Lt. Commander
# 1 DELETE the Galaxy - X
05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Please :p
It's one of those ships that never should have been... it doesn't work by Gene's laws and it just looked ugly, however epic it may be in a fight.
Discuss
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brex2 View Post
It's one of those ships that never should have been... it doesn't work by Gene's laws and it just looked ugly, however epic it may be in a fight.
Discuss
Exactly how epic do you think a T5 cruiser is in a fight?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree that its pretty ugly looking. But strangely people seem very passionate about the model based on all the threads raging about it.

So what do I know? If people want to fly it, that's their business. No one's forcing me to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
If I remember correctly...
Galaxy X came into existence due to Adm. Riker overhauling the D in an alternate time-line.
Well, in this timeline, the D 's saucer took a dirt nap on some planet's surface, after the engineering section blew up into a trillion pieces. Kinda hard to overhaul that.

And did Riker become a bitter old Admiral that got nostalgic for the D in this timeline enough to find a Galaxy class and rename it Enterprise in this time-line either?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
How is it ugly?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't understand the reason for all the fuss. First there is too much of the word 'canon' being thrown around.
On-Screen does not mean 'canon' and it's widely accepted that future timelines and alternative timelines are a case of what may or may not be.
A ship from a future that may ( and likely would not ) happen that appeared in one episode is hardly definitive.

The Galaxy was superseded in the future. Why would they outfit an old ship in an era of a replacement for that ship. They would simple stick their nose gun and extra engine on a sovereign. As Gene was wont to do, if it's old and the new stuff supersedes and contradicts it then the old stuff is no longer canon.

The only problem we have here is the entitlement. All these people realising that it's something they have no chance of obtaining s would rather see it removed than anyone else have it. Either that or make it so accessible that it's just another thing that bulkers can buy and there will be literally 10's of them in the game ( as by the time we see them that will be the playerbase )

let it go. It's just a model.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 12:13 PM
*cues Depeche Mode'a "People Are People"*

There's a ship for everybody - which is why Cryptic is so good at nailing visual customization. No other developer (aside from, maybe, old Verant's SWG) pulls off as much customization options on a visual level. I don't need to buy species from the c-store: I can create them using a myriad of species parts in the alien creator.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Here's hoping that the public outcry will die down in a week or two and the community can get back to yelling at cryptic about more important things, like Bugs the big three science abilities, and of course PvP balance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brex2 View Post
Discuss
"genes laws"

I LOL'd
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Here's hoping that the public outcry will die down in a week or two and the community can get back to yelling at cryptic about more important things, like Bugs the big three science abilities, and of course PvP balance.
Well said sir.

Lets see polls and posts about stuff like that instead of complaining about one ship.