Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
05-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I hate to pull this card out, but, really ...

It's an unwritten forum rule here. No one argues with Panthro. It's not allowed. He's a thundercat. He has nunchuks. He drives the Thunder Tank.

It's the no-win situation that the Kobyashi Maru is supposed to teach us all about. You can't ague with Panthro.
This made me lol thanks you win the best post ever lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
05-13-2010, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Correct you were CHECKMATED, That is the first correct and factual thing I have heard you say all day. Thank you for proving my point so nicely with the above definition of unique. The first four definitions do not apply, because the meaning is singular as in only one person could have MU Uniforms. Therefore we are left with 5&6 that prove my point of NON EXCLUSIVITY. Reality and reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see. You may call checkmate, but it will only satisfy your own delusion.( FACTS ARE FACTS.) For the game has been over for most of the day and the checkmate was not in your favor. The checkmate is by definition a factual defeat:
1 : to arrest,
thwart, or counter completely
2 : to check (a chess opponent's king) so that escape is impossible

Companies term things like legislators term laws for my above mentioned proven fact. The MU Uniforms are unique you are correct, they are unique as in they are the single mirror uniform in game, no other uniform or MU Uniform will look like these. This is how they are unique. If you read Cryptic's description of exclusive, it shows only one way to obtained, I referenced a dictionary resource below. Anything less than exclusive is not by Cryptic's own definition. Unique in this context says the uniform is a unique in the type of uniform being a Mirror Uniform outfit, but DOES NOT IN FACT SHOW EXCLUSIVITY From the Champions site I quote "Lifetime subscriptions include:

* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!"

Main Entry: 1ex·clu·sive
Pronunciation: \iks-ˈklü-siv, -ziv\
Function: adjective
Date: 1515

1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group
2 a : excluding others from participation b : snobbishly aloof
3 a : accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class) b : stylish, fashionable c : restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense
4 a : single, sole <exclusive jurisdiction> b : whole, undivided <his exclusive attention>


In Closing I SAY TO YOU GOOD DAY SIR, You may split hairs or slice pie in many ways, but your still wrong at begininning and end of each every day!! FACTS ARE FACTS IN BLACK AND WHITE CHECKMATE, GAME, SET , MATCH.

1. Game, set, match 53 up, 3 down
Used to indicate that a person has definitively beaten the opposition in a given situation. Derived from the game of tennis in which the winner of a match is the player who wins two out of three (for women) or three out of five (for men) sets; each set is made up of a number of games. Thus, the final winning shot is the one that wins the player the point that wins the game that wins the set that wins the match.
sooo many colours :O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
05-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
MORE TEARS. CRY MORE.. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

My fleet will soon be fully operational .. my fleet of MU wearing super soldiers will destroy the galaxy from your tears.

See my avatar. See my sig.

I noticed that you still don't have this uniform.

Guess you should have paid for it.

Say checkmate as many times as you want.

You still don't have it.
oh come on you could of done better than that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
05-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
oh come on you could of done better than that
Don't need to. This is too easy to put forth any real effort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
05-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
(a bunch of colorized, emotionally charged stuff about interpreting definitions)
Wow. Look, we're all just ****ing in the wind here, since not once has Cryptic stepped up and said "here's the policy, here's what we intend, and while it may change, this is what it stands at for now, period"

Unfortunately, the only examples we have are the CO LTS costume, which they have apparently said WILL become less exclusive later, TCT here, which is now a 400 day item, and the Galaxy-X, which was actually confirmed here as NOT being available by other means.

So company-wide, signs point to the possibility, game wise, its a 50/50 split, and frankly nothing we debate about the semantics is going to mean squat.

I have my opinion on what I would like to see happen.

You have your OPINION on what you would LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN.

But no amount of dictionary pounding, pedantic ravings, or legalese babel can possibly do anything but keep us at each other's throats.

You may view those of us who want to keep some significance to this as greedy, we may view those of you who want it all, free, as lazy. That's fine, nothing to do about that.

But enough with the lessons on interpreting vagaries... there's just no way we'll know until a yellow name tells us, and frankly the colors give me a migraine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
05-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Correct you were CHECKMATED, That is the first correct and factual thing I have heard you say all day. Thank you for proving my point so nicely with the above definition of unique. The first four definitions do not apply, because the meaning is singular as in only one person could have MU Uniforms. Therefore we are left with 5&6 that prove my point of NON EXCLUSIVITY. Reality and reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see. You may call checkmate, but it will only satisfy your own delusion.( FACTS ARE FACTS.) For the game has been over for most of the day and the checkmate was not in your favor. The checkmate is by definition a factual defeat:
1 : to arrest,
thwart, or counter completely
2 : to check (a chess opponent's king) so that escape is impossible

Companies term things like legislators term laws for my above mentioned proven fact. The MU Uniforms are unique you are correct, they are unique as in they are the single mirror uniform in game, no other uniform or MU Uniform will look like these. This is how they are unique. If you read Cryptic's description of exclusive, it shows only one way to obtained, I referenced a dictionary resource below. Anything less than exclusive is not by Cryptic's own definition. Unique in this context says the uniform is a unique in the type of uniform being a Mirror Uniform outfit, but DOES NOT IN FACT SHOW EXCLUSIVITY From the Champions site I quote "Lifetime subscriptions include:

* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
* Exclusive Art Deco costume set
* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
* Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
* Eight additional character slots!"

Main Entry: 1ex·clu·sive
Pronunciation: \iks-ˈklü-siv, -ziv\
Function: adjective
Date: 1515

1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group
2 a : excluding others from participation b : snobbishly aloof
3 a : accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class) b : stylish, fashionable c : restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense
4 a : single, sole <exclusive jurisdiction> b : whole, undivided <his exclusive attention>


In Closing I SAY TO YOU GOOD DAY SIR, You may split hairs or slice pie in many ways, but your still wrong at begininning and end of each every day!! FACTS ARE FACTS IN BLACK AND WHITE CHECKMATE, GAME, SET , MATCH.

1. Game, set, match 53 up, 3 down
Used to indicate that a person has definitively beaten the opposition in a given situation. Derived from the game of tennis in which the winner of a match is the player who wins two out of three (for women) or three out of five (for men) sets; each set is made up of a number of games. Thus, the final winning shot is the one that wins the player the point that wins the game that wins the set that wins the match.
Ye Gods, thats alot of colors. But thats now how Chess works. You don't get to pick which definition of 'unique' everyone gets to use and call it a definitive victory. Nor do I, for that matter. Only Cryptic gets to pick which definition they meant. And when asked, They went with this one:

3.limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia

It was limited in occurance to that offer.

I'll let you two get back to your chess game now. Did you mix Tennis metaphors in there too? So confused.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Don't need to. This is too easy to put forth any real effort.
You know, your posts have degenerated into nothing more than proving that you are a troll & elitist. "QQ more!" "My ships run on the tears and blood of newborn babes!" Yes, I know I'm putting words in your mouth, but you're putting words in others' mouths as well. Stop acting like a spoiled brat who wants his toys to himself and those who want them by ways of WORKING FOR THEM can't have them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
can i has ma undine now?!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Keeping up with the Jones' is a pathetic way to live.
You say this while clinging to the MU uniforms and screaming "YOU CANNOT HAS!!".
It's easy to criticise keeping up with the Jones' when you ARE the Jones.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 AM.