Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Because people like to be super-cranky.

In our current society everyone wants everything now, and they want it easily gotten. The sense of self-entitlement people have now, compared to even a decade ago, is staggering. The internet has made people faceless and reckless and allows them to live without consequences or meaningful repercussions for their internet actions. Behind the mask of an internet ID we can whine like our 5 year-olds, scream like a banshee, and attack others without fear. The internet shows the true, petty nature of mankind that we keep hidden from each other in face-to-face contact.
that makes me feel special, i'm glad i portray myself off to be an animal instead of a human-being, it helps me to detact myself from the short comings of humanity and act like i believe i should act, weither it be in public or over the internet (yes i do act like i do in game/on the forums the same as i do irl... except irl i wear a panda hoodie instead having a dp of a panda >_> )
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Me thinks someone completely missed the number of threads and post of people wanting an alternative way to "earn" the Galaxy-X.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Some people really like the ship, some people want it for the special equipment its going to have like the phaser lance and the possible cloaking device.

As for myself, I want the ship because it fits into the background I've created for my main character. Whatever else it might come with is a plus.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
how amazing is the galaxy-x? i know it's just a tier 5 galaxy class with a third naculles, but really apart from looks what else does it have?

can it stealth like in the show? does it have a super iwin cannon on the front that can rip thru a negh var with full sheilds in 1 shot?
is it the fastest ship in the game?
apart from looks, what makes the galaxy class so special? and can anybody provide a link/proof of this total awesomeness?
I'd love to know these things too, so far all i've seen are some generalities relating to what we saw on the shows and one pic which has now been removed from the RAF page. we've also gotten absolutely no info or pics for the boff or tribble from cryptic.

This is stuff i need to see before i do anything. I've got a referral lined up but the balls on cryptics side of the court as to whether or not i actually go ahead with it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Me thinks someone completely missed the number of threads and post of people wanting an alternative way to "earn" the Galaxy-X.
actually it's the number of threads concerning this that made me ask "why should i, a player who plays mainly klingon and think the ship looks stupid, worry about refering friends? >_>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Some people really like the ship, some people want it for the special equipment its going to have like the phaser lance and the possible cloaking device.

As for myself, I want the ship because it fits into the background I've created for my main character. Whatever else it might come with is a plus.
we can't confirm it has a phaser lance =/
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
That's the one thing we can confirm. How this item works, what it does and the way in which it is attached to the ship is all speculation. BUT, devs have commented that the ship will have something there ... this phaser lance thing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-08-2010, 12:33 PM
It's really amazing how Cryptic is wasting time and money on every little gimmick they can think of. They seem to be commited to doing everything except making a good Star Trek game. Hey! how about you give us something worthwhile, like, getting rid of all this sector/system space crap and just give us space to travel in. Or how about getting rid of all those load screens. Or maybe turn this game into an actual MMO, instead of this arcade style single player game with console style multiplayer maps.. Here's another one. Get rid of those 11x11 foot rooms you call ground missions and give us an actual planet to explore. As far as I can tell Atari/Cryptic is the Milli Vanilli of online game companies
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
It does indeed have the Phaser Lance Dstahl confirmed that much. The Phaser Lance is one of the fan names for the super-phaser cannon that its got equipped on it. It's the cloaking device that hasn't been confirmed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
It does indeed have the Phaser Lance Dstahl confirmed that much. The Phaser Lance is one of the fan names for the super-phaser cannon that its got equipped on it. It's the cloaking device that hasn't been confirmed yet.
can you links it for me plz?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter422
It's really amazing how Cryptic is wasting time and money on every little gimmick they can think of.
To be fair, dstahl did state that the ship designer who made the Galaxy X did at least some of it on his own time, I believe. So it was just a bonus.