pretending they rule the world.

Lt. Commander
# 94 what?
05-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
Please,

just concede so the para-legals can go back to pretending they rule the world.

I am not a Paralegal?, but thanks for your support anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, first the Champions Online subscription was just under $200, not several hundred dollars.

And I didn't care for CO. And I ignored the offer.

Then they had a splash page that DID say it would be the ONLY way to get the Mirror Universe uniform. And I was hopeful about Star Trek, so I bought the stupid thing, because I wanted the uniform. And I had to buy it NOW or missout on the uniform forever. I played with CO a bit, but haven't got a character past 25 as I prefer CoH.

Now if they release the uniform in the store, I would want my money back and they can have my CO account. (unless it cost something like 14,000 cryptic points which would be close to my cost)
If they release it as, say, a 600 day vet reward, I wouldn't be that upset. Or if they offer varients of the uniforms in the C-store, I would be fine. I wouldn't mind having 2 sets of mirror outfits.

I saved a screenshot of the splash page that got me to buy the lifetime on my old PC. I suppose I'll have to get my PC to boot and search for it.
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Then that was your foolish mistake, because like it or not, it was only a perk along with everything else.
The only thing you actually paid for was the LTS itself.
It was not advertised as "Mirror Universe Uniforms with Lifetime Subscription".
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-17-2010, 12:28 PM
I feel very confident I have already proved how the offer was going to be exclusive, then the exclusive was removed after the community backlash, do to several members complaining that the offer was ridiculous.
The word Exclusive was removed from the offer altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-17-2010, 01:01 PM
The graphic splash page clearly said that the Mirror Univers uniforms was ONLY going to be available to Lifetime Subscribers to CO Online, if purchased before launch. Since it was a graphic page looking all cartoony, it wouldn't be searchable as text.

This irritated me greatly, and I took a screen print before paying my $199 right after. I bet it would hold up in court or a class action suit. I felt they made the graphic just to lure Star Trek Fans to buy a LTS for CO before the launch of CO.

It may have been foolish to pay almost $200 for a costume you couldn't get any other way, but I was cynical enough or wise enough to take a screen print before I paid my money.
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinubabear View Post
The graphic splash page clearly said that the Mirror Univers uniforms was ONLY going to be available to Lifetime Subscribers to CO Online, if purchased before launch. Since it was a graphic page looking all cartoony, it wouldn't be searchable as text.

This irritated me greatly, and I took a screen print before paying my $199 right after. I bet it would hold up in court or a class action suit. I felt they made the graphic just to lure Star Trek Fans to buy a LTS for CO before the launch of CO.

It may have been foolish to pay almost $200 for a costume you couldn't get any other way, but I was cynical enough or wise enough to take a screen print before I paid my money.
I have the champions link in one of the above posts, they took the exclusivity out of the offer after they advertised it on this forum and everyone flew off the handle! check it out I included all the information.

You would never see a refund based on a bonus items give away, because you got all the champions LTS/ exclusives, and unique MU uniform.

Lt. Commander
# 100
05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
They may have removed the exclusivity out of your text pages, but it was still in the graphic splash page at the time I paid. I searched for the page to be sure that buying the stupid LTS was the only way I was gonna get the costume.

They only have to make slight changes and I would be happy if they offered a mirrored Universe costume in the store. Have the skirt slant a different way. Make the top a solid color or use the Captains woman outfit, and Kirk's uniform. Heck, Mirroring the skirt and belt should take no effort, or altering what is individually colorable. I'd even buy an alternate mirrored costume. They made a legal mistake in their wording, and since the splash provided me with my link to pay, that should hold up as well as our click though TOS no one ever reads.