Lt. Commander
# 1 Auxiliary Power to Batteries
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
There's a functionality problem with this power, as I will describe below:

1. When you use this power, it silently sets up another power in the "P" menu for you to use, which is the actual emergency battery. This is not documented *anywhere* and took me a while to figure out.

2. To use the new power, you have to put it on the hotbar. The problem is that when the overall Auxiliary Power to Batteries ability runs out, the icon disappears from the hotbar. This means that whenever you want to use this ability you need to fish out the Emergency Battery icon from the P menu and put it back on the hotbar. That's a problem, especially in combat.

Suggested solutions:

1. Actually put information regarding how the player needs to get the icon out of the P menu into the Auxiliary Power to Batteries skill description.

2. Allow the emergency battery icon to remain on your hotbar even after the overall power terminates; it can be greyed out or something.

I like the power overall, it just needs these usability improvements. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2010, 11:56 AM
It gets added to the hotbar each time, just not always in the same place. If you hit the up/down arrors on the hotbar index, you can find it faster than hitting 'p' and dragging it. Sometimes it does actually go back to the same place--I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the size of the battery you get, or is random.

Yes, it's lame it works this way, just pointing out alternatives.