Lt. Commander
# 21
05-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
Re: Ralph Koster and SOE.....he was politely asked to leave because SOE wanted to take a new direction and Koster didn't agree with it. That was well documented.

On the other side of the coin, most MMO's I have played (and that is a lot) I have noticed that people on the Dev teams leave a lot. Usually just a few here and there. In this case with STO, I don't see any new trend or anything to worry about.
I think a lot of creative types including programmers are like myself. I got bored after working on the same thing after 2-3 years even if it's big and complex like an CRM system. For once I master the what ever the company produces/works on there is no challenge for me any more. I got bored and started looking for other work. Now I'm a Unix Systems Administrator and have been on the current job for over 10 years. Wben I got board there is always something new around the corner. I'm never bored for too long.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post

This has nothing to do with rats leaving sinking ships; this is skilled professionals seeking the next challenge or the perfect office culture.
Does Cryptic write this stuff for you?

Folks, it's rats jumping ship fast as they can. You can bank on it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-07-2010, 11:11 PM
What if the new people they hired were better than the one's who took other jobs? Isn't that possible. I mean Michael Jordan took someones job when he got to the NBA.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post

Bah

*waves hand in a dismissive motion.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Bah

*waves hand in a dismissive motion.
RP forum (Ten Forward) ------------->

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
RP forum (Ten Forward) ------------->

Thanks.
Actually I was just dismissing your comment. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:

One has to wonder, if you're so convinced the ship is sinking, why are you still on it?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Actually I was just dismissing your comment. Thanks
Oh, so that's how you act in real life? hahahahahahaahahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
One has to wonder, if you're so convinced the ship is sinking, why are you still on it?
Because I still have till the end of this month before my sub runs out, and since this game only provides a couple of weeks of game play before one wants to poke one's eyes out with a hot poker because of the repetitiveness, I need to get my money's worth of amusement somehow.

That, and if I can warn even one person off wasting their money on this game I can pat myself on the back. I'm really into self gratification gigitty gigitty
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I hope it's just normal personnel turnover. I really do.

In terms of believing you, it would have helped if the game was well-designed. Can't remember the last time I heard of a lead developer leaving Blizzard for a new company.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
I hope it's just normal personnel turnover. I really do.

In terms of believing you, it would have helped if the game was well-designed. Can't remember the last time I heard of a lead developer leaving Blizzard for a new company.
Several of Blizzard's "lead developers" left Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios (the Hellgate:London folks).