Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
It's computer generated. It's completely random.
What're you saying, Bob? Are you telling me that entirely random events string together to get a computer to call me a derogatory name for sausage? What is the likelihood of that happening, really? I mean, it is impossible, clearly, someone had to sit down and push a button and giggle when they sent me a captcha like that, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
It's slang for cigarette. In it's longer form it's also a type of sausage.
No, really.
a ***got is not a sausage! How very dare you? It's one of Britain's tastiest morsels. It's a meatball of pig offal and bacon steeped in gravy. Proper food
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
What're you saying, Bob? Are you telling me that entirely random events string together to get a computer to call me a derogatory name for sausage? What is the likelihood of that happening, really? I mean, it is impossible, clearly, someone had to sit down and push a button and giggle when they sent me a captcha like that, obviously.
Absolutely. I got "stud" when I did it. Turn your webcam off and make it guess.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
a ***got is not a sausage! How very dare you? It's one of Britain's tastiest morsels. It's a meatball of pig offal and bacon steeped in gravy. Proper food
One's I've seen have been shaped like sausages, therefore it's a sausage!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I know that, I was just making an observation that it has different meaning. (Still amazed at the sausage bit)

remember, you only speak our language. We invented it. Just because you give words different meanings does not make it correct.
***got is an ancient British word. As pointed out it's a firewood bundle or a meatball dish.

Which is why cryptic need a moderator that is culturally versed in EU culture. ( but not a frenchman, that is an even more insular culture than the US )
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
I know, right? It isn't like Brits don't have problems with their food already - Bangers & Mash, Bubble & Squeak, Spotted ****...Cockaleekie Soup...its like all the food was made up by drunken frat boys.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
One's I've seen have been shaped like sausages, therefore it's a sausage!
it's not served in an intestine casing like a sausage. My word, I'll have to give cooking lessons soon ( I am eating my very own hand made spaghetti and meatballs right now )
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
So is this the same term as the archaic word for a bundle of wood???
a bundle of twigs, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I know, right? It isn't like Brits don't have problems with their food already - Bangers & Mash, Bubble & Squeak, Spotted ****...Cockaleekie Soup...its like all the food was made up by drunken frat boys.
No no no no.
Drunken aristocrats.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
While I do love me some bangers and mash, and a good meat pie is tasty... 'offal' isn't exactly a word I use in context with 'food.'

Reading the definition of 'offal' doesn't help, not after I just had lunch.

Oh gods now it's making me remember that one day I had to spend at a tallow plant.... *turns green*
Closed Thread