Lt. Commander
This should clear up the mystery, upon further research (91pages)and review It appears that due to initial out cry about the possibility of the Mirror Universe Uniforms being exclusive to the Champions Offer, Cryptic did respond by posting on the Champions Online Forum. They posted this offer below and removed any indication that the MU Uniform set would be exclusive, It was further posted that they were unsure when they would be made available again.

STO Forum initial Advertisement below
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=24059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeke
For a limited time only six-month and lifetime subscribers to Cryptic Studios' other MMO, Champions Online, will receive, among other exciting perks, guaranteed access to the Star Trek Online beta test!

"Beyond the deep discount on the subscription rates, we wanted to come up with added incentives and exclusives that, as gamers, we could get excited about," said Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios' Chief Operating Officer. "With an early commitment to Champions Online, granting guaranteed early access to our next big game, Star Trek Online, seemed like a great way to engage Cryptic’s biggest fans in other projects at the studio.”

Lifetime subscribers will also receive an exclusive Mirror Universe costume set for Star Trek Online.

Here are the great features our loyal customers will receive.

Lifetime Subscription ($199.99 USD | $219.99 CAN | £119.99 GBP | €147.99 EUR)

* Guaranteed Star Trek Online Closed Beta Access
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers.
* Retro Future costume set.
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!

Six Month Discounted Subscription ($59.99 USD | $65.99 CAN | £35.99 GBP | €44.99 EUR)

* Saves $29.95 USD (33% off!) over regular monthly subscription!
* Retro Future costume set
* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!

Don’t miss out on these great deals! You can purchase your subscriptions now!

Don’t miss out on these great deals! You can purchase your subscriptions now!

Link to the news article.

Rekhan went on further to say to check the Champions posting for details and that This is a new market for us, and these decisions will be made as we take more cues from the market. ( They removed all reference to exclusive from the purchaser agreement/advertisement when the offer went LIVE on Champions)

Posted the following on the Champions News page:
http://www.champions-online.com/node/112696
Aug
Champions Online Pricing
Posted by Daeke

Atari and Cryptic Studios are happy to announce the final pricing and subscription programs for Champions Online!
Retail Pricing:

$49.99 USD, $54.99 CAN, €49.99 EUR, and £29.99 GBP
Regular Monthly Subscription:

$14.99 USD, $16.49 CAN, €12.99 EUR, and £8.99 GBP

We are also offering two exclusive subscription packages, available only until September 1st.
6-Month Discounted Subscriptions: (REMOVED any usage of word EXCLUSIVE relating to the MU Uniforms OFFER)

* Price: $59.99 USD, $65.99 CAN, €44.99 EUR, and £35.99 GBP

Lifetime Subscriptions:

* Price: $199.99 USD, $219.99 CAN, €147.99 EUR, and £119.99 GBP
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers

Below is the forum link page
CRYPTIC responses in Yellow
http://forums.champions-online.com/s...d.php?p=630066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeke
Daeke
Online Community Team

Default Champions Online Pricing
Atari and Cryptic Studios are happy to announce the final pricing and subscription programs for Champions Online!

Retail Pricing:

$49.99 USD, $54.99 CAN, €49.99 EUR, and £29.99 GBP

Regular Monthly Subscription:

$14.99 USD, $16.49 CAN, €12.99 EUR, and £8.99 GBP

We are also offering two exclusive subscription packages, available only until September 1st.
6-Month Discounted Subscriptions: (REMOVED any usage of word EXCLUSIVE relating to the MU Uniforms OFFER)

* Price: $59.99 USD, $65.99 CAN, €51.99 EUR, and £35.99 GBP
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set

Lifetime Subscriptions:

* Price: $199.99 USD, $219.99 CAN, €173.99 EUR, and £119.99 GBP
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers

To purchase either of these packages, head over to the Exclusive Specials section of our site.

Link to the news post

Follow me on Twitter!

This was the Cryptic response to the out cry: Champions Online Special Offer thread on STO Forum pg 50,51.54,55,65
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=24059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Hey folks, I wanted to hop in here to clear up a few things.

The original tone of the news post that started this thread was very STO-specific because we thought we should emphasize what we thought would be most exciting to STO fans. Once we read the thread and realized some of you had concerns about that messaging, we changed it to showcase the entire Champions Online subscription offer and make the overall post more informative. If you check the post on the Champions Site, you’ll notice the offers are the same.(REMOVED any usage of word EXCLUSIVE relating to the MU Uniforms OFFER)

In regard to questions specifically about the Mirror Universe costume set, I don’t have an answer for you on its future availability, because we just don’t know yet. But thank you for your posts on this issue, as your opinion will definitely help shape the future of our offers.

As far as the STO beta, the vast majority of our beta testers will be selected by conventional means, meaning we’ll draw from a pool of people who sign up for beta via our website. This is how we did it for Champions and we were extremely happy with our testers and our test process.

And just to reiterate: We’re cross-promoting both titles, and we plan to do so with all the games we make in the future. We want fans of our games to be fans of all our games, and we want to engage people who choose to play more than one; it’s just good business. Did you know, for instance, that your login here will also work on the Champions site, as is?

I really do appreciate the feedback you’re posting in regard to this issue, and people from every level of the company are reading it.
Follow me on Twitter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
Shush you! Rekhans response was long overdue.

Sometimes it takes a while to get things right. My response wasn't as timely as it could've been, but I'd hope it's a step in the right direction nonetheless.
Follow me on Twitter!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
How far will these cross promotions go? Will there be STO benefits available ONLY to CO players who can do something in-game CO to get the reward in STO? ...and vise-versa?

Am I going to be required to have CO to avail myself of all the STO material that will be available? I would like to know now so I can buy the lifetime membership.

I would only ever login to CO to do whatever is required for STO rewards. If you must extort my money then tell us now please so I'm not a year into STO membership and then something comes along available only to CO players.

please excuse the glass-half-empty tone of this post. I know it was meant as a peace offering, but Cryptic has not exactly gone out of their way to earn people's trust in the last few days

See my answer about the future availability of Mirror Universe stuff. We don't know yet. This is a new market for us, and these decisions will be made as we take more cues from the market. It's also why we're reading your feedback. Knowing what you guys like and don't like helps us make decisions for the future.
Follow me on Twitter!
Lt. Commander
# 72
05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Can we just get this resolved with something in black and white from a gold name? Please?

I am tired of this endless interpretation of the slimmest sliver of hints and "facts" being manufactured from the absence of an actual statement, rather than the presence of one.

I don't care how many colors you post in, or how many times you make the same assertions, all arguments for and against this are nothing more than leaps of logic hinging on the interpretation of a SINGLE word or its absence, which sadly can prove nothing at all when one considers the source material's omissions could be anything fro a typo to an actual policy.

Phoxe, kindly give the team an in-person facepalm from me for the silence on this issue.

I have my opinion, and my heartfelt desire for how this should play out, based solely on the idea and ideals of why some rewards should remain exclusive. Others have their heart and considerable time sunk into their opinion that they have "proof" with little more actual evidence than can be found in any high-profile conspiracy theory.

1) PLEASE curtail the announcement by community members they have "proof" when they clearly only have conviction. (this applies to both sides of the argument)

2) PLEASE end this continuing squabble with specific policy and intent from the team regarding MU exclusivity, and its possible expiration of exclusivity, without resorting to openly interpretable phrases like "may change" and "for now" but clearly define and state the Cryptic policy for ALL STO exclusive rewards.

By doing the above you will concrete two things - whether or not it is worth actually taking a leap of faith in any rewarded activity or offer Cryptic provides, and of course settle once and for all the bickering and debate so we can get back to working together on constructive discussions about meaningful content, rather than teeth grinding fanaticism over vanity and the value of reward, loyalty, and effort.
Lt. Commander
# 73 C-Store
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM
was shocked it did go there right away.
Lt. Commander
# 74
05-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Can we just get this resolved with something in black and white from a gold name? Please?

(Everything in gold in my above post was a Cryptic response with the respective link attached)

I am tired of this endless interpretation of the slimmest sliver of hints and "facts" being manufactured from the absence of an actual statement, rather than the presence of one.
(I included all actual Cryptic statement in Yellow and respective links for verification)

I don't care how many colors you post in, or how many times you make the same assertions, all arguments for and against this are nothing more than leaps of logic hinging on the interpretation of a SINGLE word or its absence, which sadly can prove nothing at all when one considers the source material's omissions could be anything fro a typo to an actual policy.

(I did my research I color coded it so it would be easier for the lay person to see point by point.
their is not leap of logic it was as easily defined as a grade school assignment to me.)
The community initially complained and Cryptic responded by removing exclusivity in the offer. " Default Champions Online Pricing Atari and Cryptic Studios are happy to announce the final pricing and subscription programs for Champions Online!") This is not rocket science, It is basic reading comprehension.
Lt. Commander
# 75
05-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
This should clear up the mystery... They posted this offer below and removed any indication that the MU Uniform set would be exclusive, It was further posted that they were unsure when they would be made available again.
That actually makes it more confusing. You also seem to be omitting things, as I easily found links to news pieces which are dated after several of your links. What is the date of the "unsure" post?

http://www.champions-online.com/node/172998

This is August 20th, 2009. AFTER all your quotes but the last unquoted dev post in the last thread you quoted.

So, while on the forums there was debate not 15 days after your "not sure," we see official news stating "unique" which is of course open to interpretation, just like any other argument we could muster without official weigh-in.

"Unique" seems to signify, well... UNIQUE. Which is in all honesty not exclusive, per se, but suggestive that the specific version be limited/unique - which I tent to interpret as "we have x, but you have not x but similar"

At any rate, none of this matters unless and until there is official clarification.

Quote:
The community initially complained and Cryptic responded by removing exclusivity in the offer. " Default Champions Online Pricing Atari and Cryptic Studios are happy to announce the final pricing and subscription programs for Champions Online!") This is not rocket science, It is basic reading comprehension.
... you are quoting items 9+ months old which ended in "we don't know"

I am calling out a gold post on this matter now because obviously, there is room for clarification.

PS- what was the date of the "final pricing" thing? I'm scrolling up for that, but it would be a timesaver to snag that link... maybe I just skimmed past it.

Edit- found it. did skim past. August 4th. So, despite the omission on the 4th, 16 days later on the 20th, its "Unique" in the same source's news site. Apparently, it is rocket science then. :p

Please find something more recent than 8/20/2009 which either omits or outright denies exclusivity. "Unique" is debatable, and I concede it is not definitive, but I also firmly stand against this matter being closed unless and until the policy is defined in clear words by the team, here and now.
Lt. Commander
# 76 Fair enough
05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
That actually makes it more confusing. You also seem to be omitting things, as I easily found links to news pieces which are dated after several of your links. What is the date of the "unsure" post?

http://www.champions-online.com/node/172998

This is August 20th, 2009. AFTER all your quotes but the last unquoted dev post in the last thread you quoted.

So, while on the forums there was debate not 15 days after your "not sure," we see official news stating "unique" which is of course open to interpretation, just like any other argument we could muster without official weigh-in.

"Unique" seems to signify, well... UNIQUE. Which is in all honesty not exclusive, per se, but suggestive that the specific version be limited/unique - which I tent to interpret as "we have x, but you have not x but similar"

At any rate, none of this matters unless and until there is official clarification.

As to your reply above... you are quoting items 9+ months old which ended in "we don't know"

I am calling out a gold post on this matter now because obviously, there is room for clarification.

PS- what was the date of the "final pricing" thing? I'm scrolling up for that, but it would be a timesaver to snag that link... maybe I just skimmed past it.
I think you might have skimmed past all the links are directly above the Cryptic Response. It is in the 2nd and 3rd gold Champion offers. The offer ended on September 1, 2009 the post shows valid from 8/4 until the end of August.
Lt. Commander
# 77
05-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
I think you might have skimmed past all the links are directly above the Cryptic Response. It is in the 2nd and 3rd gold Champion offers. The offer ended on September 1, 2009 the post shows valid from 8/4 until the end of August.
And the statement of the items being "Unique" occurs 16 days later on the 20th.

This is all really simple to end if someone would step up from the team and end it.

I'll even accept "we still haven't decided, 9 months later"

Can we at least agree that the evidence is not clear, and our interpretations of it, despite being opposed, are both based on insufficient information?
Lt. Commander
# 78
05-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Frankly i dont understand the fuss a lot of MU owners are making except for some childish need to feel superior than others because they have something they dont.
A whole load of us(including me) are definatley willing to "pay" for the MU uniforms for a reasonable price.
Lt. Commander
# 79
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't feel superior. I do resent being labeled. Perhaps you feel inferior, and feel the need to insist the circumstances you feel inferior in are the fault of someone you perceive as superior? I cant say, but I certainly don't feel that way, and I'm quite certain telling me how I feel breaks some rules here...

That said, I do feel *deserving* of reward, which is of course a view of myself, and takes into consideration my actions alone. Were this some kind of competitive thing, where in I *competed* against others to be judged verses their abilities and as such found or not found to have superior ability, then yes I suppose an air of superiority would be difficult to avoid. But seeing as my actions were not in any competitive forum, I fail to see how anyone could honestly examine the circumstances and conclude anything about my personality from them without drawing into question their own motives and flaws.

Addendum: Based on your statement and the color of your name, I presume then you are among the LTS holders seeking to have Borg captain races given to anyone? You have no issue with TCT, LB, "Career Officer" and your other perks becoming commonplace?
Lt. Commander
# 80
05-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Frankly i dont understand the fuss a lot of MU owners are making except for some childish need to feel superior than others because they have something they dont.
A whole load of us(including me) are definatley willing to "pay" for the MU uniforms for a reasonable price.
As explained earlier the fuss isn't about feeling superior. Its about having to pay hundreds to get something that becomes available for a few dollars less than a month later. Simple as that.

Any alternate method of getting them past the 400 day mark is fine with me. Vet reward just makes the most sense at that point.