Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
05-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
Why should we have to pay Cryptic another $5.00 or $10.00 or whatever to be able to buy a ship that gives us an advantage over other players in-game when we've already bought the box and already pay sub fees?
Because Atari desperately wants to be the first company that pulls off an MMO that combines both the pay-for-powers cash store and subscription model to maximize profit made from chumps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
05-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
That is equally your problem and Cryptics. You do not read in full.
I actually did read the whole post, I just simply stated that I stop reading there because your argument is flawed and as such the rest of your post doesn't matter or make sense because of it. I posted out why it was flawed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
05-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
I actually did read the whole post, I just simply stated that I stop reading there because your argument is flawed and as such the rest of your post doesn't matter or make sense because of it. I posted out why it was flawed.
If that was your reason the you did not readi t. You simply disagree and thats that really. You give no real reason. you play with words to justify it. Listen to the music not the song comes to mind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
05-07-2010, 06:34 AM
A couple thoughts in response to the OP:

1) This forum isnt very different than most MMO forums I've played, so whatever problem you think exists is pretty universal

2) The uproars that have happened here have been in response to things Cryptic did. Granted, they may have been a bit overboard in some cases, but the point is that they were not unprovoked.

I hate to say it, but launching a game before its ready(aka before one of the factions has PvE, before there is any end game content, with a crappy crafting system, etc) is going to create a negative atmosphere on the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
05-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
If that was your reason the you did not readi t. You simply disagree and thats that really. You give no real reason. you play with words to justify it. Listen to the music not the song comes to mind.
The fact of the matter is that Cryptic is not a government, and comparing them to one simply does not work. Cryptic is a business, they try to please their customers as much as they can, and seriously they have gone far farther than any other MMO company I have seen with trying to make their customers happy, but in the end they are trying to make money not control everyone's life. Cryptic is a business, not a communist government for that reason. They are in it to make a profit. That isn't me playing with words trying to justify what I am saying, that is fact.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
The fact of the matter is that Cryptic is not a government, and comparing them to one simply does not work. Cryptic is a business, they try to please their customers as much as they can, and seriously they have gone far farther than any other MMO company I have seen with trying to make their customers happy, but in the end they are trying to make money not control everyone's life. Cryptic is a business, not a communist government for that reason. They are in it to make a profit.
There's such a thing as a company's loyalty to its customers. If the customer perceives that the company cares about their business, they're probably going to get more business in a positive manner. If the customers believe that the company cares about what's in their wallet and nothing else, they're not generating good will and they're only thinking very short-term.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
05-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
There's such a thing as a company's loyalty to its customers. If the customer perceives that the company cares about their business, they're probably going to get more business in a positive manner. If the customers believe that the company cares about what's in their wallet and nothing else, they're not generating good will and they're only thinking very short-term.
That is true, and on the whole, outside of this one instance I still think Cryptic cares about it's customers and business. They just sometimes have to make the decisions that are in the best interests of the company and sometimes those don't always add up with what the community wants. It happens.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
To OP, I think you're right. To the first response, what a tool. Do you really think that it's going to make a difference? All you're doing by continuing to "fight" after it's been said by the CEO that it's staying is opening yourself up to infractions and - by extension - bans, which you'll make the claim were unnecessary and you'll say more things opening yourself up, too.

If you really want to play the victim, go ahead, but it will serve no purpose outside of making yourself look like a tool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
05-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
That is true, and on the whole, outside of this one instance I still think Cryptic cares about it's customers and business. They just sometimes have to make the decisions that are in the best interests of the company and sometimes those don't always add up with what the community wants. It happens.
1. Launching without being ready

2. The last-minute skill tree switcharoonie

3. The decision to stop refunding LTS's before the 30 days that they offered was up

4. Getting rid of their whole billing/customer service offerings

5. Just how many weeks DOES it take to get a response to a help or customer service ticket anyway?

6. "Some of you people just don't get it"

7. We'd love to put X,Y,and Z things that our customers really want in the game...some day.

8. "you people are starting riots on our forums".

9. Updating the cash shop instead of fixing the game

10. That whole sale with the 60 or 90 days that they tried to go back on and got busted

Do tell me, which of these things indicates that Cryptic gives a flying flip about their customers?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
05-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
To OP, I think you're right. To the first response, what a tool. Do you really think that it's going to make a difference? All you're doing by continuing to "fight" after it's been said by the CEO that it's staying is opening yourself up to infractions and - by extension - bans, which you'll make the claim were unnecessary and you'll say more things opening yourself up, too.

If you really want to play the victim, go ahead, but it will serve no purpose outside of making yourself look like a tool.
While I dont disagree with what your saying, the way you choose to say it has ironically opened yourself up for the same thing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:23 AM.