Lt. Commander
# 121
05-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
It was part of the package. That means it has an value into that package. Furthermore do I need to look up the word "exclusive" for you... here .. READ IT.

ex·clu·sive
   /ɪkˈsklusɪv, -zɪv/ Show Spelled[ik-skloo-siv, -ziv] Show IPA
–adjective
not admitting of something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive plans of action.
omitting from consideration or account (often fol. by of): a profit of ten percent, exclusive of taxes.
limited to the object or objects designated: exclusive attention to business.
shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.
fashionable; stylish: to patronize only the most exclusive designers.
charging comparatively high prices; expensive: exclusive shops.
noting that in which no others have a share: exclusive information.
single or sole: the exclusive means of communication between two places.
disposed to resist the admission of outsiders to association, intimacy, etc.: an exclusive circle of intimate friends.
admitting only members of a socially restricted or very carefully selected group: an exclusive club.
excluding or tending to exclude, as from use or possession: exclusive laws.
Grammar. (of the first person plural) excluding the person or persons spoken to, as we in We'll see you later.Compare inclusive (def. 4).
–noun
Journalism. a piece of news, or the reporting of a piece of news, obtained by a newspaper or other news organization, along with the privilege of using it first.
an exclusive right or privilege: to have an exclusive on providing fuel oil to the area.
Hmm...Cryptic must have a different dictionary than you. Apparently, "exclusive" to them means "only limited to a certain number of people until we decide to offer them in a different fashion...possibly for more money". Almost all of the above quoted definitions are contrary to what the company has done.

Let me give you a couple examples, both of which have been a hot topic lately. First off, they offered the TOS unis as an exclusive item. Guess what? They decided to give it out for free later on. Next, they decide to open up the Captain's Table as an exclusive item for all lifetime subs. Guess what? They decided to give it out for people who pay for 400+ days.

See the trend here? Exclusive and unique don't mean jack when it comes down to potential sales and revenue. There are people who want the item, but are willing to do something for it. There are people who have the item but are dead set on keeping it for themselves and will only give it up if they pry it from your cold, dead hands. Can't we make a compromise and meet in the middle?
Lt. Commander
# 122
05-12-2010, 04:32 PM
This thread is so much fun.

So much QQ fit into such a tiny space lol
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
the word has many meanings
yeah,..and all of them are even less common than "exclusive"
Lt. Commander
# 124
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
This thread is so much fun.

So much QQ fit into such a tiny space lol
Where you see "QQ", others might see an attempt to compromise. There are people who have these exclusives that cannot be found elsewhere who are willing to put up the MU unis or Lib Borg for others to eventually get. I may only have the Borg, but I think it should be a Vet reward. I have friends who have the CO LTS with the uniform that are willing to see it put up as a Vet reward. There are a lot of threads and posts saying so. There really are only a vocal few who are trying to keep these things to themselves and that screams "elitism" to me. I don't see many people screaming "just give us this stuff for free". Lots of people are willing to WORK and EARN these items.
Lt. Commander
# 125
05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Um...I think...I think I'll stay away from that. And no, he has a valid argument. People who have these exclusives are willing to compromise to let others either have them or something similar. Those who want to withhold anything from other players just want their toys to themselves. And those who want those items without working for it in any fashion just want instant gratification. I'm willing to meet in the middle. Make the MU uni, the Lib Borg, the new hot X-exclusive item available to others, but make them earn it. If Cryptic HAS to put stuff up in the C-Store, make it a variation...or make it something else...but don't cheapen the item, either.

I have been saying all along that what should be given out by other means be the "bronze medal" version. For example, Have MU, have Kirk's TOS MU and the Enterprise MU and even what MU outfits appeared in DS9... but not the Spock top. Reserve that at least for the CO LTSers. In other words, compromise by making MU available, but keep SOME recognition in play for us.

The same for Lib Borg. Make it a 500-day vet reward, or a VERY expensive c-store, or heck, even the $300 LTS... but LIMIT the facial hardware to that which appears on the BOffs - leaving the bigger headgear exclusive to the pre-order LTSers, again, retaining at least SOME recognition for our faith.

Similar, but retain some exclusivity.

THAT is meeting half way.
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I have played STO since pre-launch(ok closed beta but that does not really count), and in all that time i have only once EVER in person seen anyone wearing the MU uniform, allthough i have seen quite a numerous amounts of liberated borg.

So yeah, i guess unique and exclusive means = complete waste of Cryptic's resources.

And i got an even better idea, Cryptic can make an awesome brand new exclusive that is available to everyone who does NOT have the CO lifetime sub. :p
Lt. Commander
# 127
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I have played STO since pre-launch(ok closed beta but that does not really count), and in all that time i have only once EVER in person seen anyone wearing the MU uniform, allthough i have seen quite a numerous amounts of liberated borg.

So yeah, i guess unique and exclusive means = complete waste of Cryptic's resources.

And i got an even better idea, Cryptic can make an awesome brand new exclusive that is available to everyone who does NOT have the CO lifetime sub. :p
Works for me, and you know what the difference will be...

I won't be here complaining about not having it.
Lt. Commander
# 128
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Odd. I see someone in pieces of it nearly every day. (Not counting myself obviously) Not to borg levels, but far more than I thought had it.
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Works for me, and you know what the difference will be...

I won't be here complaining about not having it.
Or making retarded uncomparable arguments?
Quote:
Good one. I guess this means that if you want a car, you should just be able to go and take one out of some "elitist's" garage for yourself, because you should have one too.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
exactly you're not willing to pay what someone else paid but you want it anyway so those that paid 200 myself excluded should get jipped because you want what they have?
Closed Thread