Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
05-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
It said exclusive, exclusive is a term that means very little in the current business world. At that point and time, it was exclusively available with the CO Lifetime. Exclusive was correct, at that time. It didn't say anything about a 'guarantee' it will be available through no other means in the future. So yes, when you bought your lifetime sub to CO, it was EXCLUSIVELY available through only those means.

That was then, this is now. You are going to see the MU Uniforms out there for everyone. It's not about me vs you, I'm just stating the facts. I appreciate your frustration and anger regarding this, but this is how the world works.
They didnt say exclusive when asked. They said it would be the only way to get it. When specifially asked "You aren't going to throw this up on the C-Store, are you?" they said No quite directly. Not "weelllll I dunno."

The more vague 'exclusive' wordings came about when STO launched. Liberated Borg for example. They were very careful with their wording on that to give them a little wiggle room.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
hmmm they could always say.. come play with us n tribble for a hour o two.. hit a 2 hour timer : done.. and in a way it'll stay "exclusive" to their "Loyal custoers"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.st-spike.org/pages/unifor...5/uniforms.htm

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...-1280-1024.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Jo...r_(mirror).jpg
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ma...an_Forrest.jpg
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ch...I_(mirror).jpg

= owww

ranks on the shoulder... cool medals, weird shoulder belt thing.. cool lower belt with phaser and dagger :O

enterprise Era uniforms definatly pack more of a wollap
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
They didnt say exclusive when asked. They said it would be the only way to get it. When specifially asked "You aren't going to throw this up on the C-Store, are you?" they said No quite directly. Not "weelllll I dunno."

The more vague 'exclusive' wordings came about when STO launched. Liberated Borg for example. They were very careful with their wording on that to give them a little wiggle room.
Who is this they you continously refer to? You claim you called them and they told you they wouldn't offer it to anyone else. Do you have a legal statement in writing? Some kind of signed guarantee?

You're funny. ^.^

You can lie to yourself, but you cannot lie to others. Deal with the fact that MU Uniforms will be available for all soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
Who is this they you continously refer to? You claim you called them and they told you they wouldn't offer it to anyone else. Do you have a legal statement in writing? Some kind of signed guarantee?

You're funny. ^.^

You can lie to yourself, but you cannot lie to others. Deal with the fact that MU Uniforms will be available for all soon.
works for me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
You can lie to yourself, but you cannot lie to others. Deal with the fact that MU Uniforms will be available for all soon.
On what basis do you make this statement? What prior evidence? What post (link please)? What release?

I am willing to admit it is entirely possible, but I am not willing to allow individuals to roam about claiming opinion and hunches are facts.

Please, prove me wrong, and I'll concede to it. Show me the policy, clearly laid out and upheld, as it stands for STO. Lt.Expendable? Mods? Devs? Jack? Anyone!

That said, I've already made it clear what my personal opinion is on the matter. So far, I've seen at least one recent (yesterday) example of the team making it clear they intend for exclusives to remain such (Galaxy-X). I've also read compelling evidence (based on CO) that there is a possibility of the exclusivity going away. But nowhere have I seen proof positive it will. And of course there is prior evidence of public outcry swaying Cryptic policy (the CO expansion).

Of course, corporate policy being what it is (dynamic, subject to change at the whims of the leadership), even if we were to see Jackalope himself come down from on high with a mighty HOP and school us on Cryptic's intentions of upholding exclusivity, it would remain likely that policy would change at any point.



Though frankly, if the Jackalope could take a moment to define the policy, I could spend quite a bit less time defending the idea of exclusivity and more time working.

Hrm... on second thought...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
On what basis do you make this statement? What prior evidence? What post (link please)? What release?

I am willing to admit it is entirely possible, but I am not willing to allow individuals to roam about claiming opinion and hunches are facts.

Please, prove me wrong, and I'll concede to it. Show me the policy, clearly laid out and upheld, as it stands for STO. Lt.Expendable? Mods? Devs? Jack? Anyone!

That said, I've already made it clear what my personal opinion is on the matter. So far, I've seen at least one recent (yesterday) example of the team making it clear they intend for exclusives to remain such (Galaxy-X). I've also read compelling evidence (based on CO) that there is a possibility of the exclusivity going away. But nowhere have I seen proof positive it will. And of course there is prior evidence of public outcry swaying Cryptic policy (the CO expansion).

Of course, corporate policy being what it is (dynamic, subject to change at the whims of the leadership), even if we were to see Jackalope himself come down from on high with a mighty HOP and school us on Cryptic's intentions of upholding exclusivity, it would remain likely that policy would change at any point.



Though frankly, if the Jackalope could take a moment to define the policy, I could spend quite a bit less time defending the idea of exclusivity and more time working.

Hrm... on second thought...
lol i dont think they want to answer this thread.. it'll cause havoc with whatever answer they give.. the fair options... well.. fair-ish.. have a tribble event.. go play for with them for a few hours.. lalala still remains "exclusive" ro a extent .. or dumping it on the vet program thingy mabob... whereever that is... i need to read that :O and then everyone has it after ### days
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Sorry, I cannot reveal my sources due to confidentiality reasons. All I can say is, when they do arrive in game for all of us; we can go back to this post and you will realize the proof is in the release.

Nobody is obliged to believe me. It doesn't matter to me. ^.^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
Sorry, I cannot reveal my sources due to confidentiality reasons. All I can say is, when they do arrive in game for all of us; we can go back to this post and you will realize the proof is in the release.

Nobody is obliged to believe me. It doesn't matter to me. ^.^
meh i want to.. but i got all happy when they said "player corvette" for SWG... god dammit i fell for that one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
05-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicia
Sorry, I cannot reveal my sources due to confidentiality reasons. All I can say is, when they do arrive in game for all of us; we can go back to this post and you will realize the proof is in the release.

Nobody is obliged to believe me. It doesn't matter to me. ^.^
Its funny that your first post on this thread doesn't read with nearly the same certainty.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.