Lt. Commander
# 91
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Aren't we tense allies with the Romulans? I know that there's a lot of blood spilled between the Feds and Romulans at Lt. Commander and Commander but I think we're technically allies or at least not at war.

I really have no idea. I don't read the nonsense, I just repeat the missions and all I see is I'm fighting every other race repeatedly. I call that war.
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
That's the kind of war I like and if we had that mentality I would not have been pulled 15 clicks from Baghdad and we would never have had a situation that resulted in the Yanks having an illegal way some years later.

But I digress. Firstly what peace treaty? Who is asking for one? How do you know what a fictional race being written by someone else will do? You can say what you would like to see happen but other than that? You don't have a clue. You have no idea what a beaten enemy will agree to. No idea. And That I can say is something i do have experience of.
With respect, i know Star Trek.
Allowing Starfleet cloaking shifts the balance of power.
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Affraid to tell yah this but this is how wars are won no one wants to be the loser in a war
Lt. Commander
# 94
05-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Wait. What does this even have to do with Klingons?

I can understand being upset about the program and I can understand being excited by it but I don't see where Klingons factor in...

I know Klingons get the holographic BO and tribble... And I don't believe it's been confirmed or refuted whether Klingons get a ship for refering 5 players (either the AGT Galaxy or another one).

Well you see, when they developed this game they created this thing called PvP (Player vs Player) which allows 1 faction to do battle with the opposite faction. When they created this PvP, they decided that Faction 1, we'll call them the Feds, would get advantages A,B,C in PvP combat. They also created a 2nd faction (although not till 10 minutes before launch), we'll call them Klinks, who were given advantages D,E,F. Then one day their marketing team, who by their own Dev's admission doesn't do to good a job of thinking things through, decided in a desperation move to offer a unique reward in hopes of getting their remaining players to buy 5 accounts for 31+ days.....I mean recruit new players! When they introduced this new item that was far more then cosmetic, they didn't realize they just gave this Feds faction a ship with advantages A,B,C,D, and Z since this new unique ship had a cloak and a brand new never introduced before weapon. Which now left these already poor abandoned Klinks with only advantages E and F.
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Affraid to tell yah this but this is how wars are won no one wants to be the loser in a war
Such a shift can result in unusual alliances.
Such as the Klingon and Romulans.
If Starfleet becomes so powerful they will have no choice to join in a war of convenience as they did against the Dominion threat.
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
So what if you know it and it shifts the balance of power? You don't know star trek in this time because it's happening as we play it.
Shifting the balance of power in your favour during times of conflict is the thing you strive for not avoid. You may as well say the Feds are honourable so they have decided to use sticks instead of guns and give the klinks a chance. It;s a non-argument. It's fiction and we have no idea what will be written. I'm just offering sensible reasons why things could happen rather than stating anything as fact in a fantasy.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
So what if you know it and it shifts the balance of power? You don't know star trek in this time because it's happening as we play it.
Shifting the balance of power in your favour during times of conflict is the thing you strive for not avoid. You may as well say the Feds are honourable so they have decided to use sticks instead of guns and give the klinks a chance. It;s a non-argument. It's fiction and we have no idea what will be written. I'm just offering sensible reasons why things could happen rather than stating anything as fact in a fantasy.
Good point. I just think they will not give the Gal X a cloak just to keep that exclusive to the Klingon side. Nothing to do with Star Trek lore, just game balance.

"refer a friend:-recruit a stranger by any means including cash value enticement and bribery" I like your sig. So true and so sad.
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Whatever shifts in the balance of power depend completely on the writers of Star Trek Online. Whatever players believe in terms of plot really isn't that relevant since Cryptic has stated they have a plan and are going ahead with it full steam to whatever end it might lead.
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senn4200 View Post
Good point. I just think they will not give the Gal X a cloak just to keep that exclusive to the Klingon side. Nothing to do with Star Trek lore, just game balance.

"refer a friend:-recruit a stranger by any means including cash value enticement and bribery" I like your sig. So true and so sad.
Galaxy X already has a cloak it's in their advertising
Lt. Commander
# 100
05-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Whatever shifts in the balance of power depend completely on the writers of Star Trek Online. Whatever players believe in terms of plot really isn't that relevant since Cryptic has stated they have a plan and are going ahead with it full steam to whatever end it might lead.
Cryptics current plan to have a cloaking Galaxy x will result in me leaving the game.
No drama, a fact.
I'm trying to argue against it while i can.
They won't listen but i feel the need to try.
I take it as another insult towards Klingon players and another cynical money grab by Cryptic.
I just can't take anymore of the grubby pettyness of Cryptic.