Lt. Commander
# 21
05-07-2010, 08:29 AM
People are saying that the TOS uniforms were part of a preorder offer. However, the TOS uniform is part of the DDE like TNG uniform and DS9 uniform is included with the collector’s edition. So the TOS uniform was not a preorder item.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
You paid $10 more than what you would have paid for the base game to have them given out in a $5 magazine. You also got Joined Trill, emotes, a console and other goodies that relate to this game. Not another unconnected game.

So did I. But I was never told directly by the Devs it would never be available another way. If I only paid $10 above the cost for this game for the Mirror uniforms and they were sold on C-store for 5, I'd deal with it. But I did not. I paid Hundreds.

Its not even remotely close to the TOS uniform. Which again, affected me too. You wouldn't be the first to laugh at people who bought the Champions Lifetime. But also funny how people cry now that something is in it that they can't have.

A veteran reward past the 16 month mark lets people get the uniform while still at least holding to the spirit of what they promised. That would be fair. Confusing concept, I know.
No, I paid $60 more after buying the game like many others did. STO sells for $30 right now, DDE is still $50-$60.

You didn't pay hundreds for Mirror Universe uniforms though, you paid hundreds for a LIFETIME subscription to Champions Online. The Uniforms were a bonus.

Maybe in your mind, the money was spent to get MU uniforms, but they were just a bonus on the larger transaction of a lifetime sub to CO. Just like my money and the money others spent on the DDE or lifetime subs, was spent for the game, not the bonus; regardless of our INTENTIONS while spending the cash.

Long story short, you bought a lifetime subscription, they aren't giving that away to us for c-store points or for free. The uniform? That's another story.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
August 22, 2009

We at Cryptic Studios and Atari are excited to announce our Champions Online six-month and lifetime subscription plans. Players who sign up for our long-term subscriptions will receive special perks, including eight additional character slots, special costume sets and guaranteed access to the Star Trek Online closed beta! "Beyond the deep discount on the subscription rates, we wanted to come up with added incentives and exclusives that, as gamers, we could get excited about," said Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios' Chief Operating Officer. "With an early commitment to Champions Online, granting guaranteed early access to our next big game, Star Trek Online, seemed like a great way to engage Cryptic’s biggest fans in other projects at the studio.” Here are the great features our loyal customers will receive.

Discounted Lifetime Subscription

•Guaranteed Star Trek Online Closed Beta Access
•Eight Additional Character Slots
•Foxbat Vanity Pet
•Art Deco Costume Set
•Retro Future Costume Set
•STO Mirror Universe Costume Set

Discounted Six-month Subscription

•Guaranteed Star Trek Online closed beta access
•Retro Future Costume Set
Don’t miss out on these great deals! You can purchase your subscriptions now!

Discounted Lifetime Subscription
$199.99 USD
$219.99 CAN
£119.99 GBP W/OUT VAT
€147.99 EUR W/OUT VAT

Discounted Six-month Subscription
$59.99 USD
$65.99 CAN
£35.99 GBP W/OUT VAT
€44.99 EUR W/OUT VAT

ABOUT CHAMPIONS ONLINE

Champions Online brings epic heroism back to the MMORPG with fast-paced, epic combat. A boundless character creator takes the experience to the next level; players can even choose the appearance and style of their powers to complete their vision! A unique Nemesis system also lets players tap into a powerful customization tool to craft their own enemy, an ultimate adversary who will appear throughout a hero’s career. For more details about Champions Online and the exclusive Champions Online pre-order event, please visit the official website at http://www.champions-online.com.
just found this.. argue away...
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
No, I paid $60 more after buying the game like many others did. STO sells for $30 right now, DDE is still $50-$60.

You didn't pay hundreds for Mirror Universe uniforms though, you paid hundreds for a LIFETIME subscription to Champions Online. The Uniforms were a bonus.

Maybe in your mind, the money was spent to get MU uniforms, but they were just a bonus on the larger transaction of a lifetime sub to CO. Just like my money and the money others spent on the DDE or lifetime subs, was spent for the game, not the bonus; regardless of our INTENTIONS while spending the cash.

Long story short, you bought a lifetime subscription, they aren't giving that away to us for c-store points or for free. The uniform? That's another story.
Incorrect. The Champions Lifetime was sold with the explicit wording that it would be the only manner to get the the MU uniform. It was part of that offer. Not a bonus, not a freebie. It was the only way to get it. By their very words. You may not like those words. But they were said.

On later promtions, like the DDE and the Liberated borg, they watched their wording far more carefully. But they were quite specific at the time of the CO offer.

The lifetime offer was not worth it purely on its subscription merits when that offer was made. Champions was buggy as hell and amazingly incomplete. It was an amazing leap of faith at that point. It was iffy that the game would even survive to STOs launch given some of the mistakes they made.

Again. Veteran reward is a fair enough method for letting people have them. Not as fair as making it a CO vet award, but its a reasonable compromise. Its not about the exclusiveness, just so we're clear. Its about hundreds of dollars spent based on their wording. Any alternate method of gaining them should require a similar level of commitment.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-07-2010, 09:05 AM
i dunno its seems questionable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
i dunno its seems questionable to me.
Wasn't on the news release. It was via direct developer response to that offer. I even called them directly to confirm since that deal was not made at a great time financially for me.

But while we're looking at the offer, I should point out no costumes on it ever went to the C-store. Or the Vanity Foxbat. But Foxbat Variants were offered in other methods. If they put out entirely different mirror outfits on the C-store or whatever, I dont see the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Wasn't on the news release. It was via direct developer response to that offer. I even called them directly to confirm since that deal was not made at a great time financially for me.

But while we're looking at the offer, I should point out no costumes on it ever went to the C-store. Or the Vanity Foxbat. But Foxbat Variants were offered in other methods. If they put out entirely different mirror outfits on the C-store or whatever, I dont see the issue.
meh bet the devs hate this thread :O whatever they pst is a no win scenero.. mirror unis for all.. annoy the lifers. No mirror nis for all... annoy the non lifers and anyone who thinks their cool :O

so Blah!
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:

Unlike this game, in Champions the devs have said that uniforms from offers like the LTS will eventually be available on their C-Store. Specifically the retro and art deco pieces.

This game, I've seen, doesn't really intend to offer any uniforms on the c-store.

That game, however, uses uniforms as one of its c-store mainstays.

Since you're citing specific commentary about the MU thing, I felt the need to cite specific commentary about the retro/art deco thing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
meh bet the devs hate this thread :O whatever they pst is a no win scenero.. mirror unis for all.. annoy the lifers. No mirror nis for all... annoy the non lifers and anyone who thinks their cool :O

so Blah!
Yeah I do agree. Thats why I think the Vet Reward option is fairest compromise. Mildly annoy the people who bought the CO lifetime for the uniform. Mildly annoy everyone else by making them wait a bit. Everyone has to give a little, but ultimately everyone wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Unlike this game, in Champions the devs have said that uniforms from offers like the LTS will eventually be available on their C-Store. Specifically the retro and art deco pieces.

This game, I've seen, doesn't really intend to offer any uniforms on the c-store.

That game, however, uses uniforms as one of its c-store mainstays.

Since you're citing specific commentary about the MU thing, I felt the need to cite specific commentary about the retro/art deco thing.
Never saw specific commentary on that. But they still aren't on the C-Store regardless. But like the MU, I'd have no objections after the 16 month mark. But since neither set contains a sexy halter top you don't hear nearly as much demand for it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Incorrect. The Champions Lifetime was sold with the explicit wording that it would be the only manner to get the the MU uniform. It was part of that offer. Not a bonus, not a freebie. It was the only way to get it. By their very words. You may not like those words. But they were said.

On later promtions, like the DDE and the Liberated borg, they watched their wording far more carefully. But they were quite specific at the time of the CO offer.

The lifetime offer was not worth it purely on its subscription merits when that offer was made. Champions was buggy as hell and amazingly incomplete. It was an amazing leap of faith at that point. It was iffy that the game would even survive to STOs launch given some of the mistakes they made.

Again. Veteran reward is a fair enough method for letting people have them. Not as fair as making it a CO vet award, but its a reasonable compromise. Its not about the exclusiveness, just so we're clear. Its about hundreds of dollars spent based on their wording. Any alternate method of gaining them should require a similar level of commitment.
It said exclusive, exclusive is a term that means very little in the current business world. At that point and time, it was exclusively available with the CO Lifetime. Exclusive was correct, at that time. It didn't say anything about a 'guarantee' it will be available through no other means in the future. So yes, when you bought your lifetime sub to CO, it was EXCLUSIVELY available through only those means.

That was then, this is now. You are going to see the MU Uniforms out there for everyone. It's not about me vs you, I'm just stating the facts. I appreciate your frustration and anger regarding this, but this is how the world works.