Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Yeah. It really sucks that they're not doing anything at all with the Klingon faction.

It's so incomplete.

They need to add a TON of stuff.

One poster had a really great list of things they should add to Klingons. Let me find it and quote it:

Man, that's a decent list of improvement. If only someone would get the devs to work on stuff like that.
None will help without better PvP. Most Klingons dont want to do the Infected or The Cure now. They made the Klingons the PvP faction without crap for PvP, most of the players who left my fleet left because of this, and Im guessing it will take meaningfull PvP to bring them back. As for myself after this month Im joining them, and wont be back till the open PvP sectors open up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Hell I cant even get into the weekend....all im getting is error with application process and it chucks me back to the home screen. Anyone else got that. Hell if they can't even fix that then I can't be bothered with returning .
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Where's teh Klingon stuff? Where's the character and ship customization for Klingons, to bring them up to 1/4 the options Feds already have?
Did you really just ask me where the character customization was? It's there. On the list.

I am confused.

Quote:
Suppose a Klingon player brings in new players, what reward do Klingons get?
If you bring in 5 new federation players, as a Klingon you get the honor of having 5 new people to repeatedly kill in combat. That seems like a very Klingon centric reward to me. But I admit I'm not exactly an expert on Klingon culture. I'm a Nausicaan. Pirate. I do things for money.

Quote:
I still see the Feds getting 3 to 5 times the new content Klingons are getting. When does the "content gap" start closing instead of widening?
It doesn't ever close. That's the mathematics of living in a linear phase of time-space. You see the feds started ahead. Started with more stuff. So they will always be ahead, just out of reach. I'm not sure you should spend so much time or energy focusing on that disparity, as it's a dead-end. You would be much better off simply focusing on what you want on your side of the equation to make you happy.

Also ... seriously ... give it up with the ships and playable species. The Federation has so many more ships to draw on than the KDF. That's the reality of the IP. That's Star Trek. The KDF will never have as many ship variants as the Federation. Because the Federation just plain has more ships.

And playable species? The Klingon Empire is an empire. Built on conquest. The United Federation of Planets is a peaceful organization who's entire PURPOSE is to bring as many species together as possible.

They are supposed to have that variety. That's the point.

Do I support the idea of adding another race or two to the Klingon side? Sure.

Do I back the completely illogical complaint that the klingons are not catching up to the federation in number of playable species? No. That's against the entire point of the two sides.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
None will help without better PvP. Most Klingons dont want to do the Infected or The Cure now. They made the Klingons the PvP faction without crap for PvP, most of the players who left my fleet left because of this, and Im guessing it will take meaningfull PvP to bring them back. As for myself after this month Im joining them, and wont be back till the open PvP sectors open up.
PVP is equal for Fed and Klingons. If you feel PVP is crap, it doesn't matter which side you play on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
The problem Superchum, is not the fact that the Klingons will never be on par with the Federation because they started out with more and the KDF will always be behind, even if a tad bit.

The real problem is that Cryptic isn't even trying to beef up the Klingon experience of gameplay. I've said it before in tons of other threads:

Look at the Calendar. Look at what Cryptic is working on and going to implement. Look at what's going to hit C-Store. Look at the sheer amount of NEW customization that the Federation continues to receive while the Klingons get s**t, despite the fact that the Feds already have far more than the KDF can even hope for... Look at the 1.5 Sector Blocks of KDF space compared to the Feds' NINE.

Just look at what Cryptic isn't doing for the KDF and what they are doing for the Federation.

THAT is the real problem here. And those fools at Cryptic wonder why nobody plays this faction? There's a number of Fed players out there that would love to try the Klingons but they refuse to do so because they KNOW the KDF has squat to do, and will remain the same.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-08-2010, 09:41 PM
According to the Engineering reports, the soonest we MIGHT get actual Klingon content, would be Season 2.

It is a long ways off from here.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
yes season 2 a long ways away and thats only if and big if there they decide to actualy keep it and add all the kdf stuff, most likely they will dump the kdf stuff they plan to put in for ship costumes, and stupid other crap like that, but the wait and see is a good idea, i only wish i could have known how slow it was progressing if any i would never have bought my lifetime had i known. so now i just wait and see and play wow cause its more interesting at this point that nebula missions
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
According to the Engineering reports, the soonest we MIGHT get actual Klingon content, would be Season 2.

It is a long ways off from here.
I really fear that's going to be to long of a wait. Players are dropping like flies and Klingon players in particular are becoming even more rare. This game has lost so many players already and it still has APB's upcoming launch to deal with, that will likely take even more people away, again Klingon players in particular because APB is a Faction vs Faction game that actually has open world PvP.

I really understand they're working hard on getting us new stuff, but it's just not going to come fast enough for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
So, what exactly can I do as an RA5 that I can't do as a BG5, besides playing with the character customization? I'd really like to know where this famous fed wonderland is supposed to be ...
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
The problem Superchum, is not the fact that the Klingons will never be on par with the Federation because they started out with more and the KDF will always be behind, even if a tad bit.

The real problem is that Cryptic isn't even trying to beef up the Klingon experience of gameplay. I've said it before in tons of other threads:

Look at the Calendar. Look at what Cryptic is working on and going to implement. Look at what's going to hit C-Store. Look at the sheer amount of NEW customization that the Federation continues to receive while the Klingons get s**t, despite the fact that the Feds already have far more than the KDF can even hope for... Look at the 1.5 Sector Blocks of KDF space compared to the Feds' NINE.

Just look at what Cryptic isn't doing for the KDF and what they are doing for the Federation.

THAT is the real problem here. And those fools at Cryptic wonder why nobody plays this faction? There's a number of Fed players out there that would love to try the Klingons but they refuse to do so because they KNOW the KDF has squat to do, and will remain the same.
So basically the problem is, the devs aren't doing anything for the KDF. Not designing a single thing for them. And even if they do, the problem still remains that the problem is the KDF doesn't have anything to do. Because no matter if they get this stuff that's missing, the problem is they're not getting the stuff they're missing.

Here's a breakdown of what I can do in this game as a fed:

1- Story Arc Missions.
2- Sector Defense
3- Sector Patrol
4- Fleet Actions
5- Exploration Missions
6- PVP maps
7- STFs
8- Memory Alpha Crafting

I personally tend to avoid Sector Defense until RA5, because it's not a very efficient use of my time in-game.

I also avoid crafting because it's not a very good system nor is it a very efficient use of my time in-game.

So it's hard for me to really lend a sympathetic ear to Klingons who complain about not having crafting. Because I personally think you're better off not having it.

But I will concede that technically Klingons can not craft.
The can do STFs. The can do PVP maps. They can do Exploration Missions. They can do Fleet Actions. And the Kahless Expanse plays out exactly like Sector Defense in terms of gameplay. And I think I've seen more than a few Klingons in DSE's in the B'Tran. If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry my Klingon isn't a BG yet.

That leaves ...

Story Arc missions. And Sector Patrols. And Crafting.

That's it. That's the difference in content.

Why so much rage about story arcs when that's the thing they say they're working hardest to give you?

Why so much rage about not being able to craft?

This is what puzzles me the most.

As Faulgor says, the Federation Wonderland's grass is not greener. Even when Klingons get off-duty uniforms and a second and third configuration for the angle of the wings on a Bird of Prey ... this rage will still be there.

I don't think I understand the source of that rage at all.

It can't be content. Since content is exactly what is promised.