Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Meh once this goes live its cancel time.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um...isn't that the ship they only get IF they have 5 friends pay for at least 30 days each First?
If so, that means they've got to get 5 friends to play for the free trial period and then start paying before they will have a cloaking T5 Fed ship.
Most gamers by now have probably already figured out STO is either a game they'll like or not a game worth paying every month for.
So I'm kinda thinking we won't see a whole lot of them.
And I'm willing to bet the chances of seeing fleets of them in PvP will be slim.
Unless, of course, they change how it's obtained.
I agree, this is only a reward ship for recruiting new player (5 with paid sub) and therefore I would not expect to see many. I am also sure that once there will be playable Romulans the ways to detect cloaked ships will improve and combat will require a balance pass.

In any case, for quite some time I would expect not to see cloaked Federation ships in any PVP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm sure I'll be corrected, but wasn't that ship from a future that Q created? Picard went to/came from the "past" but no one remembered that event happening in their history, he was the only one jumping thanks to Q. Also being a refit of the Enterprise D which is now dead as a one of a kind flag ship for Riker because he pulled rank and saved it.
Also have the feddies walked way from the treaty stating they will not use cloaking devices? Whats going on here? I'm confused? Oh look here warps Enterprise J.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2010, 11:57 PM
why does it seem like everyone in this thread is forgetting the Defiant??? IT CAN CLOAK!!!!! OMG!!!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Nuts.......
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
So then your ok with Klingons having ships that can fire while cloaked. This advancement was made in Kirks era and not late in TNG timeline. Just think of how many ways we Klingons can improve that technology in the time frame we have and the added races we now have working for us to add their intlect to the procecss.

So Cryptic, make it so and give us our new Warbird so we can crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
There's a huge difference between firing while cloaked for a whole faction and a non-battle cloak for a single, unique ship. If you want to go to extremes with illegal (by Trek law) technology then I'll take the illegal Federation phase cloak and I can just fly around without being affected by anything, not even rocks and planets will stop me.

This needs some perspective after you (not you specifically..) have got over the initial "NO, NOT FAIR *CRY CRY* I'M QUITTING!" reaction. This is *1* ship out of all available to the Federation and as a reward (currently) for suckering five, soon-to-be-ex friends into the game. I would very much like the Galaxy X as it's being deemed with the cannon as it was in the episode to a degree. The cloak I don't care much either way, it would be nice but since I'm never going to see it if it stays as a referral only ship it doesn't matter to me. It's a love it or hate it ship, I happen to be in the former crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroomLake32
why does it seem like everyone in this thread is forgetting the Defiant??? IT CAN CLOAK!!!!! OMG!!!!! :p
it used a borrowed Romulan cloak...it was never...ever, intended or designed to cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
There's a huge difference between firing while cloaked for a whole faction and a non-battle cloak for a single, unique ship. If you want to go to extremes with illegal (by Trek law) technology then I'll take the illegal Federation phase cloak and I can just fly around without being affected by anything, not even rocks and planets will stop me.

This needs some perspective after you (not you specifically..) have got over the initial "NO, NOT FAIR *CRY CRY* I'M QUITTING!" reaction. This is *1* ship out of all available to the Federation and as a reward (currently) for suckering five, soon-to-be-ex friends into the game. I would very much like the Galaxy X as it's being deemed with the cannon as it was in the episode to a degree. The cloak I don't care much either way, it would be nice but since I'm never going to see it if it stays as a referral only ship it doesn't matter to me. It's a love it or hate it ship, I happen to be in the former crowd.
Ah but you don't have all the information - the federation weren't the only ones to experiment with interphase cloaking and they aren't the ones that perfected the technology. Honestly, you can have the phased cloak since it has one severe drawback - you can't fire

Love the part about the soon to be ex friends, I wouldn't even let people I hate play on my account. This is our burden to bear
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Ah but you don't have all the information - the federation weren't the only ones to experiment with interphase cloaking and they aren't the ones that perfected the technology. Honestly, you can have the phased cloak since it has one severe drawback - you can't fire

Love the part about the soon to be ex friends, I wouldn't even let people I hate play on my account. This is our burden to bear
I'll fly around while phased and cloaked taunting you with insults such as ..... "Your mother has a flat forehead!" and having the crew all moon you simultaneously, even though you won't be able to see it! I know what you're saying and you want it to be unique and stuck to Klingon and Romulan forces only but would one, difficult to acquire (in its current state) ship really cause that much of a fuss? I thought Klingons enjoyed the challenge

*cackles* I know, it's sad to me because I want to love the game as I'm sure many others do. Unfortunately, even if I felt it was ready and brimming with content for all levels, factions and with things to do outside of missions I don't know even one person that would want to play the game. Sometimes it's hard to be a Trek fan, this is one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Thats not a problem. No Klingon plays tier 5 PvP so you'll never run into it at all.