Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
No thank you. I'm even happier that I have no Galaxy X.

Even if I was to get it and even if I liked the ship, I would never use it for this one reason.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I couldn't care less about the Galaxy X as a reward if it was just a PvE ship. But if it's allowed to be used in PvP, then they better get back to the drawing board on how they balanced PvP. Add on top of that, the Cannon on this new ship is basically a split beam weapon that hits multiple targets in its arc and it hits through objects like asteroids you might be ducking behind for a breather too. So with it's cannon, if Klingon's are cloaked and someone has this ship and shoots at a uncloaked ship, that weapon will hit that target and any cloaked ship in it's path. I'll bet testing this ship's effect on PvP never even crossed their minds.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun
It's like Cryptic/Atari are actively TRYING to get people to stop playing Klingon side.

Maybe they just want to change the game to just Federation faction playing and then add more STF's for them, and just finally give up on other player factions.
Did you just now realize this? Dude this has been pretty much the SOP for a year now. But because of the IP alot of people hoped that Cryptic would do it right. Some of us still hope so, however the future is looking bleak.
Star Trek Online should have been Star Fleet Online..because right now it's nothing more than Cryptic Con Online.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Chaulk another one up to Cryptic. If true " Well done ! '
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2010, 03:25 PM
The Galaxy X is a refitted ship from the future - let the federation have it - and then Cryptic will have to release a Klingon Ship from the future as well thats capable of firing while cloaked, torpedos with the capacity of destroying planets, and a Blood Wine dispernsor for the Captain's Chair.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2010, 03:50 PM
the thing about feds having this is because canonically there is literally an exponential number of things for the federation than there is for the klingon empire. if you're gonna fault cryptic for favoring the federation, fault cbs as well for not greenlighting more klingon involved stories in the shows.

youre all whining about a lumberjack not cutting down enough trees when all he has to work with is a toothpick.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2010, 04:08 PM
if your not happy with what the klingons have play the feds and you'll have the same rewards as every one.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Is a non-battle cloak really that big of a deal? In practice all it's useful for is getting in position for the alpha strike from the rear Klingons are so fond of doing. Say every ship in existence had it, what difference does it make to a Klingon? You still have the same, as well as some ships having the battle cloak. If a non-battle cloak is really that big of a threat to you then perhaps you need to rethink your strategy in PvP...
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
Is a non-battle cloak really that big of a deal? In practice all it's useful for is getting in position for the alpha strike from the rear Klingons are so fond of doing. Say every ship in existence had it, what difference does it make to a Klingon? You still have the same, as well as some ships having the battle cloak. If a non-battle cloak is really that big of a threat to you then perhaps you need to rethink your strategy in PvP...
So then your ok with Klingons having ships that can fire while cloaked. This advancement was made in Kirks era and not late in TNG timeline. Just think of how many ways we Klingons can improve that technology in the time frame we have and the added races we now have working for us to add their intlect to the procecss.

So Cryptic, make it so and give us our new Warbird so we can crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
As an old Trek fan, the idea of a cloaked Starfleet turns the stomach. It goes COMPLETELY against the grain of how the Federation is represented in every movie and TV show of the franchise.