Lt. Commander
First of all, I'd like to say that I am very pleased with the Dev's record on fixing existing bugs in general. Most of the aggravating errors that I saw back in open beta are now gone, and that's really great.

One area however that needs to be fixed ASAP is the issue with missing/broken space traits on bridge officers. I'm going to say right now, up front, that the reason this needs to be a priority issue is that it affects the development plans of players - the longer these errors go without being fixed, the more of a hassle it will be for players later when they need to switch out bridge officers to get the traits they want.

That being said, here's the situation:

1. Leadership (human trait) is still flagged as a ground trait and does not affect space repair rate. You can see this in the fact that assigning a human bridge officer to a station does not change your repair rate at all.

2. Efficient only shows up on uncommon saurians. This is a really bizarre issue, since Saurians usually cannot get efficient at all. Efficient should only be appearing on races that can normally choose Efficient, which notably includes the Alien race (i.e., unknown). To give you an idea of how much this is valued, the cheapest Efficient Saurian BO I found today was going for 7.5 million energy credits and the majority were in the double or triple digits. I was actually seeing realistic undercutting on prices so I am not at all certain that no-one is buying them.

3. All of the other space traits should appear where racially required and should randomly appear in optional slots where permitted, as based on what a player character could choose at character creation.

As stated above, the sooner this problem is fixed, the sooner players can develop their BO's without fear that they're going to have to switch them out later and waste a lot of merits and bridge officer skill points.

Alternately, and this may be reasonable, you could introduce a method of "retraining" traits on players and bridge officers, likely for merits. I personally think that's reasonable.

Devs, please comment on this. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
it also be great if the Efficient space trait worked

i got one of these and put it in a console station, and zero change in my power lvls

though it was suppose to put all power lvls up by +5 as long as it was in a ship station?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Uh, do racial abilities of Bridge Officers even effect Space Statistics?

As far as I can tell none of your Bridge Officers add anything other then their powers to your character in space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelocke
it also be great if the Efficient space trait worked

i got one of these and put it in a console station, and zero change in my power lvls

though it was suppose to put all power lvls up by +5 as long as it was in a ship station?
It's a +5 bonus to abilities, not a +5 bonus to power levels... (And the skill only applies to lower level power settings...) This also means you have to start putting points into Efficiency skills (a Cmdr. Rank ability) for it to really start showing up. If you stack it with 'Efficient Captain' it starts to become noticeable...

Once 'Leadership' and 'Efficient', (as well as the other Space Trait Skills...) are fixed so that they are properly allocated to new BOs, a BO Trait respec would also be nice to bring pre-existing BOs up to date with the changes...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Is there any update on this topic? I was wondering where those traits are displayed anyways. Now I looked through my blue/purple BO and through some BOs on the Exchange, but I never noticed anything where a trait would be mentioned in the skills window. Are traits that rare on a BO or am I blind that I can't find any notice of them?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Traits for BO in general are very much broken in their entirety. Close combat traits do not work, space traits are placeholders and the generation system is anything but random.

I thik the whole BO trait system needs to be looked at and made better or at least allow players to customize it same as with appearance and skills (trait store).