Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnaughts!
05-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I was doing elite B'Tran missions with my fleetmates the other night, and we ran into a Reman dreadnaught that looked like the Scimitar from Star Trek 10. This got me thinking: now that we can make the game hard enough to spawn enemy dreadnaughts, what are they? These are the ones I know:

Fed: Jupiter class (like the USS Victory, I believe it's a dreadnaught and not a carrier)
Klingon: none (I believe the Vo'Quv is a carrier)
Romulan/Reman: Scimitar
Cardassian/Dominion: ?
Terran: see Fed
Borg: Tactical Cube
Undine: ?

It is my current belief that cruisers, carriers, and dreadnaughts are distinct classes of ship. If you know of any other dreadnaughts, please post them here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Whoops, posted this in the wrong forum Feel free to move it to a gameplay forum, sorry!

Or, alternatively: the dreadnaught class of ship is really cool and got me and my fleet really excited. They are IMO the best group content in the game right now. The ability to set difficulty very high and fight behemoth ships is a lot of fun. So I guess my feedback is: difficultly slider = good, dreadnaught class ships = good, and design more dreadnaughts!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2010, 08:29 AM
You realize dreadnaughts weren't added with the difficulty slider, right? They've been in for a long time. Romulan/Reman DSEs can have them, and there's at least a Jem'Hadar one as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, I knew they existed before. But Deep Space missions are just random chaos; it's easy to get 10 ships together and massacre everything in the zone, even the dreadnaughts. Now with the elite missions, the difficulty is tuned to the number of people in your team which allows you to really feel how many hit points a dreadnaught has and how hard it hits.

Also, I know that the Terran DSEs usually have a cruiser flagship as their boss, not a dreadnaught. So I was wondering if there are dreadnaughts that may have existed before, but are only commonly encountered in elite missions?