Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
As a lifer I'd actually prefer if they let everyone else into the Captain's Table as well, gets lonely.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Those of us who bought the deluxe version for the sto uniform didn't get any "compensation" when it got released to others, and this pretty much the same thing, "exclusive content" being made more "mainstream" to help maintain interest in lieu of additional content.

Really though is the Captains table all that impressive? Much like the sto uniforms, it was fun to be one of the few with it for a while, but now why not let others enjoy it too?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
The Lifetime was never sold with the Captain's Table as part of the package. It was an unadvertised extra created as a way to thank players for making a long term commitment to the game.

If someone subscribes for 400 days, I not only will welcome them to the Captain's Table, I'll buy them a drink as well. People who stick around for the long haul should stick together.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2010, 09:26 PM
i say everyone should have the pleasure of enjoying the boredom of the captains table.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah, you can keep it... i want a real reward for sticking arround for 400 days!
Captains Yacht sounds nice but i guess it will be just a diffrent Skin for the Runabout.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh bohoo, Captains table is nothing to whine about.
If anything its a good thing, and even better if some further functionality would be added to it so it doesn ot remain a ghost town.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Azure View Post
When "The Lifers" got their emails saying that we will have exclusive access to the Captains Table, we thought, great a place where we can go that is unique to people who paid the money to become Lifetime Members.

Now I see that all we had to do is wait 400 days and we get access anyway. I think it should stay unique to "LIfers".

Whats the point of giving lifetime members something to make them feel worth playing, then give it to others later on, sorry, but it dont make sense.
spending 400 days with an mmo is as much "lifetime" as modern mmos are going to get outa people.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm a lifer and I have to say for me I don't really have an issue (single proviso to follow) with them opening the door to others after 400 days for the Captains table, because lets face it, its a cool place, but there isnt anything there that isnt anywhere else..it was simply meant as a social place for lifers and the place is almost always EMPTY.. so what difference does it make if others get to visit.

The only gripe I have over them making it open to others for 400 days, is that it does however mean that we we lifers also reach 400 daysvet reward, we will get effectively one less benefit for vet time than non lifers, whic seems a little unfair.

As such can I suggest that Cryptic give lifers at 400 days a Transwarp to the Captaisn table ability (30 mins cooldown) that non lifers dont get, so that at least then WE get something for 400 days too for others getting access. this would also remain within context of the theme of what is being added for non lifers (i.e captaisn tabel related).
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-09-2010, 12:10 PM
If other people want to have acces to the Captains Table let them... That place is useless anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
The only gripe I have over them making it open to others for 400 days, is that it does however mean that we we lifers also reach 400 daysvet reward, we will get effectively one less benefit for vet time than non lifers, whic seems a little unfair.
This is the point in question. We will lose an option once we get to 400 days.