Lt. Commander
# 51
05-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
give the klingons the mirror uni let em pretend theyve been conqured too
Na ah, from Wiki - other way around - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Universe_(Star_Trek)

Not long after Mirror-Spock's demilitarization drive, the Terran Empire encountered the Alliance. In the Mirror Universe, the Alliance is a unified government of the Klingons and the Cardassians, presumably ruled by the Klingon Emperor. The Alliance conquered the ill-prepared Terran Empire and enslaved the Terrans and Vulcans. Terrans became pariahs and a slave race, often subjected to mass forced physical labor.

The Alliance does not have cloaking device technology (although a ship was seen decloaking in an earlier episode, an episode in the seventh season established that the Mirror Universe does not have cloaking devices, and the earlier appearance was retconned out as a graphical error). However, cloak technology did exist in the 22nd century on at least one Terran ship (who in turn took it from the Suliban).
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Comics
The day the Mirror Universe uniform for girls went into the game was the day my character became the Most Popular Girl in Class. I cannot go into a team without someone asking me how I got it. Everyone covets it. I am more envied now, in this fictional universe, than I have ever been in life.

I know it is only a matter of time before you Cryptic folks decide to put the uniform on the C-Store, and I am resolved to that day, but I have to tell you right now that when that day comes I will cry. I will be like the guy in school who has the cool car, the day after that car is wrapped around a telephone pole.

Please, please, please, for my own self-esteem and to preserve the incredible fun I have with this uniform, put off listing it on the C-Store for as long as possible. I know, it will bring you warp cores full of $$, but I implore you.

That is all.
All I want is the belt, combine that with completely white off duty robes and you have a Tae Kwon Do master Gi!
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Na ah, from Wiki - other way around - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Universe_(Star_Trek)

Not long after Mirror-Spock's demilitarization drive, the Terran Empire encountered the Alliance. In the Mirror Universe, the Alliance is a unified government of the Klingons and the Cardassians, presumably ruled by the Klingon Emperor. The Alliance conquered the ill-prepared Terran Empire and enslaved the Terrans and Vulcans. Terrans became pariahs and a slave race, often subjected to mass forced physical labor.

The Alliance does not have cloaking device technology (although a ship was seen decloaking in an earlier episode, an episode in the seventh season established that the Mirror Universe does not have cloaking devices, and the earlier appearance was retconned out as a graphical error). However, cloak technology did exist in the 22nd century on at least one Terran ship (who in turn took it from the Suliban).
nah thats nazi propoganda... terrans for the win!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Comics
The day the Mirror Universe uniform for girls went into the game was the day my character became the Most Popular Girl in Class. I cannot go into a team without someone asking me how I got it. Everyone covets it. I am more envied now, in this fictional universe, than I have ever been in life.

I know it is only a matter of time before you Cryptic folks decide to put the uniform on the C-Store, and I am resolved to that day, but I have to tell you right now that when that day comes I will cry. I will be like the guy in school who has the cool car, the day after that car is wrapped around a telephone pole.

Please, please, please, for my own self-esteem and to preserve the incredible fun I have with this uniform, put off listing it on the C-Store for as long as possible. I know, it will bring you warp cores full of $$, but I implore you.

That is all.

As many of you already know:
I fully debated the merits of the MU Uniforms NON Exclusivity debate with factual Cryptic documentation that the MU Uniforms were not Exclusive, simply a bonus selling point. The Unique uniforms were unique in type, but in no way was it documented that they were exclusive or unique to the Champions' offer. To see how the opposition was proven incorrect time and time again I will attach the link below.

The major opposition when proved wrong went silent, and the one who fought the longest was banned for trolling and harassment comments. For he could not refute the facts so he got nasty and made them up as he went along. Thank you for your continued support, enjoy.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=156158
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-14-2010, 03:42 PM
You proved nothing I'm afraid, and I think you know better than to discuss moderation on the forums and restart the arguements that lead to such moderation.
Lt. Commander
# 56 Light Bulb!
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
You proved nothing I'm afraid, and I think you know better than to discuss moderation on the forums and restart the arguements that lead to such moderation.
I respectfully disagree with you, their is not an argument to restart, by now I am sure you have to see that. Decisive Victory,Case Closed it was a slam dunk. Facts are Facts they speak for themselves and that is all I have to say on the matter. I tip my hat to you. Good day sir.

Lt. Commander
# 57
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Season Deux looks a lot like Season 1 in that it is mostly Federation updating.
In the context of this thread ... Klingon uniform customization is on the schedule. So, I'm not really sure what else there is to debate? The complaint is ... klingons need more uniform customization. Schedule says, they're gonna get it.

Quote:
Galaxy X - where's the Klingon equivalent? Does Cryptic want Klingon players to recruit friends?
First up ... what is the klingon ship from that episode? That's right, it's the prototype model that became the Neg'Vahr. The Neg'Varh is in the game yes? Along with Crusher's Olympic class ship? Yes. Yes. And Yes. That's not a good episode to cite, since the Klingon ship from it already exists.

Secondly ... if you, as a klingon recruit a friend to play the game ... as a klingon. What do they have to do first?

Play 6 levels as a fed.

That's a technical obstacle preventing them from doing this right now. That needs fixing.

Quote:
Off-Duty clothing - Klingons don't go off duty, ever?
That's part of what they're going to address in 2.0.

Quote:
Mirror Universe Uniforms - Klingons exist in the MU, but so far Cryptic has not uttered a single word about Klingon MU.
In the mirror universe, what faction are the klingons a part of? Not the KDF. It's something else. From the DS9 episodes.

I don't think you're thinking this through properly. Or you're just glossing over a lot of the shows that deal specifically with these things.
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
In the context of this thread ... Klingon uniform customization is on the schedule. So, I'm not really sure what else there is to debate? The complaint is ... klingons need more uniform customization. Schedule says, they're gonna get it.

First up ... what is the klingon ship from that episode? That's right, it's the prototype model that became the Neg'Vahr. The Neg'Varh is in the game yes? Along with Crusher's Olympic class ship? Yes. Yes. And Yes. That's not a good episode to cite, since the Klingon ship from it already exists.

Secondly ... if you, as a klingon recruit a friend to play the game ... as a klingon. What do they have to do first?

Play 6 levels as a fed.

That's a technical obstacle preventing them from doing this right now. That needs fixing.

That's part of what they're going to address in 2.0.

In the mirror universe, what faction are the klingons a part of? Not the KDF. It's something else. From the DS9 episodes.

I don't think you're thinking this through properly. Or you're just glossing over a lot of the shows that deal specifically with these things.
/ signed and agreed the Klingons need more love all the way around
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Look, I think we all have to admit that Cryptic can do whatever it wants with individual costume pieces and promotional items. I certainly have no illusions that Cryptic could put the Mirror outfits -- or any other "exclusive" or "unique" item -- on the C-Store if they wanted to. We all know they could.

But my personal hope is that rather than do that, we will instead get multiple attractive outfits like Risa-wear, Orion-wear, and so on.

The moment the Mirror Universe outfit is not the ONLY sexy outfit in the game, demands for it will decrease. It will be just one of many options for giving your characters an attractive look. If Orion wear is put in the game, it won't even be the skimpiest of outfits!
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I respectfully disagree with you, their is not an argument to restart, by now I am sure you have to see that. Decisive Victory,Case Closed it was a slam dunk. Facts are Facts they speak for themselves and that is all I have to say on the matter. I tip my hat to you. Good day sir.

Sorry but not even close to a victory there. You can't decide to ignore every other definition for a word that doesn't fit your arguement and call it a 'victory.' Is not. Its an opinion, and little else. You were countered at multiple points but chose to ignore them. That doesnt make it a slam dunk, sorry to say.

Until Cryptic say one way or the other on the matter, there are no victories. Only differing opinions.