Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm tired of the C-Store
05-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Well, since you saw fit to create this subforum... here you go...

I'm tired of the C-Store. Extra character slots, renaming your character, a respec token that can be earned in-game, OK fine. Playable races, ship skins, bridge layouts, that cannot be had by any other means, NO. We are paying to play.

If you want to continue with the C-Store then you should just put everything on the C-Store and make the monthly fee optional. This gives us two ways to play. We either opt out of the monthly fee and have to buy everything from the C-Store (the type of stuff there now and the Season updates) or we pay the monthly fee and get the Season updates and everything else for free (or some amount of Cryptic points per month to purchase the type of things that are in the C-Store now).

I got free Cryptic points with my DDE and from the Survey. These I will eventually spend, but I will never spend money on Cryptic points to buy stuff in the C-Store. It's a double dip and I will not partake, which means I'm going to miss out on some content, which pretty much blows.

Hopefully you will change things or give us opportunities (other than the referral program... that is not going to work for me) to get free Cryptic points so we can buy things from the C-Store without us having to shell out money above and beyond the monthly fee. Again, it's a double dip and I refuse to pay extra for things I feel should be included in my subscription. Game content is game content.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Well, since you saw fit to create this subforum... here you go...

I'm tired of the C-Store. Extra character slots, renaming your character, a respec token that can be earned in-game, OK fine. Playable races, ship skins, bridge layouts, that cannot be had by any other means, NO. We are paying to play.

If you want to continue with the C-Store then you should just put everything on the C-Store and make the monthly fee optional. This gives us two ways to play. We either opt out of the monthly fee and have to buy everything from the C-Store (the type of stuff there now and the Season updates) or we pay the monthly fee and get the Season updates and everything else for free (or some amount of Cryptic points per month to purchase the type of things that are in the C-Store now).

I got free Cryptic points with my DDE and from the Survey. These I will eventually spend, but I will never spend money on Cryptic points to buy stuff in the C-Store. It's a double dip and I will not partake, which means I'm going to miss out on some content, which pretty much blows.

Hopefully you will change things or give us opportunities (other than the referral program... that is not going to work for me) to get free Cryptic points so we can buy things from the C-Store without us having to shell out money above and beyond the monthly fee. Again, it's a double dip and I refuse to pay extra for things I feel should be included in my subscription. Game content is game content.
I completely agree with this post. Frankly I find the C-store distasteful. You give us a very unfinished game with a major lack of (endgame) content, yet instead of implementing the new ships, bridges and races as something to work towards to ingame, you keep the game as shallow as it is and dump the stuff in your C-store.
The C-store should have been an alternative way of acquiring certain ingame rewards, and not the only way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2010, 06:10 AM
agreed everything should be obtainable through ingame means instead of paying for it. It is just bad
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTareq View Post
I completely agree with this post. Frankly I find the C-store distasteful. You give us a very unfinished game with a major lack of (endgame) content, yet instead of implementing the new ships, bridges and races as something to work towards to ingame, you keep the game as shallow as it is and dump the stuff in your C-store.
The C-store should have been an alternative way of acquiring certain ingame rewards, and not the only way.
I would not have a problem with the C-Store if all the game content in the C-Store was attainable in-game. There are several good ways to do it.

Playable races could be unlocked by aiding one of their planets or distressed ships. Ship skins and bridges could be unlocked by accolades, you aided 20 planets, did 50 explore missions, or rescued a prominent figure, etc.

Imagine doing exploration missions and getting an "Aid a Planet" and then discovering it's a rare "Aid a Tellarite Planet" mission, which when completed unlocks the playable Tellarites. Or imagine flying around sector space and getting a random distress call to aid or rescue a Tellarite ship, which when completed unlocks playable Tellarites. Not only are these types of missions sorely needed in the game, but the rewards are actually worth something. And it makes things in the C-Store attainable in-game, which in turn makes the C-Store items simply a time-savor for those that don't want to grind and have to have their bling now.

Hopefully, Cyptic will see this thread and take some action.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Hm. In WoW, I thought the only way one could gain new races was to buy the expansions. Maybe I'm incorrect in this.

I could research this, but it's not really important enough to do more than post the position.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm of two minds on this. While I love the idea of alternate methods of getting things, I do think we should have known prior to purchase (where existing things are concerned) that there would be these alternate methods, so we could make an informed choice.

For example if someone paid $10 for something and find out after they could have gotten it for free in game, they'd feel stupid. On the other hand, if everything had an in game method of obtaining, then nothing would sell on the c-store. Which I know wouldn't concern you, but would concern Cryptic.

Perhaps an interesting compromise would be to attach Free C-points to the various Veteran Reward packages.

Players win because they can get free things of their choice without being forced to pay extra. Players who bought things prior also win, because they could buy more things. And Cryptic wins because it further encourages long term customers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyvian View Post
agreed everything should be obtainable through ingame means instead of paying for it. It is just bad
Careful what you wish for.

Have you played the STFs?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I 100 percent agree with this thread/post.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I kind of agree with this post, but I also like the idea of one of the other posters ...

I think it would be great if one of the veterans rewards were some Cryptic points so people who love the game and don't feel that anything should have to be paid for would be able to get things in the C-store just by being loyal to the game.

This will also let the people who want everything right away and don't care about the cost to be able to buy the points and spend them anyway they want.

Just My 2.......
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Still can't believe people are complaining about the C-Store...

Seriously.... it was a well known FACT that there would be a lot of C-store stuff already long before the game launched or entered Open Beta.
Closed Thread