Lt. Commander
# 101
05-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Not that ironic. We're talking about the Mirror Universe where such things are commonplace.
ZING!

And yeah, you make a wonderful point.
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Interesting.... thanks for posting that, it looks like it just made a lot of arguments moot.
The Mirror Universe uniforms are NOT exclusive and they never were.

Which means theres nothing stopping cryptic from making them available later.
It doesnt make any arguments moot I'm afraid. If it were offered any other way it would not be Unique.

Which is why we asked for clarification back then. Because, lets face it, we were thinking the same thing you people are now. We'd much rather pay a few bucks on the C-Store than a few hundred on another game entirely. But they said it would be the only way (hence, unique).

So based on that they need to stick to their words for a reasonable timeframe. Simple as that. After the 16 month mark I wont have any objection to Vet Reward or C-Store. But I just promote the Vet option because waiting is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Unique is a word with many different meanings.

I have no objection to waiting, but im sick and tired of these greedy elitists that just want to have it for themselves.
To those other threads with people demanding liberated borg i just say: Give me MU uniforms and you can have Lib Borg.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
It doesnt make any arguments moot I'm afraid. If it were offered any other way it would not be Unique.

Which is why we asked for clarification back then. Because, lets face it, we were thinking the same thing you people are now. We'd much rather pay a few bucks on the C-Store than a few hundred on another game entirely. But they said it would be the only way (hence, unique).

So based on that they need to stick to their words for a reasonable timeframe. Simple as that. After the 16 month mark I wont have any objection to Vet Reward or C-Store. But I just promote the Vet option because waiting is enough.
[b]Unique = refers to this uniform as not typical; unusual, as to set its appearance apart from the others, and if you read the post UNIQUE, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVE

Elementary my dear Data, Checkmate.
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Unique is a word with many different meanings.

I have no objection to waiting, but im sick and tired of these greedy elitists that just want to have it for themselves.
To those other threads with people demanding liberated borg i just say: Give me MU uniforms and you can have Lib Borg.
Well most meanings to Unique would indicate it being the only way to get it. But its why we asked for (and recieved) Clarification. Because it was an odd choice of words.

But my stance has never been one of elitism at all. Only this: That if they offer a secondary method of obtaining the uniforms, and I knew of that secondary method back when I made the purchase, there would be a reasonable likelihood I'd have made the same choice.

So for example, if I knew back then the choices were:

1. Buy the CO Lifetime package to get the uniform
2. Wait 1.5 years and get them for free (Vet reward)

I'd still probably have picked option 1. Option 2 is cheaper, but I'm not that patient.

But if the second option was 'wait a week after the LTers finally get it and pay $5 in the C-Store' I'd have gone with that instead. I may be impatient, but its only a week.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Well most meanings to Unique would indicate it being the only way to get it. But its why we asked for (and recieved) Clarification. Because it was an odd choice of words.

But my stance has never been one of elitism at all. Only this: That if they offer a secondary method of obtaining the uniforms, and I knew of that secondary method back when I made the purchase, there would be a reasonable likelihood I'd have made the same choice.

So for example, if I knew back then the choices were:

1. Buy the CO Lifetime package to get the uniform
2. Wait 1.5 years and get them for free (Vet reward)

I'd still probably have picked option 1. Option 2 is cheaper, but I'm not that patient.

But if the second option was 'wait a week after the LTers finally get it and pay $5 in the C-Store' I'd have gone with that instead. I may be impatient, but its only a week.
I know your not an elitist, but it has been fun debating this issue with you
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-12-2010, 02:58 PM
why don't we go to a store i'll buy something in cash and you try to convince them to give you the same product for free
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Are you daft man? I already said were not expecting it FREE were expecting them to become OBTAINABLE again.
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
so if sryptic were to make the offer again you'd buy the lifetime to co?
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
so if sryptic were to make the offer again you'd buy the lifetime to co?
rof hell no.. dump it on the c-stre
Closed Thread